One Above All Daily Parkour Event! ENDED!

13»

Comments

• Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Peng's Slacking! Day 5 is now available! Result for the previous parkour will be posted ASAP! Enjoy.
    Also, thanks to starbutterfly! for making this parkour!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Because I am nice, I'm going to make a change to the rewards s(*-*) /

Along with the already stated Top 3 prizes

1st: Luv Balloon + 7.5k
    2nd: Turkey Head + 5k
    3rd: Wolf Head + 2,500c

I'm going to award everyone 4-10th with 1,500c. A small bonus, but I feel those who don't get in the top three still deserve something :)

In regards to the last two Parkours, we've had a few issues with lag... Obviously this is something I have zero control over. I can't stop it, I can't prevent it, I can't punish people because they accidentally lagged... So we've had to find a system to which ensure those who accidentally lag aren't fully punished, meanwhile those who fairly got their scores will not lose out. With that being said, here's our new system:

If a player is obviously lagging, 1sec + ahead of 2nd, we'll award the 1st player with 2pts, 2nd 3pts, 3rd 2pts, 4th 1pt and 5-10 0.5pts.

If you feel we shouldnt do this, comment below.
    Day 3s points & Guestbumper winners have been added, screenshot will do them shortly. As for Day 4 I'll get to it shortly. I've been quiet busy irl lately, so may be a bit slow here. :)
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Yaaay, I mostly get 4th to 6th. xD
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited June 2018
    Today's parkour is pretty cool despite its length
  • Withdrawing from the event.
    It was fun until "cheaters" arrived.
    Maybe next time.
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    How to join clan

Todays Parkour was built by @StarButterfly!

Withdrawing from the event.
    Maybe next time.

Sad to see you leave. May I ask what cheaters you're on about? There's a difference between lag and cheating. I can stop cheaters, I can't stop lag. I've tried to make it fair and enjoyable. Honestly it's alot of work to say it's literally one Parkour everyday...
    Gollum said:

How to join clan

Not a Clan event, but just so I've answered--speak to any of OAA leaders: ThisIsNotSlim, Sir. Pixel, NoeNt, Scorto7 or myself.
  • AidenPlayzAidenPlayz Member
    edited June 2018

Maybe next time.

Sad to see you leave. May I ask what cheaters you're on about? There's a difference between lag and cheating. I can stop cheaters, I can't stop lag. I've tried to make it fair and enjoyable. Honestly it's alot of work to say it's literally one Parkour everyday...
    Gollum said:

How to join clan

Not a Clan event, but just so I've answered--speak to any of OAA leaders: ThisIsNotSlim, Sir. Pixel, NoeNt, Scorto7 or myself.
    I'm pretty sure that's not lag.
    edited June 2018
    I'm fully aware of that, don't worry. As far as I am aware of, it was by lag, obviously I have to take said persons word for it. Regardless, the player there came to me about it last night. He can prove his time was 29.47secs I think it was, and that's what his score will be based off. I am trying my best here to try keep this fair... if you wish to quit the event I can't stop you nor will I try.
  • I'm fully aware of that, don't worry. As far as I am aware of, it was by lag, obviously I have to take said persons word for it. Regardless, the player there came to me about it last night. He can prove his time was 29.47secs I think it was, and that's what his score will be based off. I am trying my best here to try keep this fair... if you wish to quit the event I can't stop you nor will I try.

This is not the first, if the cheaters don't get punished, they won't stop. So I might as well stop trying. You're being too soft on them. Good luck to the other competitors.
    edited June 2018
    Again, there is a difference between cheating and lagging. If Star got his time, and didn't contact me, I would have disqualified him as soon as I noticed. His score wont be 3pts, trust me. I may be soft, sure, I am not punishing someone for lagging, I'm trying to make it fair. I've already had to disqualifie some people from all our Guestbumper Hat Pack rewards because they bumped both.

• Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    edited June 2018

I'm fully aware of that, don't worry. As far as I am aware of, it was by lag, obviously I have to take said persons word for it. Regardless, the player there came to me about it last night. He can prove his time was 29.47secs I think it was, and that's what his score will be based off. I am trying my best here to try keep this fair... if you wish to quit the event I can't stop you nor will I try.

This is not the first, if the cheaters don't get punished, they won't stop. So I might as well stop trying. You're being too soft on them. Good luck to the other competitors.
    What do you mean too soft? We have closed the event down twice in order to deal with cheaters, as for the singular person, he would have been disqualified if he did not come to us, however we cannot influence your decision, It's up to you if you wish to quit, all i will say is the event will continue
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited June 2018

Maybe next time.

Gollum said:

How to join clan

I'm pretty sure that's not lag.
    It was lag. I was there. Star crashed and logged back on and for some reason his time started when he came back. So he bumped the bumper and boom he got 5 secconds and he was lagging at the time and crashing cause of bad wifi. So he is not a cheater
    Day 6 is now live! Head to One Above All Daily Parkour, look for the Checkpoint blocks Parkour.

Day 5s results will be up shortly, although day 4 will not as we're trying to sort an issue :)
    LateCom said:

thats nice
    but where is day 3 result?

Day 3: Points and Guestbumpers are done, I just haven't placed screenshots.
  • just.. no one can beat death score :v The wind pakour :v
    Sorry everyone about todays Parkour, was an issue, all my fault. Gonna let Wind Parkour run for two days. So a new Parkour tomorrow definitely
  • hmm what happend now :v
  • yep, what happened and why changed nick?
    edited June 2018
    Okay, yeah, I've kinda paused this temporarily. I'm having some irl issues and I can't be on cc pretty much at all. We were building Parkours the day before they were used. I cannot and do not have the time or energy to be building parkours, setting them up, dealing with issues be it timings, cheating and so on. I will be finishing the event this month when I'm not having issues, which I won't talk about. It'll most likely be a 14 day event, we'll see. Either way, it'll be finished this month, the event will just be shorter, but the prizes will obviously be the same so it's kinda easier on you all I guess.

Also, this event will go back to normal as of next month. I won't be hosting it tho, it'll be run by Sir. Pixel and a few others, and I'll just help out when I'm not busy. More people running the event definitely makes it easier and less stressful :P
    Okay. I'll give the top three their prizes, I'll sort everyone's hat packs out shortly, as for people who got the same score, I'll pm you. Can a mod close this? :=)
  • me with death has same score eh xd

me with death has same score eh xd

I know, I'll sort it. I'll probably just give you both the same prize, is all good.
  • WOW ,well done who won !