Bring Back Windows version!!!

Wade PrevossWade Prevoss Member
edited May 2018 in Bug Reports
ughh Still the same.. some files are corrupted or something in Steam verion which makes me to reinstall it every time i shut down/restart my pc, bring it back @CosmicCow & @SirKewberth

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Are you trying to update while the game is running? That would cause it. Or if you had one of the files open in another place.. like texture file open in a paint program for instance. But basically what's happening here is you're using one of the cubic castles files while trying to overwrite it. Same thing would happen trying to install the old standalone. This has nothing to do with steam specifically.
  • welp.. its anoying to use steam.. take me 4-5 days to update steam cause my wifi its slow..some time the steam dont even usefull..its also make my pc stucking.pls back the Windows Version..
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    In my opinion, The steam version is way better than standalone... It is also more useful for being able to report bugs, with the inbuilt screenshot filter. Moreover, the steam version also allows for direct updates, i don't need to continuously go to the cubic castle's website in order to download the latest version.

welp.. its annoying to use steam.. take me 4-5 days to update steam cause my wifi its slow..some time the steam don't even useful..its also make my pc stucking.pls back the Windows Version..

You can set steam to update while you are not using it, if you are able to play Cubic Castles, your wifi cannot be bad, As well as this, varying from the steam to the standalone version, there is no increase in system requirements, in fact, i would say that there is a decrease, Steam itself is free and very light on your system
  • Same thing happened to me, I think what I did was just copy the files from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading

To
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cubic Castles
    Overwriting existing files

Not sure if it is the same for everyone, I think that fixed it for me.
  • Im gona say +1 this time, cause I have tons of bug on steam now that I have never had before
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited May 2018
    While I'm not having any major issues, I will admit I'm not a fan of having to go through Steam to play the game even though it was originally through Steam that I found the game. It's just annoying to have to log-in twice (once for Steam, and once for CC). Also, since the Steam community isn't really supported by the devs (ie, the forums aren't answered/updated, the hub info is outdated, etc), it is less than useful to the player to have to go through that additional layer. I can't even take pictures from the game to post to Steam using the F12 command. Seems like an unnecessary additional layer to have to play the game. I much preferred the direct download and being able to go automatically into the game. I might understand the Steam direction if the devs were actively supporting the CC Steam community (or at least had a mod for the Steam portion), but it just seems like an unnecessary additional step with no real benefits to the player.
  • It keeps saying "updating" when i click Start, then cliked it once again and it starts downloading, for some chances... When it finished downloading, That screen pops and say "Corrupted Files"

so yeh that makes me delete the game and redownload it.
    i also checked the file location but its empty...

welp.. its anoying to use steam.. take me 4-5 days to update steam cause my wifi its slow..some time the steam dont even usefull..its also make my pc stucking.pls back the Windows Version..

same. i have bad internet
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Eagence said:

• You cant use more then one instances of game like using a second account to carry your items when your inventory full or while you build something.
    You can run multiple instances of the game.
    Easy way to do this is make a desktop shortcut or pin to the taskbar.
  • Eagence said:

Im gona say +1 this time, cause I have tons of bug on steam now that I have never had before

Totally agree, also add these
    • You cant use more then one instances of game like using a second account to carry your items when your inventory full or while you build something.
    • You have to wait steam to upgrade each and everytime you open pc unless you set its settings not to.
    • You always have a admin eye on you watching you while you are playing, welcome to new brave world of nineteen eighty four, big kewberth supporting such surveillance but can't even fix a friend list bug yet...
    • Kewberth tells us that he transfer game to steam for updating it easy, but he not yet fixed the friendlist bugs. One wonder when they will be fixed since they come with steam update... Once can't even cancle his own requests, whats the next update removal of side ores?
    • Some even claim that it causes lag, and yes as it requires processing power of your PC it surely causes lag, and it even increases as your take video or make an update for steam...
    • From time to time steam update may not work, and you may need to wait that, and also now you have to use steam as 3th party program in your PC instead of directly opening the game easily... We increased the accesibility to game in huge amounts, I totally approve these kind of progress. I am sure cutting out standalone make us gain so much time and so many users, considering that all like to use steam up until now...
    • Besides that steam also have so many advantages to users like... like... like that chat future that you never used before... or those award system that you actually care... besides that there are also some steam systems that we not even yet realized how to use as developer. Or maybe we not prefer to use yet... But anyway hush Eagence you talk alot...
    • Also now instead of giving people options to use it or not, now you have to because why not, kewberth asked for so he shall get it.

welp.. its anoying to use steam.. take me 4-5 days to update steam cause my wifi its slow..some time the steam dont even usefull..its also make my pc stucking.pls back the Windows Version..

Ye also that additional load to pc and that web data that you download each time, it should be so good to download it each time both for game as well as steam especially if you have limited GB's to download, Bandwidth cap, throttling ect.
    Im with ya Eagence
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited May 2018
    Guys, guys...isn't it about time you learned how to use Steam? Are we a bunch of technologically-challenged grandmas? Steam has been around for a while, and it'll be used for a while yet. It really isn't that bad to have to switch. Personally, I never log off my computer, I just hit 'Switch User' and leave it like that. This way, Steam never closes. I don't have to wait. And you can always set it up to update while you're not on. But even if you have to wait for Steam to start up, why is that an issue? Patience is a virtue, it's not that bad to have to wait a couple minutes for Steam to startup. If you have corrupted file problems, contact someone who knows their stuff, such as Kew, through private messaging. We all know the removal of the Windows version was necessary, so leave it at that ^^

Guys, guys...isn't it about time you learned how to use Steam? Are we a bunch of technologically-challenged grandmas? Steam has been around for a while, and it'll be used for a while yet. It really isn't that bad to have to switch. Personally, I never log off my computer, I just hit 'Switch User' and leave it like that. This way, Steam never closes. I don't have to wait. And you can always set it up to update while you're not on. But even if you have to wait for Steam to start up, why is that an issue? Patience is a virtue, it's not that bad to have to wait a couple minutes for Steam to startup. If you have corrupted file problems, contact someone who knows their stuff, such as Kew, through private messaging. We all know the removal of the Windows version was necessary, so leave it at that ^^

We can’t all use steam, and there are a lot of problems that have been stated in various threads
  • Steam has no problems and this is coming from a windows xp user with 2GB RAM and 2.6 GHz
  • Steam has no problems and this is coming from a windows xp user with 2GB RAM and 2.6 GHz

You can’t say that, all platforms have problems, are you saying that when it’s your word against quite a few who have experienced problems, we are supposed to believe you? Sorry if I’m sounding rude, but the people who are having problems aren’t lying, there are some serious problems with steam

Steam has no problems and this is coming from a windows xp user with 2GB RAM and 2.6 GHz

You can’t say that, all platforms have problems, are you saying that when it’s your word against quite a few who have experienced problems, we are supposed to believe you? Sorry if I’m sounding rude, but the people who are having problems aren’t lying, there are some serious problems with steam
    It's more likely that these new steam users are not used to the in and outs of how to use steam. Rather than there being a problem with a platform that has been running since 2003.
  • gdog said:

Steam has no problems and this is coming from a windows xp user with 2GB RAM and 2.6 GHz

It's more likely that these new steam users are not used to the in and outs of how to use steam. Rather than there being a problem with a platform that has been running since 2003.
    You don’t get it do you? There ARE some legitimate problems that some players have talked about, and again, the gdog rude side shows itself when you basically say that these players don’t know what they are talking about :/

gdog said:

You don’t get it do you? There ARE some legitimate problems that some players have talked about, and again, the gdog rude side shows itself when you basically say that these players don’t know what they are talking about :/
    Wasn't rude at all. Not sure where you got that from.
    Anyone who uses new software is going to struggle at first.
    For instance I informed people how to run multiple instances of the game which some thought wasn't possible.
    You don't want people seeing what your doing then you can change that on your profile privacy settings.
    Verifying integrity of game files is a good fix for people who struggle with installing cc properly on steam.

All things a new user wouldn't just know.

Yes steam requires updates as do all services on the internet.

The friends list bug and other issues would be present in the standalone version too. In fact it was more prevalent on the mobile versions of the game. This isn't caused by steam.
  • but there were some that were LEGIT, plz stop trying to get around that fact

but there were some that were LEGIT, plz stop trying to get around that fact

Give me some examples.
  • gdog said:

Give me some examples.
    I don't have any specific ones on my mind at the moment, the point is that I remember that there were some that couldn't just be explained away, and you should treat peoples problems SERIOUSLY, without saying like "oh, thats because you are a noobie"..
    edited May 2018

gdog said:

Give me some examples.
    I don't have any specific ones on my mind at the moment, the point is that I remember that there were some that couldn't just be explained away, and you should treat peoples problems SERIOUSLY, without saying like "oh, thats because you are a noobie"..
    I do take peoples problems seriously.
    I have helped people troubleshoot steam issues.
    I in no way called anyone a noobie.
    Please don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.

You can't make the argument to bring back the standalone version, then when called what real issues there are and not be able to answer. That's my point.
    If people struggle with steam then let's get it out there so people who are experienced can help others.

The devs took a huge loss financially dropping the standalone version as steam gets 30% of all transactions on their store. They wouldn't do that if they were certain it was a move that would be beneficial to the many.
  •  SirGalaxon SirGalaxon Member
    edited May 2018
    gdog said:

gdog said:

Give me some examples.
    I do take peoples problems seriously.
    I have helped people troubleshoot steam issues.
    I in no way called anyone a noobie.
    Please don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.

You can't make the argument to bring back the standalone version, then when called what real issues there are and not be able to answer. That's my point.
    If people struggle with steam then let's get it out there so people who are experienced can help others.

The devs took a huge loss financially dropping the standalone version as steam gets 30% of all transactions on their store. They wouldn't do that if they were certain it was a move that would be beneficial to the many.
    My apologies, by newbie I meant you calling everyone new users, and for once, I have to apologize for getting into a discussion I don’t have too much knowledge about, my only concern is that you please stop putting peoples concerns on the back burner by saying “just do this” when it’s clearly a legitimate problem with steam, anyways, thank you :)
  • This happened to me also. I had no background windows running whatsoever. Grey told me that he simply restarts his PC. Although it's probably caused because of opening another app at the same time.
  • This happened to me also. I had no background windows running whatsoever. Grey told me that he simply restarts his PC. Although it's probably caused because of opening another app at the same time.

That seems to be a bug of some sort but it’ll be fixed soon and it’s an easy fix from your side too. You can close steam completely and open it back up again since when you exit steam, it tends to close all the running apps first.

Anyway, personally, I’ve never had issues with steam so I could be a bit biased about it. But that doesn’t change the fact that it may not be an issue with steam. Steam is constantly updated which makes it quite an amazing platform for gaming. If you have any issues with it, then just share the issues in the forums here and I’m sure someone will help you, including me. Rather than just arguing with others and taking sides with no valid or specific proof, try to fix the problems you have because like G said, devs certainly didn’t do this for no reason, I’m sure it was beneficial to them as well as the players.
  • Raizuseku said:

This happened to me also. I had no background windows running whatsoever. Grey told me that he simply restarts his PC. Although it's probably caused because of opening another app at the same time.

That seems to be a bug of some sort but it’ll be fixed soon and it’s an easy fix from your side too. You can close steam completely and open it back up again since when you exit steam, it tends to close all the running apps first.

Anyway, personally, I’ve never had issues with steam so I could be a bit biased about it. But that doesn’t change the fact that it may not be an issue with steam. Steam is constantly updated which makes it quite an amazing platform for gaming. If you have any issues with it, then just share the issues in the forums here and I’m sure someone will help you, including me. Rather than just arguing with others and taking sides with no valid or specific proof, try to fix the problems you have because like G said, devs certainly didn’t do this for no reason, I’m sure it was beneficial to them as well as the players.
    Plz read my latest comment and you’ll see I agree with you on that :)
  • was fixed a while ago and it happens again. lol, all files were delete. i was stuck on "fetching realm". yet i closed the game and steam, opened it again. and it pops again. ;-;
    Raizuseku said:

This happened to me also. I had no background windows running whatsoever. Grey told me that he simply restarts his PC. Although it's probably caused because of opening another app at the same time.

Yeh Im Hoping it will be fixed soon