My Questions, Thoughts, and Concerns. A new act to make Cubic Castles a better game?

Yep. You read the tittle. And I'm going voice so many opinions of mine. After a good player was scammed today, I went off. I am not here to report a scam....but to make a act. To make mods and admins ban scammers with enough proof.
D4nk, a good player and friend, help IceWolfKing. He didn't catch it on camera, but you can see what he stole. 2 vends and a Dork. Why are mods still letting scammer win? Here's a funny story.

Last week, I saw my scammer TWICE attempting to scam other players. There is a video with good proof that she scammed me. But why is she still aloud to play? Is it because you think punishment is cruel? It's not. I may get banned for the following, but I don't care. Here are my mod reviews.

Space_Fetus: A good, friendly mod who is focused on entertaining the community with wonderful events. Keep it up Space!
Ed: A mod who won't ban anyone. A player once scammed a mod, but Ed didn't ban him because he was "a friend."
gdog: A good mod. He sometimes can go crazy, but hey, aren't we all crazy? I know I can go crazy.
(Other mods): Great mods!

Here is what I think MANY players would like to see.
  • Less scammers
  • Their scammers banned
  • Mods who ENFORCE the rules of Cubic Castles
  • Less jerks
  • Less people who cuss
My questions:

Who does Space the only one doing events? I thought we would do some team work!
Why do I still see so many scammers, and scammers from my past?
What does the word "rules" mean to scammers?
Why don't mods punish scammers, cusses, and other rule breakers.

We should also be able to vote for who we want to be a moderator. Instead of saying "Hey, your hired with this much responsibility."

That is all I have to say. If I get banned, good luck my fellow friends.

Comments

• Yep. You read the tittle. And I'm going voice so many opinions of mine. After a good player was scammed today, I went off. I am not here to report a scam....but to make a act. To make mods and admins ban scammers with enough proof.
    D4nk, a good player and friend, help IceWolfKing. He didn't catch it on camera, but you can see what he stole. 2 vends and a Dork. Why are mods still letting scammer win? Here's a funny story.

Last week, I saw my scammer TWICE attempting to scam other players. There is a video with good proof that she scammed me. But why is she still aloud to play? Is it because you think punishment is cruel? It's not. I may get banned for the following, but I don't care. Here are my mod reviews.

Space_Fetus: A good, friendly mod who is focused on entertaining the community with wonderful events. Keep it up Space!
    Ed: A mod who won't ban anyone. A player once scammed a mod, but Ed didn't ban him because he was "a friend."
    gdog: A good mod. He sometimes can go crazy, but hey, aren't we all crazy? I know I can go crazy.
    (Other mods): Great mods!

Here is what I think MANY players would like to see.

• Less scammers
    • Their scammers banned
    • Mods who ENFORCE the rules of Cubic Castles
    • Less jerks
    • Less people who cuss
    My questions:

We should also be able to vote for who we want to be a moderator. Instead of saying "Hey, your hired with this much responsibility."

That is all I have to say. If I get banned, good luck my fellow friends.
    You can’t get banned, cause if you do get banned, the guys who banned you just broke the rules, and the community would rise against such an outrage, now, I don’t entirely agree with your mod reviews, I rank them differently, with ed at the top, gdog at the bottom, but that doesn’t matter, I agree with you 100% that we the community should be able to put some input into who becomes mod, obviously they would have to match the same guidelines that the current mods have had to meet, but we’d get to enter our input :)
  • Cafe De TernoCafe De Terno Member
    edited May 2018
    http://prntscr.com/jo9rjq so you are paying a scammer for scamm ? XDDD ( take it to funny way )
  • Sometimes it isn't the moderators fault that they aren't banned, instead it's the players. Not everyone believes you by just saying it. Sometimes you need proof. But meh
  • Sometimes it isn't the moderators fault that they aren't banned, instead it's the players. Not everyone believes you by just saying it. Sometimes you need proof. But meh

Of course, that’s also very true :)
  • just so you know; taking things in a room you have perm in isn’t illegal. So...
  • Kirodashi said:

just so you know; taking things in a room you have perm in isn’t illegal. So...

:O
    Kirodashi said:
    Very interesting, but makes some sense, however, aren’t the majority of scams like this?
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited May 2018
    Kirodashi said:

What do you mean?

This is what gdog said

gdog Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    April 12 96.45 KarmaFlag
    Kirodashi said:
    » show previous quotes
    If the item was implemented, it would be coded so that only owners could place/remove them. Sort of like how only owners can place Nukes- I don't think it would be hard to code something that blocked non-owners from placing or removing them.

EDIT: I just realized what you meant by that. So even if there was evidence, people stealing will not get punished? That's peculiar~
    It's not stealing if you give them permissions.
    I only very rarely warn people for taking items in a realm they have permissions in.
    Proof that they dont punish scammers.
  • DrakayDrakay Member
    I think that mods/admins should give the item back to player only if catches on camera because if I waste 100euros/dolars/pounds/money in 500k of cubits I buy a ramM and I got it scammed wut I just Waite 100 (money) on nothing :v
  • Sir. Epic said:

I think that mods/admins should give the item back to player only if catches on camera because if I waste 100euros/dolars/pounds/money in 500k of cubits I buy a ramM and I got it scammed wut I just Waite 100 (money) on nothing :v

I agree, but only to patrons.
  • Kirodashi said:

What do you mean?

This is what gdog said

gdog Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    April 12 96.45 KarmaFlag
    Kirodashi said:
    » show previous quotes
    If the item was implemented, it would be coded so that only owners could place/remove them. Sort of like how only owners can place Nukes- I don't think it would be hard to code something that blocked non-owners from placing or removing them.

EDIT: I just realized what you meant by that. So even if there was evidence, people stealing will not get punished? That's peculiar~
    It's not stealing if you give them permissions.
    I only very rarely warn people for taking items in a realm they have permissions in.
    Proof that they dont punish scammers.
    It’s not that they don’t punish scammers. It’s not the mods’ fault. It’s *not illegal* , so a mod literally can’t do it.
  • latecom once did a mystery box game I sent with ptoof but fr some reqson its "legal" I would say space and scorto on top space bcz he makes eventa and scorto bcz he doesnt ignore me xD then all mods at de bottoms :P
  • Sir. Epic said:

That is very wrong. I am not a patron so are you saying if I get scammed you don't want me to get (if there was a chance) my stuff back?

And I do agree and disagree with some points stated.

I agree that there could be more done on scam reports. That is why it is there. But because of the overflow and not much action done I just stopped reporting and just mind my own business most of the time.

I disagree on calling out mods. Mods, even us, have our faults. There is no scale. And no "best" or "worst" mod. They are all special in their own diffrent ways. (All except that most if not all can build like (are) pros)
  • Bluejay_1 said:

Sir. Epic said:

That is very wrong. I am not a patron so are you saying if I get scammed you don't want me to get (if there was a chance) my stuff back?

I agree that there could be more done on scam reports. That is why it is there. But because of the overflow and not much action done I just stopped reporting and just mind my own business most of the time.

I disagree on calling out mods. Mods, even us, have our faults. There is no scale. And no "best" or "worst" mod. They are all special in their own diffrent ways. (All except that most if not all can build like (are) pros)
    When talking about the mods, there are some who abuse their power, some that barely do anything, and some who reward their friends using their mod powers, some have serious faults, and I think they should be held accountable..
  • ValyreenaValyreena Member
    edited May 2018
    By teamwork u mean. We already have Discord for that. Got any issue or scam finds. Just go to the reporting section..
    And, i don't think it's a good idea to give mod Powers easily. AND. Voting? That is very cruel in my oppinion. this is a game. No one knows about our true identity irl. if they gaved out such abilities. Would u be responsible for the consiquences and lost and disfunctionals?
    And by your saying, " why don't the mods punish scammers and people that cuss" mods are doing their best to warn people. And they're banning those who do not listen. mods are not generaly available robots, Their humans who are protecting the game.. They can't always be active.. Also. If u lose an item. The devs have no responsibilities with that. It was you're item. You have the responsibility on keeping it safe. But u failed. clearly. Admins or mods cant do anything about it.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018

1, Space is employed by cosmic cow games as an official event staff.
    Mods are not employees and we don't create events. We moderate the community.
    2, Scammers are like a hydra you cut one head off 2 grow back in it's place. CC isn't the only place you get scammed. It's a part of human civilisation unfortunately. Anyone with an email account knows that. Price of Nigeria wants to gift you 3million usd etc.
    It dates back to the beginning of human existence.
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/media/Ancient-Dice-Just-Unearthed-Shows-Vikings-Cheated-1238094.php
    3, Dunno the same as most people interpret it I assume. They just look for ways skirt the or bend them.
    4, We do punish scammers, cusses multiple times a day. Just look in the community discord for all the reports that get solved daily. End of the day the devs don't want us perma banning scammers at the first sign of scamming. We mods don't make the rules we just police the community as the devs wishes.
    The best way to get rid of scamming is to raise awareness. Hence why I've made 3 how to not get scammed videos and we have pinned topics on the forums with info on how to play responsibly.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1149/awareness-vs-scams/p1

The best and only people to choose who police the game are the devs themselves. Voting and popularity contests are not needed. The devs know who would be a good mod and who wouldn't. They look at player closely before considering the position. They don't just draw names from a hat.

Leave out the mod reviews please. You have a complaint about a moderator contact support.
  • I feel like what I said may have come off as shading the mods and I want to say that that wasn't the point of my statement. My point was that it's not illegal to take things in a realm that you have permission in. Once someone has been given permission, as Gdog said, they then have permission to take things.

I'm merely explaining why people who steal don't get punished, I'm not saying that the mods are being lazy. Because they aren't- they work harder than any regular players. So they aren't always perfect but I feel like they do their job the best they can. Could we use a few more mods? Sure; but that doesn't mean that our current mods aren't already great.
  • Yeah what they said-
  • 1. Its impossible to catch all scammers, people can just easily accuse others
    2. Refer to question 1
    3. The rest of these are just impossible things mods and admins cant do anthing about
  • ANSWERS! =D

Space seemed to be the one with the most free time to build these events. Furthermore, not all mods wanted to take so much responsibilities. Team work? Don't forget these are official events, so it's up to devs to see.

There're new players everyday, so new scammers.. And some are punished but still, a scammer would be warned first maybe, and then return, as it happens to your eyes..

Do you think they would read the rules? Even normal players don't usually read them, at their own risks..

Mods punish rule breakers, but sometimes, they don't have enough evidences to stop them. However, they have lives and can't take care of all the reports at once!

Firts, mods are asked to become mod, not designe; they can deny the offer of course. Second, I can see hereblackmailing and alts vote for a certain user, so unfair. And finally, it's always up to devs anyway to take care of their game and see who could have such powers.
  • a person got banned fr doing a mystery box game but u didnt ummmm qht does dat mean that u didnt get banned but he did also de pic has all proof also mehawk told u its illegal u didnt listen on de discord server alot of ppl said it was illegal I only got scammed 100c and idc about em im just pissed off de mods didnt ban u while they banned another person for de same thing I always had respect fr dem untill this wht u got to say now @LateCom
  • This is not a scam reports thread ahmad ;-;
  • JadabugJadabug Member
    From what I've seen, people do get banned. They get chances to stop scamming and most of them do end up getting permabanned if they don't learn their lesson.
    I find that a lot of people do mix up stealing and scammer a lot.
    If you give someone perm in your realm and they take an item-- That's stealing. You knew the risk and gave permission. It's very rare that mods can do something about it.
    Just because you don't see someone permabanned does not mean they haven't been banned before. For days or weeks.
    Ahmad09 said:

a person got banned fr doing a mystery box game but u didnt ummmm qht does dat mean that u didnt get banned but he did also de pic has all proof also mehawk told u its illegal u didnt listen on de discord server alot of ppl said it was illegal I only got scammed 100c and idc about em im just pissed off de mods didnt ban u while they banned another person for de same thing I always had respect fr dem untill this wht u got to say now @LateCom

You shouldn't target someone in a thread that has nothing to do with the thread. You should be giving feedback instead.
  • LateCom said:

Scammers do get banned. They just don't get permaban.
    If one were to get a permaban, that would mean that they are a threat in the game.

About that Ahmad, there were people who played it and gained items that was worth more than what was paid, and those people saying that the signs that were put in the rentals were 'fake', well here I am, and I have one question: do you have proof that I placed the sign? Someone rented the area and a sign was placed, I don't bother, due to the fact that I just put items in the chect and that's it. So moral of story Ahmad, don't go accusing people of doing something that is not proven, or rather go frame someone for doing something that they didn't.
    Nevertheless, I still feel it childish about how you and sirgalaxon come out at me and bash me for the fact that I do such "scams" as per quoted by the two of you, even though you did not have enough evidence to support your claim. For the friend part , mad dog gamer, I don't see why or how ed is my friend, and I do know that you lot are spreading rumours about me.

Anyways back to the topic, scammers do etc banned if you have sufficient information, they do not practice biasness towards other players, to clear that off your assumptions.
    Mods are just righteous players who are there to moderate over players, and banning those rule-breakers, so don't go bashing them even though you and your lot don't even know a single thing in this game, let alone what lies beyond.

@Eagence you can preach these people about what mods do, and I think you are better at explaining than me, for you have taken down one in the past, so for the record please set these players straight.

Keep bashing me, people. I appreciate the attention given to me by you guys, so keep your childishness going as I sit on my couch to munch on my tasty popcorn.

this is also not a place to "defend" yourself, especially since we didn't mention you at all in this thread, pls post this on your activity wall plz, stop getting this thread off-topic
  • Jadabug said:

From what I've seen, people do get banned. They get chances to stop scamming and most of them do end up getting permabanned if they don't learn their lesson.
    I find that a lot of people do mix up stealing and scammer a lot.
    If you give someone perm in your realm and they take an item-- That's stealing. You knew the risk and gave permission. It's very rare that mods can do something about it.
    Just because you don't see someone permabanned does not mean they haven't been banned before. For days or weeks.

Ahmad09 said:

a person got banned fr doing a mystery box game but u didnt ummmm qht does dat mean that u didnt get banned but he did also de pic has all proof also mehawk told u its illegal u didnt listen on de discord server alot of ppl said it was illegal I only got scammed 100c and idc about em im just pissed off de mods didnt ban u while they banned another person for de same thing I always had respect fr dem untill this wht u got to say now @LateCom

You shouldn't target someone in a thread that has nothing to do with the thread. You should be giving feedback instead.
    latecom targeted him, he's just replying, pls get your facts straight
  • I didnt report a scam I just sent de pic I sent to de moderetation discord server and yeah late said as fr ahmad I think so I just replied
  • LateCom said:

hmm hmm hmm.. what do we have here... galaxon i see that you are still here.
    for the record, ahmad did target me first before i responded.
    in addition to that, he also indirectly affect mods and their reputation, demeaning their purpose of even being in the game.

Ahmad09 said:

latecom once did a mystery box game I sent with ptoof but fr some reqson its "legal" I would say space and scorto on top space bcz he makes eventa and scorto bcz he doesnt ignore me xD then all mods at de bottoms :P

as you can see ( if you are blind) what has ahmad said here? lets really get into this and what was meant by ahmad.
    just as gdog ahs said, mods are not at fault for these kind of things, its just that the reporters who report have insufficient evidence to support their claims.
    due to that, you people are blaming mods that its their fault for not banning the people?
    heck, if that was the case, why not i make various false reports about someone who didnt do anything wrong , and get them banned for no reason? doesnt sound logical right?
    Mods do have a brain. and they obviously have a more advanced way of thinking into things rather than kids who just play the game for leisure. Mods are 18+ for a reason, and this is due to the fact that people under 18 are still in a very fragile state and are unable to comprehend the situation and to tone it down in a ncie and orderly fashion.
    therefore, my point on this rant is to say that you shouldn't blame the mods, for they are doing their jobs.
    No, what you just stated above is true, I agree with that, but your using that to cover up what you originally stated, Ahmad never targeted you in this thread, you did
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    get this thread back on topic please.
  •  SirGalaxon SirGalaxon Member
    edited May 2018
    LateCom said:

hmm

then what did he post before i started posting this?
    he attacked me first, and who are you to moderate over me?

Who are you to moderate over him? And yes, let’s get this thread back on topic..
  • Bluejay_1 said:

Sir. Epic said:

Well, yes, but you didnt put money into the game.

get this thread back on topic please.

Thanks Space, like your reveiw? XD
This discussion has been closed.