Please fix the visual bugs and bugs in general

Realm’s name Co-Operative Parkour
Me and Pixel been building this parkour and honestly we cannot even finish the first level... we tried everything but when we trigger the switches nothing happens, some receviers work some dont, we added extenders and nothing worked.
Visual bugs are super annoying too, the outline blocks on my screen are closed but i can go through them easily, and the poison traps sometimes don’t work, i die after 1-2 sec after touching them. It is not my internet, everyone else is experiencing the same problem, please check out the realm.
Thanks! :)

Comments

• Pixel and me*

And ye, happens to me as well, posion spikes killed ppl without being activated, and some weren't killed when they were activated..
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    edited May 2018
    Please please please watch these videos! They show everything:

• lol the wireless update is sure a party.
  • lol the wireless update is sure a party.

Grey? Saw Ed's dance floor in his mall?
  • I did Joy and it was fantastic! I danced until my dogs were tired.
    Has a developer seen this yet? @SirKewberth @CosmicCow
  • Fix it please, it happen to me too will

@SirKewberth
    @CosmicCow
    @mabz
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If you want fixes you have to be more specific and give good ways to reproduce the bugs in isolated settings. Simply claiming something is not working on a big parkour with all kinds of switches interacting and lots of players interacting while building at the same time makes it nearly impossible to see what's going on and even determine if a bug actually exists. This is particularly true while building. Switches don't stay in sync when you're building. In the videos you're constangtly placing blocks flipping things, there are multiple players etc.. I can't even tell if something is going wrong. Switches are a bit more complicated to use. I suspect at least some of what is happening is confusion about how they work.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    In my Parkour Event one of our Parkours had a glass cage, for spudbugs, and on top of the glass was spikes. Players were walking freely across the spikes to cheat the Parkour--we had to remove them. The player doing this wasn't lagging. It's not just here either, it's the 3rd Parkour I've had events in which players are standing on spikes. Even I've walked across a spike before and not died, I wasn't lagging.

I believe it's when you walk on the edge of the spikes, but I'm not even 100% sure.
  • If you want fixes you have to be more specific and give good ways to reproduce the bugs in isolated settings. Simply claiming something is not working on a big parkour with all kinds of switches interacting and lots of players interacting while building at the same time makes it nearly impossible to see what's going on and even determine if a bug actually exists. This is particularly true while building. Switches don't stay in sync when you're building. In the videos you're constangtly placing blocks flipping things, there are multiple players etc.. I can't even tell if something is going wrong. Switches are a bit more complicated to use. I suspect at least some of what is happening is confusion about how they work.

Please please please watch these videos! They show everything:

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited June 2018
    I watched the videos and sorry but they are not really that clear. There's multiple people playing, lots of block building, mining, switches, things offscreen I can't see etc... If you want quick fixes to problems, then you need more precise specific reproducible examples of bugs. Again it may simply be some misunderstanding of how things work.

But, here's the good news.. I think I understand the problem with poison spikes. So the update coming through shortly will have a fix for why they don't always hit.

I watched the videos and sorry but they are not really that clear. There's multiple people playing, lots of block building, mining, switches, things offscreen I can't see etc... If you want quick fixes to problems, then you need more precise specific reproducible examples of bugs. Again it may simply be some misunderstanding of how things work.

But, here's the good news.. I think I understand the problem with poison spikes. So the update coming through shortly will have a fix for why they don't always hit.

All that has happened with the blocks with issues is some introduction of phantom foam, I'm not sure if that's the problem but the parkour worked fine for the first day or so and then it stopped. I'm not sure what else i can other, If you could, go and visit the realm yourself Co-Operative Parkour
    @SirKewberth
    edited June 2018
    are you both phantom foaming AND placing blocks that go on and off? It is possible these things don't work together. I know in some cases the code is designed to not trigger if things are foamed. Really I just need specific cases to fix... Something like...(hypothetical example)

1) place a switch
    2) foam it
    3) blue receivers stop working

Then I could try it and if it reproduces, say.. ok that's intended.. or if not fix it.

It's difficult to look at videos though where many things are happening and then go off and try to reproduce the scenarios. Sometimes you can spot things, but often it doesn't work because there's some unclear difference. For instance you wouldn't see if a block was foamed in a video necessarily. Likewise it's not really possible to do it on the live server because really we need to isolate the problem and then be able to go into the debugging tools etc.. It's not something we can do live because you can't stop the live server mid run.