What Defines An "Old Player"

I have a question for you all. I want to know your thoughts and opinions on what makes a person an old player. We are not talking about age of said person either hue hue :P. There is no right or wrong answer and whether a player is an old player or not has no overarching weight just to clarify.

To me it is a person who has been with the game the majority of it's life span starting after it's steam launch and has been overall consistent with logging on CC. By attendance for example not gone a year or more. I think having watched CC evolve and been here with a majority of the changes is important. There are many moments in CC history that new players will not get to have that are a etched in mark on CC's history. Like when slymes were first released and they were eggs, wow the pandemonium and chaos that blossomed. The forums before this were FLOODED with topics like "HELP MEH CAN"T GET IN REALM OVER RAN WITH SLYMES!". People running around being slaughtered left and right because we were all naive of what hell we were about to unleash. Remember when accello rings went BOOOOM, the rings that were really pricey because side ores were not present and gold was rare. *dabs eyes with tissue* The old days.

Comments

• MotivationMotivation Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm not that much of a veteran player, but I do know back in the old days, cash regs were the real deal. It costed 1,000c in the cubit store and was only accessible to wealthy players. Also, remember the time when the featured realms were still in the Town Center itself, and not the museum? Good times.
  • I'm a new player (New to my standerds). I started playing about a year ago, and have loved every moment. I'm level 37, so I've definitely played my part. I've never bought cubits either, so every one I have, I've made. I still can't believe how expensive recubes were, and now they come so easily. I have to thank so many people for how I've changed as a gamer. I feel like I've become more creative, and I still have so much to show.
  • Heh Motivation cash registers were a monumental hill to save up for back then for sure.

Berry we are so glad to have you, I know you have been an important part of the community and it is always nice to see you active on the forums.
  • When there was no confirmation window in reg people used to change items last second to scam.
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    edited May 2018
    When Cheese Hats were 25k each o.o
    And when your builds more appreciated, instead of how many cubits/items you have :P
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited May 2018

When Cheese Hats were 25k each o.o
    And when your builds more appreciated, instead of how many cubits/items you have :P

You know you're old when you bought a cheese hat for 20k FROM Superxtreme. ;-;'

BUT! Aside from that, in my opinion, Grey. Defining a seasoned player is someone who is experienced, knowledgable, and has credibility of speaking on the history of the game. Such as myself. I am over 3 years old now and I believe I know more about the history of the game than most new players will EVER know. I am not the only one who has stayed playing for so long, but there are fewer of us than any other groups in the game now. I started this game at age 13 and I turned 14 in my first month of playing. I am now 17, and have been online almost every day since February 22, 2015. I took a break on January 9, 2018 to develop a better relationship with a girl--off topic anyways. But my point is, I believe people who have those three things can be considered "old".
  • I defiantly would consider you an old player Liberated you been here for a long long long time and are more seasoned than marinated baby back ribs.
  • Old players are most likely close to the CC staffs.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited May 2018
    Old player is uh... a person who’ve played for a long time. ‘-‘
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I remember back when o&y scarves were 200k lol. and there was this player named ryangles who i traded 2k stone for a cat set. good ol days
  • Old players most probably quited
  • I remember the great O/Y scarf crash Miss. Few thought they were coming back so they were going for the astronomical price of 200k....then they RETURNED ahahaha. The devastation of many like Storm Andy :(.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    I remember when I was a newbie, Halo was like 10k. ;-;
  • Things were so cheap back then like dinos were 900c but even by march 2015 were not above 15k. We need a time machine to take present cubits and travel back in time to buy up everything.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member

Things were so cheap back then like dinos were 900c but even by march 2015 were not above 15k. We need a time machine to take present cubits and travel back in time to buy up everything.

I wish there were such things as time machines. :Q:
  • i miss the old time.. krampus was on xmas pack.. and its just cost 30k- ;-;
  • I miss the old time. When we were all broke and had no idea what we were doing and everyone wasnt focused on clothings, and cubits but making friends and building.
  • edited May 2018
    well im not known as an old player cause I never became known and kept changing accounts over the yrs and if u sont believw im an old player I have screenshots from q few yrs back :P and I never had forums so no one knew me even now know no one knows me xD I remember when clans were introduced I kept bugging clan owners to promote me and when lvls were introduced I was sucha low lvl high lvls didnt take to me lol I didnt even know who r de devs and dont know wth r mods I just used to ait in my old shop and wait fr ppl to come in the overworld or go look fr shops in the overworld
  • CD87CD87 Member
    What makes a player an old one? Two words: Game Experience. (I'm not stating character xp)

That includes total play time, amount of memories, your horned skill(s) in-game, your interaction with the community, etc.

Here are some old things that I remembered:
    +Regs were expensive
    +An event about building dungeon (The first event I participated - and won)
    +O & Y scarf 200k+, Roman helmet 10k+, Inv robe 1k, black wiz 800-1k,...
    +The ol' store interface
    +The old forum with reputation system
    +People complaining about pets being too expensive.

And those fun little parkour races hosted by Hinter back then.
  • I miss the old time. When we were all broke and had no idea what we were doing and everyone wasnt focused on clothings, and cubits but making friends and building.

Prime age right
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited May 2018
    Other stuff i remember: the random featured realm "mini-holla", the old forum's emoji (or emoticon, idk), and also, the terrible PAYAWAYS which were pretty common before and hopefully they are rare today
  • Who remembers the Starter realm used to be bigger than now Days . Slyme or ghost costumes used to be so cheap.Old lobbies? THOSE DAYS WERE GREAT :'D

Wish this wasn't just old time.
  • I would say an old player would be someone whos played for 3 years or more. Myself have only played 2 years :P
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

...a person who has been with the game the majority of it's life span starting after it's steam launch and has been overall consistent with logging on CC...

Why after Steam launch? The game has been around a long time before it hit steam...
    or are you defining the players whom have been consistently around prior to steam exceed the "old player" status.. like umm.. "ancient player"? lol.

But seriously, steam release was a mere alternative platform footnote (that didn't have a good start, unfortunately). It should not be considered "the" defining moment where such things are based.
    If i remember right, even the android platform release came before the steam release. If.. i remember right lol.. was a long while ago now.

But yes, my idea is also of an "old player", is one who has seen many stages of evolution of the game. Consistency is a plus, but i don't see it as a necessity.

I'v seen so much from this game, and it all has been so interesting to watch. Yet, the community in my opinion has been devolving, that part, and only that part has been so disappointing to witness.
    I And many others come from a time where we had a max of thirty or less players online during peak hour. Seen the introduction of so many features and content. Many of it so changing.

Stages of evolution.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Aah yes...when lobbies did not exist yet and the overworld had a far greater impact onyour gameplay.
  • scorto7 said:

Aah yes...when lobbies did not exist yet and the overworld had a far greater impact onyour gameplay.

True. Back when lobbies didn't exist yet, realm hopping was still a thing.
  • Senza FineSenza Fine Member
    edited May 2018
    I have played this game for about 2 years and kinda miss my newbie days in CC.
    I remember the first time i visited a popular realm and was amazed to see a dark stamp and autumn leaves XD .
    Now i know so many things about the game and never get amazed when i see cool realms, what a pity. But anyway i enjoyed (and still enjoy) this game and hope it won't die like club penguin did.
  • When Cheese Hats were 25k each o.o

I Missed that :/ now peeps always base a "Pro" By Their Super rares ;-; sorry bad grammar