Cubic Castles is out of date!

I can't update my cubic castles i don't know how to update it ,Somebody said that i can only update it in steam, I can't update in Non-Steam .

Comments

• Indeed, the non-steam version has been discontinued so you can only play via steam now. Download steam, create a new account and download Cubic Castles and start playing again. It’s all free. :P
  • Yup, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but cubic castles stand-alone has been officially retired, good news? It works on steam :)
  • Bad newwws ! :/
    But okay thanks
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited May 2018
    Where do I find and download CC on steam. We have installed steam but are unable to find CC and add the game.

Please hurry, my crops are about to die :(

EDIT: I found the game, now will it run thru steam? we will see.......
  • Intimate said:

Where do I find and download CC on steam. We have installed steam but are unable to find CC and add the game.

Please hurry, my crops are about to die :(

EDIT: I found the game, now will it run thru steam? we will see.......

type cubic castles trust me its there

• MarshkaMarshka Member
    This is a very very inconvenient change for me. I absolutely hate using steam as a platform and now it takes me so much longer to open the game, and when steam glitches and doesn't open, doesn't let me reinstall, doesn't let me do anything. It means I cant play at all. Very, very annoyed by this change...
  • Well,they did have a reason to do that. They said:
    ''We plan to discontinue the standalone Windows version of Cubic Castles. It will continue to be available from Steam of course. Frankly, the hacking and malware-false-positives problems make it a net negative for us.''
    If you didn't understand then it means that the game was a virus or something.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited May 2018

Well,they did have a reason to do that. They said:
    ''We plan to discontinue the standalone Windows version of Cubic Castles. It will continue to be available from Steam of course. Frankly, the hacking and malware-false-positives problems make it a net negative for us.''
    If you didn't understand then it means that the game was a virus or something.

Na, some antivirus softwares were finding a virus in this version, whereas there wasn't. So people were wondering if CC had a virus, and that was that "Net negative" point.
  • The admins DID say that though.
    If you don't believe me then go to this link:
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/20753/lots-of-cosmic-cow-news#latest
    welp