Realm Extender

Have you ever had this issue where you run out of room in a realm and wish that it was bigger? But now it's too late, as you have already built so much and worked so hard in this realm; you can't just ditch it and go buy a bigger one. So my idea is a realm extender. It's a block gadget you can buy from the store that only the realm owner can place. You set it down anywhere, and it has a menu you can bring up. When you bring it up, you can choose to expand your realm by a certain amount of blocks to the north, east, south or west. The max is still 100x100, you can't go any bigger. Once you have input your specifics, it will show a price like when you buy realms from the store, and you can purchase it. After you click "purchase", it kicks everyone out of the realm to extend the borders. When you reenter, you have more room! It would cost more than the normal cubit store price to expand: for example, if you had a 50x50 and you increased its size to 75x75, it would cost more than just buying a normal 75x75 realm. But that's a fair price to pay for something this useful. What do you guys think?

Comments

• +1 happened to mw a few times :Q:
  • QbirdQbird Member
    +1
  • YEEEEEEEEEEEESSS
  • What if you could also change a room to a realm? +1
  • edited May 2018
    Dude.. duuude..... DUUUUUUUUDE .... I NEED THAT ON MY LIFE...... I have to fix a lot of room erros... +1
  • +10

We also could have a room to realm converter, it should have a tax too, like the extender
  • Piratax10 said:

+10

We also could have a room to realm converter, it should have a tax too, like the extender

That would be great too.
  • Yes +1 happens to me sometimes
  • AroeAroe Member
    edited May 2018
    +1

I am currently experiencing the difficult feeling of regret for not buying a larger Realm that could fit the original model plan of my mansion, and thus turn to completely dismantling that idea and instead turn to building myself a small home.
  • edited May 2018
    I’m quoting sirkewberth from an announcement from a long time ago

Just a heads up to let people know that the realm/room price will be going up soon.

They're a little under-priced right now when you consider the extra strain on our databases etc.. There are currently over 1.25 million realms in the game, and it all adds up

So if there were that many realms like a year or so ago imagine how many there are now

Adding this wouldent make sense from a dev perspective as they most likely wouldent have enough space

So for now -1

Unless I’m completely wrong and they have a bunch more space now
  • MeHawkMeHawk Member
    +9999999999999999999999
  • actually 1+ but too laggy, might Crashed Several times for Android users
  • R O G E R said:

actually 1+ but too laggy, might Crashed Several times for Android users

yeah tho, #RIPMobilePlayer xd

anyway, +1 it would be realllly helpful
  • +1 but how will it work? there should be a way to still expand it. But to pay fairly for how much it would have costed. but it is a good idea. I see many peoples agreeing to this
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Add a room remover for free then add this? Currently people just put them in free builds.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    One of the reasons as to why i always build in 100x100.

It has been suggested many times over the years, and it needs to be implemented one day.

They need to do an update where they implement these features:
    -Room/Realm resizing (upsizing and downsizing)
    -Room to realm / realm to room, transforming.
    -Doorway repacking.
    -Room/realm repacking.
    -Room/realm deletion.
  • @BJDware agreed.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    BJDware said:

One of the reasons as to why i always build in 100x100.

It has been suggested many times over the years, and it needs to be implemented one day.

They need to do an update where they implement these features:
    -Room/Realm resizing (upsizing and downsizing)
    -Room to realm / realm to room, transforming.
    -Doorway repacking.
    -Room/realm repacking.
    -Room/realm deletion.

Yay bjdware also posted something, ussually always what bjd says gets added so lets have the good hopes :D
  • What corner of the room/realm would it extend and by how much needs to be an option
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited May 2018

What corner of the room/realm would it extend and by how much needs to be an option

Notice how I said in my discussion you could extend it by North, East, South, or West. That's how you'd decide which side ^^
  • R O G E R said:

actually 1+ but too laggy, might Crashed Several times for Android

BREAKING NEWS, theres gonna shut down cubic castles for mobile users! Cause of the immense amount of lag and complaints!

I love the idea. Too +1

• Yeah, I agree on this one, +1.
  • So much love and positive thinking in this thread *cry*. We need power! WE NEED POWAH!
  • +1. I need the extra space. XD
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Would love to see this happen +1
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It would be a nice option to have, but it's quite difficult to actually do. I'm not against adding it it in the future, but it's not an easy one to just toss in.
  • It would be a nice option to have, but it's quite difficult to actually do. I'm not against adding it it in the future, but it's not an easy one to just toss in.

I understand, and appreciate you considering it ^^
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018

It would be a nice option to have, but it's quite difficult to actually do. I'm not against adding it it in the future, but it's not an easy one to just toss in.

Rooms, realms and doorways have always been a disorganized mechanic.
    Too many unrecycled doorways, rooms, and realms litter the Cubicverse. Not to mention the sacrificed builds.
    Just the OP's suggestion alone (along with downsizing) would be effective.

I Can easily imagine the difficulty of adding such a feature. But i'm sure it would be highly valued amongst the players and i would even go as far as saying that it would positively improve the outlook of the game that bit more.
    Offering players to adjust and modify their personal sandbox environment dimensions, instead of just complete replacement.. definitely has to be a win.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited May 2018
    BJDware said:

Rooms, realms and doorways have always been a disorganized mechanic.
    Too many unrecycled doorways, rooms, and realms litter the Cubicverse. Not to mention the sacrificed builds.
    Just the OP's suggestion alone (along with downsizing) would be effective.

I Can easily imagine the difficulty of adding such a feature. But i'm sure it would be highly valued amongst the players and i would even go as far as saying that it would positively improve the outlook of the game that bit more.
    Offering players to adjust and modify their personal sandbox environment dimensions, instead of just complete replacement.. definitely has to be a win.
    You know what would be even better? A way to trash rooms and realms. Obviously only the owner could do this, but I have had the issue for a while of having too many little rooms that I don't need and nowhere to place the doors but in another room.