SUGGESTION: Ability to ban people when they are not currently in your realm, and IP ban people.

KirodashiKirodashi Member
edited May 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
It's really annoying when you are trying to ban someone and they can just leave to escape the ban. In this case, there's a cheater at my giveaway who is taking legitimate participants' prizes. I'd like to ban him but he always logs out before I can ban him.

I suggest in the ban window, you should be able to type a username and ban that player.

EDIT: New Suggestion; IP banning people. Do you ever ban someone but they come back on an alt account? Are you bothered by it? Me too! So if you ban someone from your realm, there should be an option to IP ban them so they can't make alts to come back.

Comments

• Yesss definitely, this happens with me and fake bidders at auctions. +100
  • +1! and you should be able to see your visitor history is they didnt hit the guest bumper.
  • +1 man
  • *Narla**Narla* Member
    +1
  • YES PLUS ONE!
  • YES PLUS ONE!

If the king desires it... +1!
  • My sis needs to be taught a lesson every now and then. +1
  • My sis needs to be taught a lesson every now and then. +1

This would also be useful for those who aren't wearing pink in my realms on Wednesday >:D

/s
  • Kirodashi said:

My sis needs to be taught a lesson every now and then. +1

This would also be useful for those who aren't wearing pink in my realms on Wednesday >:D

/s
    Oh my gosh yes!
  • Marlboro ManMarlboro Man Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes Pre-Ban em. But it would be helpful to Ip ban them or just ban the account. But if I remeber correctly. CC is moving away from updateing things like that. I think they are just adding bumpers and stuff like that.
  • just gonna tag:
    @CosmicCow
    @SirKewberth
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited May 2018
    I'd like the ability to ban as well as add to a trusted list without them being in the realm. Every other game I've played that has banning or trusting has allowed this. It's very handy if you are trying to pre-emptively ban a known rogue player, or if you have a friend that isn't always on at the same time as you, but you want to be able to trust them for a specific realm build.
  • +1
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    +1
  • +1 :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1
  • BUMP.
  • QbirdQbird Member
    +1 Out realm banning
    (maybe also a little box in front of every of our realms to tick, to choose wich ones the people will be banned from?)
    -1 for IP banning. Same IP doesn't mean same person.
  • Qbird said:

+1 Out realm banning
    (maybe also a little box in front of every of our realms to tick, to choose wich ones the people will be banned from?)

I absolutely agree, I have a bro and of course, same ip
  • KirodashiKirodashi Member
    edited May 2018
    Qbird said:

+1 Out realm banning

Okay well at the very least I'd like to know who is on the same IP.

Bans and mutes work by IP, so I think we should be able to IP ban too. Either way I'd still want to know who could possibly be an alt, maybe only if you banned someone and another account on the same address comes in.
  • Kirodashi said:

Qbird said:

+1 Out realm banning

Bans and mutes work by IP, so I think we should be able to IP ban too. Either way I'd still want to know who could possibly be an alt.
    nah, thats quite infringing on player rights
  • Kirodashi said:

Qbird said:

+1 Out realm banning

Bans and mutes work by IP, so I think we should be able to IP ban too. Either way I'd still want to know who could possibly be an alt.
    Well I suppose there's no solution then.. thanks for the input xox

Either way it's annoying to ban someone and then, they can just come back on an alt. I've had this happen a lot and I hate it.
  • Hii Diego, your idea is good but if it like at bomb game what happens if someone have name like with L or i and capitalized the i and other user is that. You banning wrong player then, then the person you try ban just come back and your title need say ip ban from realms haha xd tchau
  • ip banning is out of the question, if it was implemented the greedy cheaters would always find a way around the feature, and you would be punishing innocent players
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Hii Diego, your idea is good but if it like at bomb game what happens if someone have name like with L or i and capitalized the i and other user is that. You banning wrong player then, then the person you try ban just come back and your title need say ip ban from realms haha xd tchau

Ip banning will never happen, its a infrigment in de privacy rule that aply to every game
  • Gud idea +1
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

Qbird said:

+1 Out realm banning

Either way it's annoying to ban someone and then, they can just come back on an alt. I've had this happen a lot and I hate it.
    If the player admits being someone else, you could screenshot and report that for harassment
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    +1
    very useful
  • Qbird said:

Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

Qbird said:

+1 Out realm banning

If the player admits being someone else, you could screenshot and report that for harassment
    That usually never happens... they just do the same bad behavior.