New Person In Charge Of Recipe Center

I think that an active mod who is willing to take on the task should be assigned with maintaining the recipe center. There are still missing recipes and incorrect ones. Not everyone knows that there is a website especially those are who new. It is frustrating to have something that is supposed to be the builders reference bible incomplete.

Comments

• Yes +1
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited May 2018
    +1, also, i remember some items were missing, idk if they did fix tho...
  • Yes, this would be very useful..
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I'm game
  • I hate to be mean, but I TOTALLY agree with this. Sometimes, I never have time to look up recipes, or when looking for good materials to use (as if backsplash shopping), I go there. The master, Gdog, should be given the role, unless someone else is willing.
  • I hate to be mean, but I TOTALLY agree with this. Sometimes, I never have time to look up recipes, or when looking for good materials to use (as if backsplash shopping), I go there. The master, Gdog, should be given the role, unless someone else is willing.

Yes, gdog seems like the type of person perfect for such a role, and if he gets too busy doing the job, the other mods can cover for his mod duties :)
  • +1 This is something I would love to do, but I suppose the position would only be given to a moderator. Sad life.
  • GDOG said he is game! I put my vote in for Gdog :)! Gdog is a very active player and his dedication to the game has never wavered!

• JackFury said:

+1 This is something I would love to do, but I suppose the position would only be given to a moderator. Sad life.

No, if your a trusted person in the community, maybe they’ll allow to have the job! After all, it’s not to mod, just to keep the place and recipes up to date, and there’s nothing that’s worth stealing
  • Gdog gdog gdog
  • Gdog gdog gdog

We need to give other peeps a chance, I think if kew and cos create new jobs, the cc community can be better served, of course, for the new job, you’d have to go through a selection process, whadda you guys think?
  • The issue is the recipe center has portal doors, bedrock and the token box. I can say a general consensus with mods that I have gathered from speaking to them is that they would like an increased field of purpose. In short we have a fabulous mod, already trusted, no need to screen right in front of us who volunteers as tribute!
  • The issue is the recipe center has portal doors, bedrock and the token box. I can say a general consensus with mods that I have gathered from speaking to them is that they would like an increased field of purpose. In short we have a fabulous mod, already trusted, no need to screen right in front of us who volunteers as tribute!

No, everyone complains that the mods don’t do their job good enough, now I certainly don’t agree with that, but from what I’ve seen, they are very busy and say so themselves, so no, I think we can involve more members from the community and I think we should :)

No, everyone complains that the mods don’t do their job good enough, now I certainly don’t agree with that, but from what I’ve seen, they are very busy and say so themselves, so no, I think we can involve more members from the community and I think we should :)
    Yes. It would be nice to have jobs branch out to players who have proven themselves trustworthy. And Grey, you were talking about the items a player could steal from the Learning Center, but what happens if they do? They would be found out very quickly, and not only would the items be taken out of their inventory, they would be stripped of their rank and probably banned for a bit. I am definitely not against G doing something like this, but like Galaxon said, do all the jobs have to belong to moderators? It would be nice to include the community more in stuff like this c:
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018
    What you think @SirKewberth ?
    I could keep it up to date.
  • JackFury said:

The issue is the recipe center has portal doors, bedrock and the token box. I can say a general consensus with mods that I have gathered from speaking to them is that they would like an increased field of purpose. In short we have a fabulous mod, already trusted, no need to screen right in front of us who volunteers as tribute!

Yes. It would be nice to have jobs branch out to players who have proven themselves trustworthy. And Grey, you were talking about the items a player could steal from the Learning Center, but what happens if they do? They would be found out very quickly, and not only would the items be taken out of their inventory, they would be stripped of their rank and probably banned for a bit. I am definitely not against G doing something like this, but like Galaxon said, do all the jobs have to belong to moderators? It would be nice to include the community more in stuff like this c:
    Well said jack, plus, the token box isn’t stealable really, it’s a special item with its own code, etc, so, that much can’t really be stolen, and perhaps @SirKewberth and @CosmicCow could give their opinions?
  • JackFury said:

The issue is the recipe center has portal doors, bedrock and the token box. I can say a general consensus with mods that I have gathered from speaking to them is that they would like an increased field of purpose. In short we have a fabulous mod, already trusted, no need to screen right in front of us who volunteers as tribute!

I have always wanted to do something like this. If you do get the job, remember Fury, I'm always available for help.
  • JackFury said:

I have always wanted to do something like this. If you do get the job, remember Fury, I'm always available for help.
    See? This is an opportunity for good changes, now people will have people other then mods to look up to
  • JackFury said:

See? This is an opportunity for good changes, now people will have people other then mods to look up to
    I look up to loads of people. Moderators are kinda just part of them. But yeah, I agree with you.
  • Hamza14Hamza14 Member

I think that an active mod who is willing to take on the task should be assigned with maintaining the recipe center. There are still missing recipes and incorrect ones. Not everyone knows that there is a website especially those are who new. It is frustrating to have something that is supposed to be the builders reference bible incomplete.

Reference bible xD
    I give my vote for this, they are many recipes missing and some recipes are there but the item displayed isn't.

Also, i would totally recommend and vote for Gdog, since he's dedication to the game has reached it maximum point.

+1 for the suggestion
    +1 for gdog
    #GdogforPresident
  • Hamza14 said:

Reference bible xD
    I give my vote for this, they are many recipes missing and some recipes are there but the item displayed isn't.

Also, i would totally recommend and vote for Gdog, since he's dedication to the game has reached it maximum point.

+1 for the suggestion
    +1 for gdog
    #GdogforPresident
    Gdog has a lot on his plate, we need new opportunities!!!
  • Yeah, this would be a good addition as most people seem to use the learning center for crafting guides. I’m not exactly sure if the website one is constantly updated or not (I would assume it is) but if not, that should be worked on as well.
  • +1 yeah, and i actully think Gdog fits the role. He likes to make recipe realms. There are also sevral peoples who think he deserves it so for me, i think he could do the job perfectly
  • Yeah Gdog.
    Go Big Boss :D
  • ValleyValley Member
    +1
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    +1 Gdog would be a good person to be in charge of that. :P
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited May 2018
    I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)
  • I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

Gdog already has responsibilities, and this is adding more power to what he already can do, I think it’s time to consider what we have suggested: open the job to people other then mods so that the mods can do their thing, and the person who gets to monitor the recipes does his, this way we can open up new opportunities!!! :D
  • I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

Can you also make the anvil craftable, if possible?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I'd be happy to give gdog perms if he wants to do it. I will also point out, with regards to new players etc.. that the plan is to change the anvil to have basic recipes in it already so it will be more new-player friendly. (no plans to change workbench though)

Gdog already has responsibilities, and this is adding more power to what he already can do, I think it’s time to consider what we have suggested: open the job to people other then mods so that the mods can do their thing, and the person who gets to monitor the recipes does his, this way we can open up new opportunities!!! :D
    Just no, i am for sure you just want the job yourself, but the problem is with giving a non-mod give the job is that you dont know for sure if that person is even trustable, sure there are a lot of people that are trustable but there are also a lot of people that look trustable but if they get the chance just scam the person

I agree with gdog being the one to edit it
This discussion has been closed.