Clans NEED an update!

It’s not just me who thinks we need an update on our clans!

These are just some of the comments on Ed’s clan overhaul and from the activity wall.
If you want to check out Ed’s Clan Overhaul suggestions here is the link http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/20499/clan-overhaul-suggestion#latest

Comments

• #UpdateTheClans
  • Ikr
    Make clans more usable !
    #weneedtobuildawall
    +1
  • #UpdateTheClans
  • +1
  • #UpdateTheClans
    +1
  • Agree
  • I'm sure they are already trying to improve it. I would love to see improvements in clans so +1
  • I agree but we need to start throwing out ideas and not just agree that something needs to happen.
  • ValleyValley Member

I agree but we need to start throwing out ideas and not just agree that something needs to happen.

There have been ideas that’s why I didn’t make this as a clan suggestion thread because I would be repeating them. At the bottom there is a link to Ed’s suggestions and I also left a picture of Mr.Gracius’s thoughts.
  • -Diwgo--Diwgo- Member
    CLAN WARS!
  • #UpdateTheClans
  • +1
  • I agree update the clan!
  • Add my clan post to the screenshots :P
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited May 2018
    +1
  • StevilStevil Member
    +1
  • update the clan +1 @CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  • I would also like clans to get a update to give them more purpose
  • What if clans could make those little footprints? That would be cool!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Honestly Clans do need updating. I do not mean to hate on the Devs, but it's shocking how much they've ignored Clans. Clans are more important than farming, switches, events etc. Clans help us as a community make friends, I made some of my closest friends through Clans I was in... Some of my best experiences on this game have been while in a Clan.

What is so good about a Clan on CC? Nothing, you just get a Tag above your head. Clans themselves have no purpose... Pretty much worthless as it stands. For the few successful Clans, they have zero control over their Clan... Can't edit ranks permissions it's all restricted, can't do Clan buildings without being rude to your friends by banning them or boxing them because there's no option for Clan Only. Having to use passwords, hoping no one gueses it or an ex-member gives the pass away. 5 ranks, I think, one is for leaders, 4 ranks isn't enough for running a Clan imo.

As suggested before, Holla Chat, I think we should have: Global, Hollas, Clan Chats. Clan Broadcasting and Warping costing XP is just plain stupid. So if I wanna communicate to my Clan I must make sure I've got XP or pay for it...

Clans should have a lot of work done to them. Maybe then we'll see more successful clans, more friendships being made, more of a friendly environment where people in a clan work together...

@CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  • Honestly Clans do need updating. I do not mean to hate on the Devs, but it's shocking how much they've ignored Clans. Clans are more important than farming, switches, events etc. Clans help us as a community make friends, I made some of my closest friends through Clans I was in... Some of my best experiences on this game have been while in a Clan.

What is so good about a Clan on CC? Nothing, you just get a Tag above your head. Clans themselves have no purpose... Pretty much worthless as it stands. For the few successful Clans, they have zero control over their Clan... Can't edit ranks permissions it's all restricted, can't do Clan buildings without being rude to your friends by banning them or boxing them because there's no option for Clan Only. Having to use passwords, hoping no one gueses it or an ex-member gives the pass away. 5 ranks, I think, one is for leaders, 4 ranks isn't enough for running a Clan imo.

As suggested before, Holla Chat, I think we should have: Global, Hollas, Clan Chats. Clan Broadcasting and Warping costing XP is just plain stupid. So if I wanna communicate to my Clan I must make sure I've got XP or pay for it...

Clans should have a lot of work done to them. Maybe then we'll see more successful clans, more friendships being made, more of a friendly environment where people in a clan work together...

@CosmicCow @SirKewberth

I give an A+ for your persuasive essay
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Go on then, someones got to make the other side of the argument.

I think a lot of you are missing the points of clans tbh.
    I've been in many clans over multiple games.
    CC has some nice features compared to others.
    Clans are what you make of them.
    Its about making friends and doing stuff together as a clan.
    Not about some arbitrary virtual reward.

Look at nolanas old harry potter clan. The stuff she did with that was incredible.
    Same goes for many other clans. That one just stood out to me.
    You just need an organised and passionate leader who is invested in it and a few trustworthy co-leaders.

Don't get me wrong i'm all for improving clans, but people stopping building clan realms or just up and not bothering with clans seem to me to be missing the point of what a clan is.
    People saying there is no benefit to clans/saying they are worthless and then in the next sentence saying they met some of their closest friends and had the best experiences while in clans doesn't make sense to me.
    That seems like a pretty big benefit to me.
  • *tries to figure out how to use Gdogs comment against Ed combined with a one way plane ticket to a guilt trip to make him active again in Voxenvale* :O:! @ED
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    It's true that with some dedication and help a lot can be done with one's clan. However it's really frustrating seeing that the clan feature has been neglected for so long. The way I see it is that there are very few people willing to dedicate time building a community, if any at all, and that is because it's very hard to manage a clan with the current in game core features of it. I personally have given up because I burnt myself out trying to manage too much at once so I decided it's time for a break. I mentioned that I will wait for a clan update before I'd be active again because I would love to see some new core features for the clans first, to make it easier for me and my friends to manage the clan members and have them aware of events and updates without the need of Discord or Forum.
  • Ed said:

It's true that with some dedication and help a lot can be done with one's clan. However it's really frustrating seeing that the clan feature has been neglected for so long. The way I see it is that there are very few people willing to dedicate time building a community, if any at all, and that is because it's very hard to manage a clan with the current in game core features of it. I personally have given up because I burnt myself out trying to manage too much at once so I decided it's time for a break. I mentioned that I will wait for a clan update before I'd be active again because I would love to see some new core features for the clans first, to make it easier for me and my friends to manage the clan members and have them aware of events and updates without the need of Discord or Forum.

Honestly Clans do need updating. I do not mean to hate on the Devs, but it's shocking how much they've ignored Clans. Clans are more important than farming, switches, events etc. Clans help us as a community make friends, I made some of my closest friends through Clans I was in... Some of my best experiences on this game have been while in a Clan.

@CosmicCow @SirKewberth

100% Agree! #DontNeglectTheClans!

• Ed said:

I can completely agree with you. Some people like You and e.g. Assasinations really stood up to clan building and caring about the clan in general. Sadly, there aren't a lot of people like you guys. Honestly, I admire both of you. I always think how many hours, days, weeks have been spent on building your clans. I think of how many hundreds of blocks have been placed/broken. Good job you have done so far, keep on going!(after the clan update of course)
  • Good words we have all spoken xD