A Major Issue in the Community

Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
edited May 2018 in General Chat
I have been noticing all this game is, is hardcore vending. No one ever builds amazing things anymore. There is scammer, beggers, and dumbies.
The community is becoming toxic of these kids who think they are "cool" because they have cubits. Now, the only wat to get around is if you have bought cubits. (In which I have)
Only if there were people out there who helped people. Like when I started the game, a player name MooMooMoo helped me with some cubits and an outfit. Now NO ONE ever does that.
People who have all these vends and just want to be known by the community by being, "The richest person" are just dumb. Soon enough it will come around to them.
Yet, we have all these new player who know NOTHING about the game and they try to start but no one helps. So, they quit. Maybe if we had more helpful people out in the community, we could gain more players.

Comments

• @Kiel@Kiel Member
    Yeah, i wish helpers did not quit and scammers are banned
    When i had a 1st account it was october 16 2017 when i joined the game I saw this Qbee named Slayer 22 helped me at all things but theyre gone :Q;
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    You’re looking at this from only the perspective of hollas. Why do a holla unless you’re gonna get repaid for it? that’s why so many people are doing for vending shops. Now for the toxicity of the community has always been around the reason why it’s seems to be more of an issue is because of a larger community which has more players than before. Which unfortunately has more toxic players that seap into the masses.
    As for builds, they’re are tons of people out there building and more being added to that number just about every day. Just it’s hard to get those builds noticed by the community. Imagine a sea of builds and every extraordinary build is a fish. The bigger the sea, the harder to find the fish. There’s never been a shortage of great builds and with an ever expanding community there’s never gonna be a shortage of people building.
    As for people helping others, back in the earlier days there wasn’t as much people to help so it was a feasible task. Now with A LOT more people the numbers of those to help has become more obscene and more daunting. Which discourages those who want to help.
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited May 2018
    Kokopelli said:

You’re looking at this from only the perspective of hollas. Why do a holla unless you’re gonna get repaid for it? that’s why so many people are doing for vending shops. Now for the toxicity of the community has always been around the reason why it’s seems to be more of an issue is because of a larger community which has more players than before. Which unfortunately has more toxic players that seap into the masses.
    As for builds, they’re are tons of people out there building and more being added to that number just about every day. Just it’s hard to get those builds noticed by the community. Imagine a sea of builds and every extraordinary build is a fish. The bigger the sea, the harder to find the fish. There’s never been a shortage of great builds and with an ever expanding community there’s never gonna be a shortage of people building.
    As for people helping others, back in the earlier days there wasn’t as much people to help so it was a feasible task. Now with A LOT more people the numbers of those to help has become more obscene and more daunting. Which discourages those who want to help.

I agree with Kokopelli especially the more players building topic. There’s basically different groups of players in the community which are the players who are interested on builds, the players who wants to make cubits, the players who likes events, the players who likes mining, the players who likes helping other players, the players who are just ‘meh’ on everything in game, there’s more that you can think of. They all have different interests, that’s why most players don’t know who are actually building a cool project and the builds just don’t get noticed you and the players.

Maybe some players would like to look at other players’ creation and maybe the players who have built a cool build would do a hollawarp for their creation which happens rarely. Other players just wants to show people their creation but doesn’t have enough cubits to buy hollawarp or doesn’t want to waste their cubits on hollawarp and not familiar of the official forums website. Maybe we could ask those players to join forums to share their creations?

EDIT: Just want to add something in as well. In lobbies or realms you see players advertising their shop or advertising what they are selling but there’s no players advertising their build like if someone would do that they would get less than 10 players to have them see their creation. This is why forums could be the solution on how people could share their creations and even get opinions on the the creation.
  • The problem with helping for me now, is that every single player I have ever tried to help "start" the game has either been an alt or older player lying about being new. People act innocent and stupid for gain from helpful players. Give them a few hats, a couple hundred glass, a register. Maybe even 100c to start. They just had a day without any work and they basically just scammed you. I am sick of helping "new" people. If you're really new, figure it out by yourself. All the people who figure it out themselves always become the big dogs in the game because they never give up. I was a clueless player until @Superxtreme helped me quite a bit. That was around 3 years ago. But before Super, I was pursuing the game without friends or any help because I wasn't going to give up because I didnt have someone handing me items and advice all day. Helping people usually makes them dependent upon help.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember

I have been noticing all this game is, is hardcore vending. No one ever builds amazing things anymore. There is scammer, beggers, and dumbies.
    The community is becoming toxic of these kids who think they are "cool" because they have cubits. Now, the only wat to get around is if you have bought cubits. (In which I have)
    Only if there were people out there who helped people. Like when I started the game, a player name MooMooMoo helped me with some cubits and an outfit. Now NO ONE ever does that.
    People who have all these vends and just want to be known by the community by being, "The richest person" are just dumb. Soon enough it will come around to them.
    Yet, we have all these new player who know NOTHING about the game and they try to start but no one helps. So, they quit. Maybe if we had more helpful people out in the community, we could gain more players.

There are a lot of people that continue to help, don’t refer to the community as a whole. A clear example being the Helping Hands clan.
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited May 2018
    The community is not toxic!

If the community was actually what you say to be "toxic", that would include every player scamming, every player cursing, every player doing bad things.

But it is not that way!

New players join all the time, scammers are being reported and banned and players help out all the time.

Sure, there are some mean and rude players that just wanna be rich. But does rich = rude? No. Having alot of money or being poor doesn't effect your personality, only what you can do in the game.

I don't see what you mean Roque Thing - There are planty of amazing builds out there, and counting! Think of space fetus!

We can do our best to HELP the community by actually NOT COMPLAINING and helping new players. Don't just sit down and complain the games needs to be fixed. Help fix it!
  • I wish Cc mods did something about scammers. The community is very toxic. Tons of these 9 year-olds think they are bigger and better than us older one cause they have more rares and cubits and are giving us a hard time to "live" in cc. Tons of shops are failing. I made my shop smaller, added rentals, added a dinning room, and am adding a fountain/statue thingy. And Tumbleweed, we can fix it entirely, game mods need to put there part into it too. Gdog has tried, and he cant do it alone. I see people get scammed everyday by the same players.
  • LateCom said:

ahem ahem ahem haha
    nice idea tho
    lets make an event that will allow people to build the best build and parkour or something @space_fetus
    make something that promotes not only selling/buying but building aswell :D
    maybe prize will not be wearable or cubit but rather buildables for new unconventional ideas and forms of buildings,

promote people with awesome builds with prizes too maybe so that will motivate cc to be more of a sandbox game rather than a b/s game (buy sell game)

Maybe next year the Gaming Olympics can have a building contest!
  • It's not the scammer's fault for scamming. It's the player's fault for falling for the scam. It's impossible to be scammed if you don't fall for it.
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    Eh, the community is much worse than it used to be I’ll give you that, however you are thinking a little too cynically.
  • What I could possibly write has already been written but I like to reiterate- What this game is to you is what you make it. Surround yourself with good people and ask where the good builds are. A good place is the forums :)!

As a builder I can tell you that there is more building activity now than there ever has been. When I first started CC it was in the early days and the amount of builds available to view were sparse, especially with there not being a lobby. The amount of building done today compared to back then has multiplied ten fold. Not only is there now a healthy roster of big time builders (people who dedicate almost all their time to building) but the community as a whole is a lot more active in dabbling with builds. More often than not when I tp to a friend they are building something.
  • ok well not dissing you but its a community ok in real life youll be faced with challenge's of such as well stealers scammers all the same and I never had a lot of help when I started tbh sometimes I think maybe c isn't much the issue its the people who don't take in the account that people spend money on the game and play 24/7 why give away your stuff when you work hard for it not saying don't help someone but you cant target people and say its bad if you don't but you could show them around I mean its all good until people get jelly of how many c you got or what you have
  • edited May 2018
    when I started cc there was litterly no one there to help me I took de game as minecraft and didnt know wht cubits are I kept mining and mining selling resources for items then I aksed aomeone wht r cubit he said tjwy gold thing at top corner u buy stuff with then I sold all my atuff and kept mining till I reached 14k then I won a dino in de renissaice fair and spent most of de c on giveaways and helping ppl sometimes ppl used to come say u have this item I say he says for I just give him it but wht I hate I once did a scavenger hunt for a prize dispenser and they kept calling me scammer so I stopped giveaways cause it hurts me to be called scammer in de end I spent 75k giveaways just to be called scammer
  • I did not say giveaway, just help. You could however, start them out with small things. And the hollas are getting worst and worst. For example a normal holla would go like this, "Come to this vend shop here, just..." But, people do this, " CHEAP VEND SHP HER OMG OMG OMG!" These are cancerous hollas.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Mods try their hardest, They cannot do anything without evidence, on every occasion that i have steam messaged or reported a player to a moderator they have been dealt with, we need to co-operate with the moderators, they cannot spend all of their time on Cubic Castles.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I used to giveaway stuff.. over a million cubits worth at least.. but then people stopped being thankful..
  • teddzteddz Member
    There are still many people who help others...you just don‘t see it cause u aint hanging around with beginners anymore. But thats normal-> people search for people who are on the same level with em and I‘m pretty sure the newbies still help each other...
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well you are not totally wrong, cubic castles looks a bit like a shopping simulator, but thats mostly because that is the main thing holla's is used for, there are plenty of people that are building great buildings and helping people (problem is only that there are also people that help the people, wait till they have enough trust to keep the perm forever and then when you have enough stuff they just scam you...) sure you nowadays see only shops and vending machines... but there are also plenty of holla's for new builds and such
  • ValyreenaValyreena Member
    edited May 2018
    As a builder. I can show u alot of awsome builds in cc! And recently i found a very good builder named Haikaiss. Which is very good at Geological building, yes i agree that back then there were more builds available to be seen and more builders evrerywhere then what is today, building is hard. With us to mine our blocks or to either speed the process on buyying blocks, the Cc building community is half corrupted too, some peoples. Build For there shops to obtain more c by selling items. There are builders who builds things to impress people. To get noticed. Which i think is not bad. But i miss the old days where we build for fun and not to impress peoples, i admit to myself too that i build to impress people and inspire people to build. But for me i miss the times where we inspire peoples. And build for fun, and not just to get fame or whatsoever. We builders needs our time too and we can't always give peoples new things to see everyday in such large scale. I do hope the cc gets better
  • lucaaa795 said:

Ahmad09 said:

when I started cc there was litterly no one there to help me I took de game as minecraft and didnt know wht cubits are I kept mining and mining selling resources for items then I aksed aomeone wht r cubit he said tjwy gold thing at top corner u buy stuff with then I sold all my atuff and kept mining till I reached 14k then I won a dino in de renissaice fair and spent most of de c on giveaways and helping ppl sometimes ppl used to come say u have this item I say he says for I just give him it but wht I hate I once did a scavenger hunt for a prize dispenser and they kept calling me scammer so I stopped giveaways cause it hurts me to be called scammer in de end I spent 75k giveaways just to be called scammer

I knew you were behind that "sister" account.. I knew it
    oh no it ia my sisters but when she became imactive I took it
  • @Txddy I actually do not have a specific crowd I have around, I just from friendships with noobs and pros.
  • DjedoDjedo Member

Trolololo

• I'm still here I give new players cloths and everything and tell them where the first few quest are
  • Mr.Weenie said:

I'm still here I give new players cloths and everything and tell them where the first few quest are

That’s awesome Weenie! It’s nice to hear there’s good players who are helping noobies learn the way..