Cubic Castles Geocaching

*SnowyOwl**SnowyOwl* Member
edited April 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
I just thought of this idea. Let me explain what geocaching is before going into my main idea
So a geocache is a small container or box of some kind hidden in a spot in a park, woods trail,
etc. Then on your phone you get an app and it says what's near by, and gives clues on where it's at. sometimes it's hidden in a tree hole or tucked under a rock. When you do find one you open it up and there are little things inside, and the way you're supposed to do it is give an item to take an item.

So my idea is making a geocache type chest/block that you can place, and it could be like a chest but everyone can open it. About 4 or 6 slots should be enough, but you couldn't take something unless you swapped it with something else, the owner of the realm hides the geocache and then throws 4 or 6 items in it (depends on the amount of slots in the container). And then puts clues on a sign at the front of the realm (there could even be a geocache realm tag to find realms with geocaches in it), then, the player follows the clues, finds the geocache, and trades something, such as: takes an imp tail and puts in a top hat.

I don't think you should be able to put basic blocks like dirt, sand, grass etc, but event blocks like gingerbread would be cool. Or the owner could put tags on the geocache on what's allowed to go in it, options like: blocks, hats, decorations, and whichever ones were checked would allow those things to be put in the geocache.

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I actually love geocaching I quickly burnt through all the local caches so I don't really do it these days ubfortuantly. But back topic! This could be a somewhat interesting idea, the only problem is fairness as a lot of people would steal I think
  • I actually love geocaching I quickly burnt through all the local caches so I don't really do it these days ubfortuantly. But back topic! This could be a somewhat interesting idea, the only problem is fairness as a lot of people would steal I think

But they could have it to where you're forced to swap an item
    True but then what sets the limit of what you can and can't take. For example rich player leaves krampus poor player finds it should he be able to take it when he can't leave something of worth? But then he also worked hard to find it.

I see a lot of people leaving dirt
  • True but then what sets the limit of what you can and can't take. For example rich player leaves krampus poor player finds it should he be able to take it when he can't leave something of worth? But then he also worked hard to find it.

yeah I agree,
    but that's why I said you shouldn't be able to put basic mine-able blocks in it, and you could possibly put tags on it to define what it could hold
  • I agree!! +1 It does need some work tho how it would work like spacey said, but +1!
  • True but then what sets the limit of what you can and can't take. For example rich player leaves krampus poor player finds it should he be able to take it when he can't leave something of worth? But then he also worked hard to find it.

yeah I agree,
    but that's why I said you shouldn't be able to put basic mine-able blocks in it, and you could possibly put tags on it to define what it could hold
    u mean like de recube pin items?
    What if the items were geocache specific. Like a special coin the idea being you can buy a random pack that gives you coins and the idea is you trade them with geocaches to try and collect them all. These coins could have a viewable option. Telling you how many players have owned it etc.
  • Okay, space has a point but, The ideal solution, imo would be: Ban anything craftable from geocaches, and ban items that have been removed from their specific pack (i.e. Krampus, Halo).
  • What if the items were geocache specific. Like a special coin the idea being you can buy a random pack that gives you coins and the idea is you trade them with geocaches to try and collect them all. These coins could have a viewable option. Telling you how many players have owned it etc.

I really like this idea :o
    maybe a pack that comes with 1-2 coins and a geocache to put in your realm
  • Very creative and cool ideas guys! :D
  • Love geocaching and love the idea. Funny, haven't geocached in RL in a while, but on my trip this past week, I picked up a few and have the itch to start it up again. Would be fun to do something similar in game.

Like the coin idea too - almost like geo-travelers (coins / travel bugs). Even cooler if we could track / catalog all the different ones we've come in contact with.
  • Never heard about geocaching, thank you :D
    +1