A Public Announcement

JackFuryJackFury Member
edited April 2018 in General Chat
As all of you know, I have a drawing business. It's more of a hobby; just something I have off on the side as a way to earn a few extra cubits. My standard price per picture is 800 cubits. Yet, I have had people complain about how "expensive" this is. Guys, seriously? So, this announcement is not that I will be lowering the price, but is instead my argument against how cheap some of you can be >.>

First of all, does no one realize that it takes work to produce art? I am working to create a product which you pay for, I do not just snap my fingers and have it materialize out of nowhere. Some pictures take hours of work.

Next: the price. I decided to figure out exactly how much I'm selling these for, so I added up all the cubit packs in the Cubic Store and took the average of them to find out the exact monetary value of this electronic, made-up currency. If you buy one of each of the packs, you pay 187 USD for 778,500 cubits in total. This brings the value of cubits to a little over 14 cents each (not accounting for Black Friday sales and such). 1 dollar is 778 cubits. Therefore, you are paying me 1 dollar and 14 cents for a picture. Most artists can sell their work for much more than this. I know my pictures aren't very advanced (since I'm not getting much and it's just a simple qbee) but I'm sure I could draw something similar to this and sell them for at least 5 dollars each normally.

Finally: the value. If you see my pictures as "too expensive", then you obviously don't want one very much. So please keep your comments to yourself. I have plenty of customers who are more than willing to pay this fee for the pictures because they actually want one. You don't have to be "rich" to buy one, and it's rather rude to go up to someone and tell them directly to their face that they're doing their business or hobby wrong and then giving them a set of guidelines. But those aren't my guidelines, are they? No, they're yours. Go start your own art business with those instead of forcing them on me. In the free market, I have the ability to place whatever value I choose on my work. It's not for everyone. But would you rude people please stop private messaging me with your overhaul ideas (and snarky comments)? That's all I ask. I'm not naming names, but this needs to be the end of this.

Comments

• IridescentIridescent In your toilet.Member
    Ignore them, Jack. Just try to focus on the players who love and appreciate your work. :D Your art is rather lovely, and I'm planning to buy one soon! ^-^
  • Really! Wow! I know this was made cause of me. It is expensive because tons of players have failing shops, like I do, and only have like 300c. And I cant go mine cause when I go in a overworld, I crash and wont be able to play the game for weeks. I didn't say anything that your not working. You have great art. And I know it takes work. Hell, it takes me an hour to do a good pixel art work. And I am not cheap. I have my reasons above. And I am not trying to be rude. Its just a fact. But 800c for someone who has 320c can be a major difference, and that in some eyes can be rich.
  • Really! Wow! I know this was made cause of me. It is expensive because tons of players have failing shops, like I do, and only have like 300c. And I cant go mine cause when I go in a overworld, I crash and wont be able to play the game for weeks. I didn't say anything that your not working. You have great art. And I know it takes work. Hell, it takes me an hour to do a good pixel art work. And I am not cheap. I have my reasons above. And I am not trying to be rude. Its just a fact. But 800c for someone who has 320c can be a major difference, and that in some eyes can be rich.

No, Mad Dog, this is not targeted at you. You complained about it, yes, but you weren't the only one. It's a controversial subject. Like I already said, this is only for some people. If you truly only have 300c, then don't even think about spending it on a picture. Invest it! Grow your shop! But please don't complain on my drawing thread about the prices :)
  • Mad Dog GamerMad Dog Gamer Member
    edited April 2018
    JackFury said:

Really! Wow! I know this was made cause of me. It is expensive because tons of players have failing shops, like I do, and only have like 300c. And I cant go mine cause when I go in a overworld, I crash and wont be able to play the game for weeks. I didn't say anything that your not working. You have great art. And I know it takes work. Hell, it takes me an hour to do a good pixel art work. And I am not cheap. I have my reasons above. And I am not trying to be rude. Its just a fact. But 800c for someone who has 320c can be a major difference, and that in some eyes can be rich.

No, Mad Dog, this is not targeted at you. You complained about it, yes, but you weren't the only one. It's a controversial subject. Like I already said, this is only for some people. If you truly only have 300c, then don't even think about spending it on a picture. Invest it! Grow your shop! But please don't complain on my drawing thread about the prices :)
    I just made a suggestion unlike Sir.Galxon, was it him? idk. But maybe have a lower price for a smaller picture. You know what I mean?
  • Just imagine you are in a restaurant. They serve delicous foods, you have no rights to question their price so its your risk if you want to taste their menu.
  • Just imagine you are in a restaurant. They serve delicous foods, you have no rights to question their price so its your risk if you want to taste their menu.

True, but they have different sized servings for different prices. Thats all is suggested. Different sized art for different price. You know what I mean? Going in game!

True, but they have different sized servings for different prices. Thats all is suggested. Different sized art for different price. You know what I mean? Going in game!
    What, exactly, do you mean by "different size art"? Do you mean less stuff in the picture? That's not possible, it's already just a picture of 1 thing: your qbee. Do you mean a lower resolution? That's literally no different. It takes the same amount of time to draw, it just turns out pixelated.
  • JackFury said:

Really! Wow! I know this was made cause of me. It is expensive because tons of players have failing shops, like I do, and only have like 300c. And I cant go mine cause when I go in a overworld, I crash and wont be able to play the game for weeks. I didn't say anything that your not working. You have great art. And I know it takes work. Hell, it takes me an hour to do a good pixel art work. And I am not cheap. I have my reasons above. And I am not trying to be rude. Its just a fact. But 800c for someone who has 320c can be a major difference, and that in some eyes can be rich.

I just made a suggestion unlike Sir.Galxon, was it him? idk. But maybe have a lower price for a smaller picture. You know what I mean?
    I’m srry, but am I going to have to create another thread just to address your putting blame on me for something? The discussion was between me and Jack, and really has nothing to do with you
  • 'ForgetMeNot''ForgetMeNot' Member
    edited April 2018
    To all those who are complaining i have a suggestion:

Go to the art section and request from the free ones (obviously)
  • JackFury said:

Just imagine you are in a restaurant. They serve delicous foods, you have no rights to question their price so its your risk if you want to taste their menu.

What, exactly, do you mean by "different size art"? Do you mean less stuff in the picture? That's not possible, it's already just a picture of 1 thing: your qbee. Do you mean a lower resolution? That's literally no different. It takes the same amount of time to draw, it just turns out pixelated.
    "A lower resolution" LMAO
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Simple don't like the price then don't buy.
    No one is forcing you to buy.

Derailing threads will only result in warnings being issued.
    I will be keeping an eye on this in the future so please refrain from derailing these art threads.
  • Wade PrevossWade Prevoss Member
    edited April 2018
    gdog said:

Simple don't like the price then don't buy.
    No one is forcing you to buy.

Derailing threads will only result in warnings being issued.
    I will be keeping an eye on this in the future so please refrain from derailing these art threads.

totally agree T^T
  • I totally agree with JackFury. For starters, just because someone is good at art, doesn't mean that they can do it quickly. Quite frankly, JackFury has a reasonably good price for it. As he said, it is really only a dollar. He will one day grow up to be rich and famous with his art (XD), and you will have something worth thousands. But you know, a dollar in real life was too much, remember?
  • I totally agree with JackFury. For starters, just because someone is good at art, doesn't mean that they can do it quickly. Quite frankly, JackFury has a reasonably good price for it. As he said, it is really only a dollar. He will one day grow up to be rich and famous with his art (XD), and you will have something worth thousands. But you know, a dollar in real life was too much, remember?

Nice example! :O
  • Agree art is hard to do especially if it's detailed
  • Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
    edited April 2018
    I did not know this was aloud. I should proubly start a "buisness" like you. If you do not mind. I'll charge 300c each. Which is roughly around 45c. Since mine are simple. But if you would like a back ground, you would have to buy it for 400c.
  • I did not know this was aloud. I should proubly start a "buisness" like you. If you do not mind. I'll charge 300c each. Which is roughly around 45c. Since mine are simple. But if you would like a back ground, you would have to buy it for 400c.

Go for it! I encourage all budding artists in Cubic Castles to share their talents ^^