Bookstores, Books & Writing

TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
edited February 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
So we have shops and malls, but really no other shop players can create. Why not add a bookstore?

Features
  • BOOKS. Ability to write in a book and sell it for cubits.
  • BOOKSTORE. Players can now create bookstores and sell books! Players can sell their books to bookstore owners where they can then sell the book for more cubits.
  • PRINTING MACHINE. Players can put their finished book in this printer where it will be duplicated for the shelves.
    HOW IT WILL WORK?
  • Players can write their stories, poems or other and then make it uneditable. If the player sells his book before it is "sealed" (made uneditable) other players can write in it.
  • A max of words and a minimum would be nice.
  • No imagery can be added.
  • When buying in a vend or reg, on the confirmation screen it will tell you: [bookname] [writername] [bookdescription] [first paragraph] [writersnote] [howmanywords]
  • You can't copy another player's book.

PROS
  • A whole new environment of stores is unlocked
  • Players can now get their writing ability in CC.
  • A whole new item besides the common.
CONS
  • Players can easily scam by writing useless books.

NOTE, there would be two modes to a book: "Sealed" and "Unsealed". Sealed books cannot be edited or changed. Unsealed books can still be written in, so Seal a book before selling it!

SUGGESTIONS:

Could add a feature where a player can read the first few pages to make sure it isnt a scam? But remember. It's your choice to buy the book. Not the mod's fault if you get scammed.

Comments

• Sounds pretty good, if it was added I don't know how it would turn out lol.
  • AroeAroe Member
    edited April 2018
    +1

As a renown bibliophile I can say that this idea is very intriguing!

I love books of all shapes and sizes, and the fact that we only have four in-game (excluding the Bookshelves) does make me sad. This suggestion is very clever and may even promote positive reading habits outside of CC.

However, it does seem quite tricky to implement in-game so I wouldn’t get my hopes too high with this idea, as lovely as it seems.
  • Yes +1 New stuff I'm in it.
  • Good idea, but what about copying? EX:
    Player One writes a book and sells it to Player two.
    Player Two then copies the contents of Player One's book.
    Player Two then sells it, saying its their own book.

Plus I don't think moderators want to be tracking down everyone who copies a book.
  • +1 Good idea..
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited April 2018
    Kirodashi said:

Good idea, but what about copying? EX:

Plus I don't think moderators want to be tracking down everyone who copies a book.

Once a book is written, it is sealed and cannot be editted (such as, the contents, original writer, and title cannot be changed.)

You cannot copy another player's book also, new idea.

@Kirodashi
  • KirodashiKirodashi Member
    edited April 2018

Kirodashi said:

Once a book is written, it is sealed and cannot be editted (such as, the contents, <b cla

EDIT: Sorry, lagged and this comment posted Just noticed that there are 2 comments
  • Kirodashi said:

Once a book is written, it is sealed and cannot be editted (such as, the contents, original writer, and title cannot be changed.)

@Kirodashi
    Not what I meant. Not copying using the printing machine, MANUALLY copying the contents of the book.

@Tumbleweed
  • Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

@Kirodashi
    Not what I meant. Not copying using the printing machine, MANUALLY copying the contents of the book.

@Tumbleweed
    Oooh. Well I guess that's a problem, but that's a problem in real life too. To see what book is real, a date could be added, but of course it won't prevent scamming.

Almost anything can be used as scams, but you just have to take a risk. If nothing was added to the game cause of scams it wouldn't be fun anymore..

But as stated above this is a problem in RL too and unfortunately is impossibly unpreventable; but it's illegal and wrong to do, so all we can do is really hope that players don't and report them if they do.
  • Kirodashi said:

Kirodashi said:

@Kirodashi

@Tumbleweed
    Oooh. Well I guess that's a problem, but that's a problem in real life too. To see what book is real, a date could be added, but of course it won't prevent scamming.

Almost anything can be used as scams, but you just have to take a risk. If nothing was added to the game cause of scams it wouldn't be fun anymore..

But as stated above this is a problem in RL too and unfortunately is impossibly unpreventable; but it's illegal and wrong to do, so all we can do is really hope that players don't and report them if they do.
    Another suggestion I have is that a book's original author can set how much of the book customers can preview. For example I might want to let people see the entire first chapter instead of just a few pages.
  • edited April 2018
    O my... +9 I need to write! I need to make my own book store 'write it right' and put some ink deco in my office, where a write my books about fairytales or love stories or....even better just using a sense of humour >:O
    Edit: No way I should make an official simpsons book :OOOOO
  • +1 would love to see this added to the game....could make an anime series :D
  • This would really spice up the economy, in a way adding new items wouldn’t, would Totally make cc even more of a one of a kind game, and it would make the game soooooo much more creative, I’m all for it buds!
  • Bump!
  • Woo +1
    Love to write story
  • I would love this. We could sell shop guides or recipe books. I think you should be able to read the whole book though before buying, just to prevent scams.
  • As a bookworm,and for my bookworm-only Clan,THIS WOULD BE GREAT.It would have to go through a lot of process to come to the game but,it'd be great
  • i do believe someone could just put profanity in a book and spread it around, will there be some checking system? how would they know what language the profanity is in if there is such absurdity?
  • kirodashi said:

You probably saw this commented to you before, too lazy to read over type.
    Just make it where ONLY the author can copy their book once sealed.

The book could have it's title and by author. For example: CC's World; By Cubed Cubes

+1
    I feel like this would be a nice way for people to express their literature.
  • LateCom said:

i do believe someone could just put profanity in a book and spread it around, will there be some checking system? how would they know what language the profanity is in if there is such absurdity?

It's not hard to create a word blocking system. I could do it with python :p
  • And then people do put spaces between the vulgarities, or just say it in a different language altogether.
  • LateCom said:

And then people do put spaces between the vulgarities, or just say it in a different language altogether.

What's the difference, though, between doing it in hollas, or writing it down in a book?
  • LateCom said:

And then people do put spaces between the vulgarities, or just say it in a different language altogether.

You can code a simple system that checks if the word is a real word. It would block words with spaces, numbers, and extra characters. And people already bypass the chat system and the letter system :p
  • I luv books I wud luv dis feature! I luv books solo much that I can't even write in slang or abbreviations! I'm totes writing in formal and proper english!
  • ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited February 2019
    Log_er said:

I would love this. We could sell shop guides or recipe books. I think you should be able to read the whole book though before buying, just to prevent scams.

That last idea is not wise. I mean u cud just see a rlly usefull book for like 400c or something and u can read the whole of it there and then and its short enough to copy irl soooo u wont rlly buy it and be like hahahhahahah i just read ur whole book and copied it irl and i aint buying it. Scams like that can happen. Maybe limit the amount like half or quarter not whole. But the book idea is amazing cuz i luv books +1 even tho it can lead to big time scamming.
  • Bump. Remember its your own risk to buy books from people. Suspicious book owner? Dont want to loose your c? You dont have to buy it.

But remember, if you get a reputation for selling good books, you'll probably make alot of c and people will trust your books.

BUMP!
  • Very interesting +1.
  • this sounds like a GAMER feature
    +1