SUGGESTION: Ability to sit on non-chair blocks.

In real life, people often sit on floors, or the edges of fountains, or stairs, or picnic blankets (you get the point).
However, in CC, you can't sit on anything besides chairs or sofas.

I don't want QBees to automatically sit on blocks like they automatically sit on chairs- that'd be annoying. But there should be some way you can manually sit on a regular block. Perhaps there can be a key assigned to it, or a on screen button/menu option for mobile.

On the topic of sitting, I also suggest that you can 'sit' on the Bed block, because currently you can only stand on it.

Comments

• AroeAroe Member
    edited April 2018

While it sounds like a bright and clever idea, I just don’t see the point in having this.

People–the vast majority of people–often tend to play games as an escape route from reality, so trying to implement suggestions in-game as an effort to mirror actions in real life seems kind of contradicting, to me, at least.

But, aside from that fact, I just don’t see why we’d ever feel the need to sit on the floors, it just seems like it’d make more work for the Developers & Game Admins, who I’m sure already have a lot on their plate in the first place.

However, the ability to be able to physically sit on the actual Qbee Beds is something that they should consider, I actually wonder why we weren’t able to sit on them in the first place.
  • +1 why not :P
  • -1, what Aroe said.
  • AroeAroe Member
    lucaaa795 said:

Can't understand why bringing this to the game would be a bad thing. You can sit on sofas ans chairs... oh wait wow you can do that irl too holy crap.. you can cook both in game and irl wow... you can... have a pet? Walk? Jump? Yeah..
    +1 to the idea

I don’t know if this comment was in-directly directed towards me or not, but I’ll bite.

I never said it was a bad thing, if that’s what you’re trying to insinuate. I merely said that there isn’t really a purpose for sitting down anywhere.

And as I also said before, it’d probably just be one more thing for the Developers & Game Administrators to put onto their (quite possibly already full) to-do list. And, I’d rather them focus their time on other ideas or suggestions that’d really help further the development of this game, rather than something as useless and futile as being able to sit on the floor.

But, we don’t all think that way, Luca. :)
  • Aroe said:

lucaaa795 said:

Can't understand why bringing this to the game would be a bad thing. You can sit on sofas ans chairs... oh wait wow you can do that irl too holy crap.. you can cook both in game and irl wow... you can... have a pet? Walk? Jump? Yeah..
    +1 to the idea

I don’t know if this comment was in-directly directed towards me or not, but I’ll bite.

I never said it was a bad thing, if that’s what you’re trying to insinuate. I merely said that there isn’t really a purpose for sitting down anywhere.

And as I also said before, it’d probably just be one more thing for the Developers & Game Administrators to put onto their (quite possibly already full) to-do list. And, I’d rather them focus their time on other ideas or suggestions that’d really help further the development of this game, rather than something as useless and futile as being able to sit on the floor.

I actually don't think it would take much time. Not an expert of coding by any means but i'm pretty sure it's just a 'When x is pressed, use x model (sitting position model'
  • AroeAroe Member
    edited April 2018
    Kirodashi said:

Aroe said:

lucaaa795 said:

+1 to the idea

I actually don't think it would take much time. Not an expert of coding by any means but i'm pretty sure it's just a 'When x is pressed, use x model (sitting position model'
    Than sure, if there’s little-to-no work involved in implementing it in-game, why not add it.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it were as easy to install it as you say it is, seeing as how it’s quite useless.
  • +1
    Theres nothing bad at this :l
    More animations, more fun.
  • +1
    i really like this
    also yee theres nothing bad at this :u

• i do not think by bringing this into the game children aren’t able ’to escape from reality’. of course it is not a big difference if you can sit on the floor but I think it makes cc on a certain way more attractive, because then you have more ‘possibilities‘ to play with your friends by
    making It more realistic
    So 1+
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    +1
    Suggested this myself in the past.
    A simple /sit command would work just fine.
  • gdog said:

+1

Great idea for activating this feature if it was added, perfect!
  • gdog said:

+1

Much better than my idea, /sit would make it so there is no additional key/button needed.
  • *SnowyOwl**SnowyOwl* Member
    edited April 2018
    +1 love the idea. When you're hanging out with friends, sometimes it makes me tired even when I see my Qbee stand :P
  • +1 ... with /sit <3