Clan Overhaul Suggestion

Ranking System

A ranking system for clans based on clan xp. So how does it work? Well my idea was that clan xp should be gained mainly from clan NPC quests. There would be a variety of NPCs that have a bunch of quests each:
  • The Miner NPC would have mining/building related quests.
  • The Adventurer NPC would have story map related quests.
  • The Pirate NPC would have quests for finding certain things in mines. I was thinking of a new item "treasure chest"
    which you would find randomly under ground. Once you find it you can either dig it and turn it in for xp or open it for loot. There could be treasure maps as well that you would get randomly from the clan merchant (I'll explain below). They would help finding treasure chests in mines (one use only).
  • The Ninja NPC would have parkour completion quests.
  • The Farmer NPC would have farming related quests.
  • The Smith NPC would have crafting quests.
  • The Scientist NPC would have distilling or extracting quests.
  • The Builder NPC would have building quests.
  • Idk ran out of ideas...
Every week there would be different NPCs that give quests, 3 of them to be exact. The quests could only be turned in to the NPC that you started the quest at and you could only take quests from your clan's NPCs.

I know some people wouldn't like building not being part of gaining xp so the solution of that could be that building would still gain xp for the clan but it would be a very low rate of xp gain. This should slightly prevent xp grinding with half blocks or autoclickers.

Every member's quest xp would count. This way clans will be forced to look for active members in order to stay on top. The xp requirement would also rise for every clan level and levels would be uncapped. There would also be upgrades for the xp limit you can aquire. You would have to pay up with xp in order to be able to gain more xp to get levels.

I was thinking that there would be a one time buy clan starter pack which would give you a starter NPC and a merchant NPC. Pretty much everyone would have something small to start from just like farming. You could get more NPCs by purchasing them with xp. The Merchant NPC is the one that you buy things from such as NPCs and clan rewards.

Now for the rewards there could be some new pretty cosmetic items, vehicles, pets, blocks, etc. To avoid wasting clan xp there should be an option to only allow certain ranks to purchase rewards. This way higher ranked members would have to share the loot with other members which means that greedy leaders won't be able to get their clan high up the leaderboard.
There could be weekly/monthly rewards for the top X clans. X being a number that could be changed based on the number of clans in game.

There should be a log tab as well showing when a member has completed a quest, which quest, how much xp they got to in the clan stone. Also logs for Merchant NPC purchases.

Buying xp with cubits should be removed if this ever gets implemented.

Wandering NPCs

Another cool feature would be having NPCs that walk around and you can interact with. They could have random silly lines to say when you talk to them and they would be purchasable from the Merchant NPC in an pack. The pack drops would be random and the NPCs would have their chat lines based on rarity. This way we can make clan realms feel a lot more alive.

Clan ranks, permissions and joining clans

We really need more clan roles for our members and the ability to customize them and their permissions. Also I was thinking that joining a clan could be done by applying at the clan stone instead of having everyone to hop on the clan stone. Clan leaders or anyone with the permissions to invite members would have a tab in the menu where they find clan applications from players and their info then all they have to do is accept or deny them.

Features that require fixing/tweaking

• The clan messages should have delete, pin and edit options.
  • The summon option should have a confirmation box for every summoned member so we don't ruin someone's game, parkour, etc.
  • The member list currently shows online members both at the top and bottom. This needs to be fixed so online members are shown at the top, in their rank order. Also there needs to be a filter option for finding names, would be very useful for big clans. A timer that shows the last time a member was active would be useful as well.

I know there are probably flaws here and there so help me out with finding them and maybe ways to deal with them. I'm really curious to hear your opinions on this. Also you can comment more NPC ideas as well.

Comments

• Even if this doesn't get implement (It should, it's a good idea, it fits for all themes in clan with the NPCs) the way you can turn cubits in Clan XP is stupid, I've had people join my clan and then donate all their cubits even if we had 5k clan XP cause they didn't know they could mine or craft for it. (A lot of new players didn't know this)

Active members need to be shown at the top because scrolling through a hundred names to get to the bottom to rank someone up is a pain.

We truly do need at least the rank before leader to be able to let people in the clan because of you make someone a leader in your clan, they can derank you and steal your clan. Not everyone is trustable. (They should also fix that)

The farmer should also have cooking related quest mixed in with his farmer ones.

All this would make clans feel nicer and people would want to be in them because players usually just join clans every couple days since a lot of them have nothing to do in them and mostly just join for that days event.
  • Oooh! This is what your thinking about on the clan realm.
    +1 for all, especially for the fixes.

The quests should be clan related, maybe a quests that needs a specific member quantity to work.
    ( ex : 10 members should mine 40 mountain boulders )
    To have a cooperative and helping together feeling.
  • Yes amazing I need this +1
  • Ranking System : +1

Wandering NPCs : +1

Clan ranks, permissions and joining clans : I can easily see someone you decline but don't want to go in another clan, and, stubborn, apply agin and again.. Should be an ignore button, which disallow him to apply anymore for this clan.

Clan messages : +1

Summonning : If you have 30 players on, could be annoying.. -1

Last one : +1
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    edited April 2018

Ranking System : +1

Wandering NPCs : +1

Clan ranks, permissions and joining clans : I can easily see someone you decline but don't want to go in another clan, and, stubborn, apply agin and again.. Should be an ignore button, which disallow him to apply anymore for this clan.

Clan messages : +1

Summonning : If you have 30 players on, could be annoying.. -1

Last one : +1

What I meant by condirmation is that the players that are summoned can either accept or deny
  • Ed said:

What I meant by condirmation is that the players that are summoned can either accept or deny

But it can still bother them, if they are in games like you said! Like, a bomb game : no stop! and boom! Unless you have the clan thing like when we level up, on the side of the screen, then we can click on it, accept or deny =)

Ed said:

But it can still bother them, if they are in games like you said! Like, a bomb game : no stop! and boom! Unless you have the clan thing like when we level up, on the side of the screen, then we can click on it, accept or deny =)
    Yeah something like that
  • +1
  • They Should Add:
    -Clan Message Posted On Chat Bars Like Cc System
    -A Rank For A Member That can let join player but can't kick and change Rank
    -A Rank For A Member That Can Kick A Trial Members Only
    -Clan Sentry:If We Have Event Only Clan Members Can Enter
    -Welcome Message:Ex. One Player Join The Clan April 19 It Will Posted On Clan Messages
    bump
  • Nice idea
  • +1 For the online members shohld be on top. Why? Because im in charge in promoting my clan members xD. And I got hard time scrolling down just to rank them up :D
  • definitely +1 to all but +infinite for pirate npc ofc :DDD
  • +1 clans need an update!
  • +1 Clans need more love. The whole clan rage has died down significantly, as there really isn't much point to joining a clan at the moment, unless the owner is super active and constantly creates events. But those clans are far and few between. Would be nice if clans got some new objectives / things to do, and became useful.
  • Yeah, I wish clans had more to them. +1
  • +1, however how would the building one work? Would you have to build a certain structure?
    Flamerock said:

+1, however how would the building one work? Would you have to build a certain structure?

Building as in building for xp? No it would be the same as now but the blocks you have to place for 1 xp would be like 10/20/30 times more than now.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +1
  • Ed said:

Flamerock said:

+1, however how would the building one work? Would you have to build a certain structure?

Building as in building for xp? No it would be the same as now but the blocks you have to place for 1 xp would be like 10/20/30 times more than now.
    Oh ok, thanks :)
  • 1+ but following on from the applying systems, for certain formal clans, they would like applications. If I wanted to run a clan that bases around a whole city (let’s pretend they added more ranks) I’d like to have ranks be police, monitors and all that, but my life isn’t CC so having an application when no one is here to monitor people to join would be useful, when people already joined, I think there should still be a way to do an application, once clicked, a tab opens with applications made by owner, I know a way that this could be set up for the owners to make, but I’m not in a discussion so I won’t really discuss my idea. For the summon thing, I kinda agree, though, to be honest, if they were to implement that and we wanted to summon people, atleast have a way to write a reason for summoning. As it would be annoying having an important event but not lots of people come, I also think an option for certain people to summon. When you click summon, a tab comes up saying the ranks line by line, and then all at the bottom, but a arrow next to each one to open and see people, and there should be a search bar for searching people, to select them, you click the check box next to their name. I strongly agree with your ideas such as NPC ideas, I really hope for them to implement your ideas as it would strongly improve clans, and I really want a way of adding clan ranks and customising their stuff as sometimes, I just want a person to have a back role, what I mean is, following of my city example, if I wanted someone to be police, I’d need to rank them, but to do so, I could be giving certain permission away. I also think adding different areas to ranks is better to organise them. Like this for example

ADMINS RANKS
    Owner V (arrow can be there to click and it comes down showing everyone’s position in the rank)
    Admin trainer V
    Admin. V
    Admin in training. V

POLICES
    Officer. V
    Swat. V
    Police trainer. V
    Police. V
    Police in training. V

And further on, this would be really useful.
    My other idea is a separate Clan C shop.
    So, when completing a quest, you get clan c only for you but the whole clan gets clan points, only certain ranks and spend clan points, these are to refill shops, so someone gets clan c, can buy stuff found cheaper, what I mean is inside the clan, there is a tab called clan shop, then, all quests completed give you clan c and inside that shop, you can buy items from their that can be found cheaper, and clan points can only be spent by certain ranks to REFILL the items.

Great idea, though.
This discussion has been closed.