Judges

If We Have Contest:Can The Admins Will Be The Judge And 20% Of Players Vote As A Qbee?

Comments

• *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited April 2018
    Not a bad idea but it would take long to get all votes and all the stuff behind...
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh god, yes please. I don’t care how long it will take.
  • To Be Fair...
  • To Be Fair...

True that several eyes is better than one ^^
  • But people can make alts and vote for themselves. They can also bribe others to vote for them. So -1
  • Devs Can Fix it like Prize Dispenser 1 Vote Per Device :)
  • Devs Can Fix it like Prize Dispenser 1 Vote Per Device :)

It doesn't prevent from alt abuse... Imagine someone having a PC, a tablet and a phone.. If it's 1 per device, he already has 3 votes for him...
  • Its ok so Gadgets Company Will Earn Money xD
  • Maybe Only Forum User Can Vote
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    I like the idea of having more judges, I'm all for it but I personally hate the idea of community votes. As Miss said people can easily cheat them.
  • I think instead of getting the community to vote the there should just be more elected judges like 10 judges so it’s fairer
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited April 2018
    valley said:

I think instead of getting the community to vote the there should just be more elected judges like 10 judges so it’s fairer

Agreed, but should be out of the contest, or can't vote for themselves.
  • +1, but even if the same people always win the building competitions, at least they are good builds. Space and Horus have done fine jobs, but it seems that the same players always win. If I think what @valley said would be a good idea. No offense Space, and Horus.
  • CosmicSnailCosmicSnail Member
    edited April 2018
    +1 I would love to see others win. I keep seeing the same people win. Cough Ed
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    firstly i just want to say that the reason that people see a repeat pattern in winners has nothing to do with bias but is in fact entirely to do with skill. some of the best builders in the game enter the contests time and time again so of course they will win because to put it simply they do a better job. Thats not to say they will always win look at this contest for instance i have never even heard of the 3rd place winner and still don't know the winner of 5th.
    in terms of adding judges i'm all for it, unfortunately the chances of admins doing this is relatively low, they elected an events guy simply because they wanted to focus their time elsewhere so they are unlikely to have the time to spare to judge this sort of thing. Using other players also has the problem of potential bias and is an instant no chance of entering for those players involved in judging.
    Community voting - this is a straight up no for me, time and time again i have seen to many building contests swayed by who has the most friends or who bribes the most people to vote for them, not saying this is always the case but it has happened and could happen which is not something we can have on official events.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited April 2018

firstly i just want to say that the reason that people see a repeat pattern in winners has nothing to do with bias but is in fact entirely to do with skill. some of the best builders in the game enter the contests time and time again so of course they will win because to put it simply they do a better job. Thats not to say they will always win look at this contest for instance i have never even heard of the 3rd place winner and still don't know the winner of 5th.
    in terms of adding judges i'm all for it, unfortunately the chances of admins doing this is relatively low, they elected an events guy simply because they wanted to focus their time elsewhere so they are unlikely to have the time to spare to judge this sort of thing. Using other players also has the problem of potential bias and is an instant no chance of entering for those players involved in judging.
    Community voting - this is a straight up no for me, time and time again i have seen to many building contests swayed by who has the most friends or who bribes the most people to vote for them, not saying this is always the case but it has happened and could happen which is not something we can have on official events.

You do a great job Space, I was not trying to say you were not, just that the people who win always seem to be the same people as the last events. It could be like you said, because they are really good builders. It could be hard to have to judge every single build, but it would be nice if there were at least 5 different judges. Even if they were all just moderators.
  • Maybe next time those moderators can have no contact with the realm and when it is time to judge they just say who wins without then knowing who built it
    edited April 2018

You do a great job Space, I was not trying to say you were not, just that the people who win always seem to be the same people as the last events. It could be like you said, because they are really good builders. It could be hard to have to judge every single build, but it would be nice if there were at least 5 different judges. Even if they were all just moderators.
    no not at all i get it everyone has a right to speak how they feel just laying down my thoughts on the matter. I take great joy in spending time with each and every build i had 15 picked that i had to narrow down to just 5.

Maybe next time those moderators can have no contact with the realm and when it is time to judge they just say who wins without then knowing who built it

the problem with not knowing who built them is then we have no way of knowing who built them XD which makes it impossible to award prizes. Making moderaters vote isnt very fair either because a few of them like to take part as much as any other player and shouldnt be excluded for that.
    i myself dont look at the build untill the very end, the only contact i have is to check if its full and add new rooms
  • In my opinion, there’s nothing wrong with the results...
    But come on Space! Let Frank help you judge! I’m sure he would make me win if he sees my wonderful pug statue <3

In my opinion, there’s nothing wrong with the results...
    But come on Space! Let Frank help you judge! I’m sure he would make me win if he sees my wonderful pug statue <3</p>

im not sure if a pug has the required skill to judge peoples work unfortunately will
  • I get that judging is hard, but honestly a lot of the time there are just better builds out there. What bothers me the most is that the judging is based on absolutely freaking nothing!
    There are no scores, how do you know your build has been properly judged/rated?

Judging should be better with judges that score the build on their aspects.
    In my opinion there should also be prize categories for the different aspects, because of the many different building styles. (like best bunny build, best egg build, best house build, best easter related builds, best easter factory build, great unique builds.)

To be fair, with so many amazing builds it's to hard to just pick 5. Especially with no rating system. There simply is no explanation when you lose. I have been entering building contests for 3 years. I lose every single time, without any explanation. And my builds are pretty good, its just that the judges like a slightly different style or something else quite petty which i am unaware of.
    edited April 2018
    epieownz said:

I get that judging is hard, but honestly a lot of the time there are just better builds out there. What bothers me the most is that the judging is based on absolutely freaking nothing!
    There are no scores, how do you know your build has been properly judged/rated?

Judging should be better with judges that score the build on their aspects.
    In my opinion there should also be prize categories for the different aspects, because of the many different building styles. (like best bunny build, best egg build, best house build, best easter related builds, best easter factory build, great unique builds.)

To be fair, with so many amazing builds it's to hard to just pick 5. Especially with no rating system. There simply is no explanation when you lose. I have been entering building contests for 3 years. I lose every single time, without any explanation. And my builds are pretty good, its just that the judges like a slightly different style or something else quite petty which i am unaware of.

on this particular contest first and foremost the builds were judged on if the build was based on the theme. the theme being rebuilding the bunny village, so anything that was not fitting that description (and it was a pretty loose criteria) was not considered for winning.
    The reason there are not categories is because there doesn't need to be, its a simple brief and can be approached however one chooses with one sole outcome. it has to fit the requirements.
    my personal approach to judging is i visit each and every build i take time to explore it and look at it from afar and then screenshot all relevant builds, i then go through those builds and refine it down. i compare similar builds (for example egg making machines) and i wittle it down to the very best or best few. then when my list of results is as small as i can get it with that process i start to make the decision of which build is better than others. what skill has gone into it, how it looks etc etc

if it makes you feel any better i have never placed in any of the winning positions in a building contest either
  • Let the pug judge

Pug : Cute Execute! Bark
  • Maybe next time those moderators can have no contact with the realm and when it is time to judge they just say who wins without then knowing who built it

the problem with not knowing who built them is then we have no way of knowing who built them XD which makes it impossible to award prizes. Making moderaters vote isnt very fair either because a few of them like to take part as much as any other player and shouldnt be excluded for that.
    i myself dont look at the build untill the very end, the only contact i have is to check if its full and add new rooms

Hm what i mean space is by that we would put our names on the plots and you would number them. And put it in a document and then take away the brakes then put the number in their.

• Hm what i mean space is by that we would put our names on the plots and you would number them. And put it in a document and then take away the brakes then put the number in their.

Not a bad idea, but still, space hang around sometimes when we build and akready have a view of who built what.. And it would take time and could lead to confusions
  • No no no he wouldn't be a judge he just keeps track of it
  • -Joystick--Joystick- Member
    April 16
    Wow 0.0 Jealousy? Na, seriously, you can't say this. Of course they are great builds, but you forgot variety. There were a lot of egg machines out there, a lot of houses, a lot of statues. Space had to think about that... Actually, the outlooking of a build is half of a judgement.. The idea remains an important part. Furthermore, the rules didn't specify any "age looking" builds, that's your own point of view.
    Sure, Ed came first, probably because it was better than the others according to space? And I don't think a mod who do favoritism among all these builds. That would be stupid coming from a trustworthy player don't you think?
    Besides, they have been improving the requirements, so more people could join the contest. Indeed, only 1k were required to build, unlike the other contests which required 5k. You can't say it is not fair.
    Finally, don't forget the best thing is to take part in, not to win. =P
    Still, I accept your opinion.

^This is what someone post on my thread of the same topic that space fetus closed.^

I am not Jealous at all. All I am trying to say is how is it fair that Space Fetus picked Ed to win and that is his best friend in the game and not only that ED is a mod he should have never been aloud to enter the contest to begin with. That would be like McDonalds doing the Monopoly Contest and a manager from one of the foods chain stores wins a million dollars. Employees are not aloud to win those types of things because it is basically being biased. Mods and admins our anyone who does any type of work for cosmic cow that plays the game should never be aloud to enter the contests. That makes it unfair to the players who do not work for cosmic cow to get a fair deal. I am not saying all the builds were bad I am just saying the ones pick where not as good as others. ANd I mean for a Mod like Space Fetus to pick another mods build for the win is kinda bias dont you think. I am sorry in advance if i offend anyone not my intention to do so. I just know i could have picked 10 other builds that looked better then EDs to win. just seems unfair that the same people win over and over again. I could have cared less if I won I just think this last conest was rigged form the start. But you know what they say about opinions. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day. Take Care

DoubleK
  • MissilenceMissilence Member
    edited April 2018
    DoubleK said:

-Joystick--Joystick- Member
    April 16
    Wow 0.0 Jealousy? Na, seriously, you can't say this. Of course they are great builds, but you forgot variety. There were a lot of egg machines out there, a lot of houses, a lot of statues. Space had to think about that... Actually, the outlooking of a build is half of a judgement.. The idea remains an important part. Furthermore, the rules didn't specify any "age looking" builds, that's your own point of view.
    Sure, Ed came first, probably because it was better than the others according to space? And I don't think a mod who do favoritism among all these builds. That would be stupid coming from a trustworthy player don't you think?
    Besides, they have been improving the requirements, so more people could join the contest. Indeed, only 1k were required to build, unlike the other contests which required 5k. You can't say it is not fair.
    Finally, don't forget the best thing is to take part in, not to win. =P
    Still, I accept your opinion.

^This is what someone post on my thread of the same topic that space fetus closed.^

I am not Jealous at all. All I am trying to say is how is it fair that Space Fetus picked Ed to win and that is his best friend in the game and not only that ED is a mod he should have never been aloud to enter the contest to begin with. That would be like McDonalds doing the Monopoly Contest and a manager from one of the foods chain stores wins a million dollars. Employees are not aloud to win those types of things because it is basically being biased. Mods and admins our anyone who does any type of work for cosmic cow that plays the game should never be aloud to enter the contests. That makes it unfair to the players who do not work for cosmic cow to get a fair deal. I am not saying all the builds were bad I am just saying the ones pick where not as good as others. ANd I mean for a Mod like Space Fetus to pick another mods build for the win is kinda bias dont you think. I am sorry in advance if i offend anyone not my intention to do so. I just know i could have picked 10 other builds that looked better then EDs to win. just seems unfair that the same people win over and over again. I could have cared less if I won I just think this last conest was rigged form the start. But you know what they say about opinions. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day. Take Care

DoubleK

I doubt Space is biased. If he was then why didn't Ed win the Valentine's one? You might disagree with the winners but I think it was just the way Space judged them that made you disagree. Judging many entries is a hard job so sorting them probably made it easier for him. It would be nice to have more judges for a wider range of opinions but we don't want anyone being biased.
  • I guess you do not understand my point about a MOD winning a contest that should be for players. Just cause he plays the game does not mean he should be aloud to win or for that matter enter contests since ED is a mod. How is that even fair to other players for a Mod to pick a Mod to win. Again that would be like you working for the NFL and they are having a contest to give away superbowl tickets and your buddy who also works for the NFL picks you to win. Hence the reason employers do not let there employees enter those types of contests. Now do you understand. Or for a better example. Let us say we both work for the same company but my best friend is our boss and i get promoted before you do but you have way more qualifications then I do. But the only reason i got the promotion was because my best friend is the boss I didnt get it based on my performance or my ability to do the job i got it solely on being friends with the boss. Does that help you understand better. I mean come on Mods should not be aloud to enter any contest PERIOD that is the bottom line. And can you honestly tell me the one he picked for the winner was the best build and be honest.