Official Wiki needs YOU!

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Do I have to be an editor in order to become a chief editor

CD87 said:

You can become chief editor straight away like Kewbin, Eagence and me. However, only Horus (and those who are in "Administrator" group) can make you a chief editor.
  • LiteRary said:

Autoconfirmed user, user, editor my preferences says. Except editor others are normal? Or should l do something?

It means that you are now a wiki editor. Congrats!
  • Do I have to be an editor in order to become a chief editor

U said:

CD87 said:

You can become chief editor straight away like Kewbin, Eagence and me. However, only Horus (and those who are in "Administrator" group) can make you a chief editor.
    Otherwise, you have to get the requirements to become one

(Minimum of 10 high-quality wiki pages created +Have been actively improving the wiki for over a month (at any point in time) + Good knowledge of the MediaWiki platform)
  • I would like to be an editor please my name on wiki himohima
  • feEteRkeSefeEteRkeSe Member
    edited March 2018
    I would like to apply for the editor role Name: Feeter

I already have some experience with wiki and have aswell already edited pages succesfully for games like Monster Hunter.
    I would want to especially have the wiki updated with new items and packs.

Might take time

I would be happy to serve the community and help with the wiki page.

• - Vlad -- Vlad - Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello there!

I would like to apply for the EDITOR role. My wiki name is: MrSmally
    I visited many wikis and i think i know well how to edit or change one. So i think i can really help. I am a quick learner. I am planning to add about:
    -PRICES
    -FARMING
    -PACKS
    -EVENTS

So i think i have quite a good experience and i can help you, the wiki, but most important, the community! :)
  • Eagence said:

MrSmally, and all others...

You need to create an account in cc wiki first, so that we may make you an editor...
    Just go and create an account first pls.

To create an account:
    http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php?title=Special:CreateAccount&returnto=Main+Page

I made a new account with the same name (Feeter), it should work now. Sorry for the inquiry.
  • I made an account! I am MrSmally! XD
  • edited March 2018
    A lot of people willing to help
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Applications reviewed.
  • I wanna apply to be an editor.
    I've made an account on the wiki before under the name Sugarcat101
    I've no experience with the MediaWiki platform but I've some experience with editing and writing. As for the pages, I'm thinking of adding/editing minor pages for certain items featured on the Cubit Store page and Blocks page.
  • Oh, ty for the link. Now i REALLY created it XD.

So, i am MrSmally and i apply for the editor role. I can learn fast, i wish to help the community, i have time to do this job, and i am planning many projects! I visited many wikis so i have a little experience. I really think i can do a good job!

Go CC!
  • Ever thought about opening a seperate section for other languages, still on the official wiki though? Unfortunately not everyone speaks English. Would love to create some non-English pages.
  • edited March 2018
    I would like to apply for the title of Editor. I do not have any experience on the Wiki platform, sadly, but I am hoping this will give me an opportunity to learn. My handle on this Wiki is actually the same as in-game: The Platinum Paladin. Also, the biggest contribution I am planning on giving involves featuring prominent Realms and/or community members. The tagline would read something like, "You don't have to be a Mod to be special." My strengths as a writer could really be brought to full use for a project such as this.
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember

I would like to apply for the title of Editor. I do not have any experience on the Wiki platform, sadly, but I am hoping this will give me an opportunity to learn. My handle on this Wiki is actually the same as in-game: The Platinum Paladin. Also, the biggest contribution I am planning on giving involves featuring prominent Realms and/or community members. The tagline would read something like, "You don't have to be a Mod to be special." My strengths as a writer could really be brought to full use for a project such as this.

The information on the Wiki is meant to be completely official, the only members allowed to have pages about themselves are devs/mods, otherwise everyone else would have a page for themselves, which isn't needed at all. We don't wanna confuse people who are looking for important information on how to play or how to craft with random pages about community members who aren't part of the staff, stuff like that should be posted here on the forums, imo.
  • No fake information on THIS wiki..
  • Congrats to all the new editors!
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    As I've been seeing quite a few of those recently, here's a reminder;
    "User pages will be deleted. The wiki is meant for game elements, whereas our forums is for users and their creations. (This does not apply to staff pages, they're meant for awareness and informative content to help prevent impersonation)."
  • if needed I will be glad to help, I manage my schools webpage and I have multiple years of experience in cubic castles and know A LOT:D
  • i would like to become a moderator. i would report bugs and if i knew how fix them,i would also protect the servers for cubic castles from hackers and others that kill the purpose of the game,i would also help out around the forums and wiki. granted i am only 12 years old and have autism. u just really feel like helping out someplace
    edited April 2018
    keegeeo said:

i would like to become a moderator. i would report bugs and if i knew how fix them,i would also protect the servers for cubic castles from hackers and others that kill the purpose of the game,i would also help out around the forums and wiki. granted i am only 12 years old and have autism. u just really feel like helping out someplace

Keegeeo, you can't ASK to be a moderator. If you are good enough, and more moderators are needed (and if you are over 17 years old) then you will become one. Here you can ask being an editor or cheifeditor. The link below is related to moderators. Click it and read the article.

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11685/want-to-be-a-moderator-read-this#latest
  • DeemzDeemz Member
    edited April 2018
    Applying For Editor
    Forum Name: DimasTheYoutuber

I Would Like To Add A “List Of Good Realm’s” Tab, Because Sometimes, When You have No Projects To Do In Cc, You Have Some Time To Kill, This List Will Help Players To Find Some Good Realms To Play In,

And I Would Like To Add A “Parkour Tips” Tab, Parkours May Be Different, But There Are Some Shared Things In Parkours That You Can Write In The “Parkour Tips” Tab,

Thats All From My Resume, Peace :D
    CD87 said:

Position applying: Chief Editor
    Wiki username: CD87
    I've been active on wiki since the day it was released, until the whole "free to contribute without approval" thing made it really messy. At that time, I made over 50 pages, but mostly they were material pages because it was hard to get a page approved.
    I used to edit and create a lot in a few other games' wikis in the past, so I think I have enough experence to take the role, even though I'm not really familiar with PHP code.
    I'm planning to continue devoting more material pages that are still missing, and of course, a few big ones such as game features (Parkour, Pvp), guides and wiki re-arrangement (The last one is optional, as I haven't studied it really throughly yet.

-----
    (Not related to the application, just a normal comment about this thread)
    Good to hear that the wiki is back in action!
    The solution is great to solve the spam problem, but don't you think there will be a shortage of editors?

CD87 Is One Of The Best Parkour Players In Cc, Period. He Even Helped Me To Build My Parkour! He Teached Me Some Valuable Lessons About Preventing Shortcuts, And How To Make A Good Parkour,

Go CD87
  • Applying For Editor

I Would Like To Add A “List Of Good Realm’s” Tab, Because Sometimes, When You have No Projects To Do In Cc, You Have Some Time To Kill, This List Will Help Players To Find Some Good Realms To Play In,

And I Would Like To Add A “Parkour Tips” Tab, Parkours May Be Different, But There Are Some Shared Things In Parkours That You Can Write In The “Parkour Tips” Tab,

CD87 said:

I've been active on wiki since the day it was released, until the whole "free to contribute without approval" thing made it really messy. At that time, I made over 50 pages, but mostly they were material pages because it was hard to get a page approved.
    I used to edit and create a lot in a few other games' wikis in the past, so I think I have enough experence to take the role, even though I'm not really familiar with PHP code.
    I'm planning to continue devoting more material pages that are still missing, and of course, a few big ones such as game features (Parkour, Pvp), guides and wiki re-arrangement (The last one is optional, as I haven't studied it really throughly yet.

-----
    The solution is great to solve the spam problem, but don't you think there will be a shortage of editors?

CD87 Is One Of The Best Parkour Players In Cc, Period. He Even Helped Me To Build My Parkour! He Teached Me Some Valuable Lessons About Preventing Shortcuts, And How To Make A Good Parkour,

Go CD87
    DIMAS!!!!! You can't post 2 messages one after another!!! It is against the rules! Edit the first one to add text! You can be warned for this.

• CosmicSnailCosmicSnail Member
    edited April 2018

Applying For Editor

CD87 said:

-----

Go CD87
    DIMAS!!!!! You can't post 2 messages one after another!!! It is against the rules! Edit the first one to add text! You can be warned for this.

Don't be a mini mod you yourself can be warned for it. Let forums mods others take care of it. Anyways....

▪I am applying for editor.
    ▪ I do not have any experience with the Mediawiki software but will learn as fast as possible.
    ▪ My plans on the wiki are adding as quickly as possible the items that have come out. Because I have just recently checked it and there is no data for new items.
    ▪Name is CosmicSnail

Hope I make the team!
    edited April 2018

Applying For Editor

CD87 said:

-----

Go CD87

Don't be a mini mod you yourself can be warned for it. Let forums mods others take care of it. Anyways....

▪I am applying for editor.
    ▪ I do not have any experience with the Mediawiki software but will learn as fast as possible.
    ▪ My plans on the wiki are adding as quickly as possible the items that have come out. Because I have just recently checked it and there is no data for new items.
    ▪Name is CosmicSnail

Hope I make the team!
    I am not mini mod. The only thing i did is that i warned him. I personally received a warning for posting like this, and from then I'm much more careful. Just wanted to help him. Anyways.. if it is not permitted, i will stop. But now, YOU were a mini mod. I gave someone advice, but you actually warned me and gave me advice. So, we all do so.
    Applications have been reviewed.
    Please remain on topic.
  • Sorry...
  • AllunarAllunar Member
    edited April 2018
    I actually spent a while trying to recover my old account but to no avail. I'm not going to apply yet as I really doubt my old account even had 50 comments despite it being easily over a month old but in time I'd love to help out with the wiki.

EDIT: Seriously, really I have no idea what my old account was called, like I tried everything.
  • lucaaa795 said:

I actually spent a while trying to recover my old account but to no avail. I'm not going to apply yet as I really doubt my old account even had 50 comments despite it being easily over a month old but in time I'd love to help out with the wiki.

EDIT: Seriously, really I have no idea what my old account was called, like I tried everything.

go on a wiki post that you remember you edited.
    next look at editing history and look for ur name. any minor edits are recorded
    The only thing I remember editing was Dread's page on the wiki, though it wasn't approved as it should be left to Dread to do it.
  • I would like to apply for a Chief Editor. I have edited and created many pages. I am currently an editor. I would like to become a Chief Editor because I would like to over see what other's have done (on wiki). Is it appropriate? Is it on topic? That is why I would like to become a Chief Editor.
This discussion has been closed.