Thank You Devs

edited March 2018 in Off-Topic
Thank you for working hard and addressing part of the issue. It means a lot to me and other.

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    ^
    This.
    There is absolutely no reason why a few cheating players should get to have all of the eggs, while the honest players are left with scraps.

There are people who are purposefully breaking the rules in order to get rich, and IT IS WORKING. They are getting hundreds of eggs, making dozens of pows, selling pows and extra eggs.
    They are making anywhere from 2-5k PER EGG, just because they have them while honest players do not.
    These cheating players get to have dozens of pow gifts, thousands of cubits, and all the power they want during this event.

The honest players?
    We get an egg. Maybe two. For an hour of searching.

If we want a pow? Should expect to spend 15-20k completing a set.

I realize that you devs are probably busy planning future updates, but isn't it just a little important to maintain previous updates as well? To make sure everything balances out? (ALSO HEAVY SARCASM ON 'A LITTLE'. ITS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT.)

Honesty gets you dirt poor.
    Cheating gets you filthy rich.
    Seems incredibly balanced (more sarcasm).
    Hopefully this is your April Fool's joke for this year, cuz I'm just about done with talking about this seriously and having no one with the power to change it actually give a crap.
  • I agree with everything you said @AshiMagari except, “15-20K completing a set”. I’ve made pows with around 3K cubits from buying only base eggs.
  • ^
    This.
    There is absolutely no reason why a few cheating players should get to have all of the eggs, while the honest players are left with scraps.

There are people who are purposefully breaking the rules in order to get rich, and IT IS WORKING. They are getting hundreds of eggs, making dozens of pows, selling pows and extra eggs.
    They are making anywhere from 2-5k PER EGG, just because they have them while honest players do not.
    These cheating players get to have dozens of pow gifts, thousands of cubits, and all the power they want during this event.

The honest players?
    We get an egg. Maybe two. For an hour of searching.

If we want a pow? Should expect to spend 15-20k completing a set.

I realize that you devs are probably busy planning future updates, but isn't it just a little important to maintain previous updates as well? To make sure everything balances out? (ALSO HEAVY SARCASM ON 'A LITTLE'. ITS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT.)

Honesty gets you dirt poor.
    Cheating gets you filthy rich.
    Seems incredibly balanced (more sarcasm).
    Hopefully this is your April Fool's joke for this year, cuz I'm just about done with talking about this seriously and having no one with the power to change it actually give a crap.

All hail the queen. @AshiMagari
  • I have to disagree with "getting an egg or two after an hour of searching". If that is happening, then you aren't using a focused search strategy or technique.

There are techniques to find eggs (although they are quite tedious). Basically, if you sweep the outer rows of an empty mine for two concentric circles, you should be able to gather 3-4 eggs...and it takes about 5-10 minutes. It's boring and tedious...but you can easily gather about 12-20 eggs an hour (taking into account the time for changing mines and getting from the entrance to the edge). It would still take 5-6 hours of focused searching to get about a 100 eggs, but it's much less dire than you describe.

So, if you are just randomly running around 'hoping' to stumble on an egg, then I'd agree that you might be doing good to find one an hour. But there are techniques (that have been posted to the forums and provided in the videos) that aren't cheating where you can increase your odds for 'stumbling' on them. They aren't necessarily fun techniques either, but they are available to anyone who is willing to do them.

This also doesn't mean that those that are hacking the files to make the eggs appear should be given a pass either. I happen to agree the search radius should be increased as even using the focused search techniques are quite boring / tedious making the 'hunt' less of a hunt and more of a monotonous process.
  • I am one of the people who sweeps a mine with a careful strategy starting from the outer doing three spaces between each row and it only helps to a degree with the largest problem being the rarer eggs/people who tp in and start hunting. That is not the point of this topic and I would like to keep it on topic which is that the devs need to act.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    @SirKewberth @CosmicCow I haven’t seen anyone that disagrees..
  • U said:

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow I haven’t seen anyone that disagrees..

Pretty much. Some disagree on a few minor details but yea we are all in favor of the idea.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    b3achy said:

I have to disagree with "getting an egg or two after an hour of searching". If that is happening, then you aren't using a focused search strategy or technique.

I do have notoriously bad luck xD
    But either way, whether it's 2 eggs an hour or 12, them cheaters shouldn't be getting 200 lol.

I've tried the "around the edges" thing, but I'll have to check out your tutorial on it to see if there's a better way. Thx for the heads up :D

• b3achyb3achy Member
    edited March 2018

b3achy said:

I have to disagree with "getting an egg or two after an hour of searching". If that is happening, then you aren't using a focused search strategy or technique.

But either way, whether it's 2 eggs an hour or 12, them cheaters shouldn't be getting 200 lol.

I've tried the "around the edges" thing, but I'll have to check out your tutorial on it to see if there's a better way. Thx for the heads up :D

Joy had the best video on how to hunt...check out their video (at this link) at about the 2:30 mark as they show a solid hunting strategy // I've modified it slightly that I do the three block from the edge all the way around the outer edge of a realm on all four sides before switching to going the 5 blocks in (ie, concentric circles). Usually two circles nets me about 3-4 eggs and takes ~5-7 minutes if I don't get distracted with mining some ores.

I felt I needed to comment too because if we exaggerate how hard it is to find the eggs, then the devs might just roll their eyes and think it's those that aren't using a systematic method (or those who want it to be too easy) that are complaining and would more likely not consider doing anything differently because they wanted some real effort to be put into the hunting of eggs since the pows probably have some amazing things in them.

I also don't want those of us that are actually hunting and putting in many hours of tedious hard work, but have a better technique than just randomly jumping around, getting lumped in with those that are actually using a hack such as changing the texture packs to make them easier to see. BTW, if the eggs are made more visible (whether increasing the range or just making them all visible to level the playing field with those using a texture hack), those diligently using successful search techniques (though the techniques may change if all the eggs are visible) are going to be getting even more eggs than those just randomly jumping around, or doing the technique once or twice and throwing up up their hands and claiming it's too hard. Those people aren't cheating, they are just being smarter about how to find/collect eggs.

But yes, it would be nice to hear if the devs are going to change anything if the texture packs can be modified and provide an advantage to those that are doing that type of hack.
  • Noent said:

They maybe made it hard because there might be something special inside those pows who knows...

that is what I think. but we will play by the rules while the cheaters and hackers get away with the loot
  • +1 this is so unfair!
    Just let the good players do it the hard way and make the bad players (cheaters) just get a huge advantage! Unbelievable
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited March 2018
    Do you have an example of someone cheating with the current game? It has not been reported to me and making textures transparent should have zero impact on egg visibility. Are you SURE people are actually cheating or are you somehow basing this on assumptions from last year? Because I have gone over all the logic and no matter what you do to a texture, I see no way the eggs will show up unless you are close. The whole point of this was to STOP cheating. @-GreyCoralKing-

+1 this is so unfair!
    Just let the good players do it the hard way and make the bad players (cheaters) just get a huge advantage! Unbelievable

Seriously, iCantiWill. Do you actually think we would purposely allow cheaters to profit without caring?
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited March 2018
    CosmicCow said:

Do you have an example of someone cheating with the current game? It has not been reported to me and making textures transparent should have zero impact on egg visibility. Are you SURE people are actually cheating or are you somehow basing this on assumptions from last year? Because I have gone over all the logic and no matter what you do to a texture, I see no way the eggs will show up unless you are close. The whole point of this was to STOP cheating. @-GreyCoralKing-

+1 this is so unfair!

Seriously, iCantiWill. Do you actually think we would purposely allow cheaters to profit without caring?
    It’s been almost a week, i’m not saying that you don’t care about it, but there is a simple solution!
    lucaaa795 said:

we could have the radius extended though with or without existent cheaters

There it is.

Plus i’m quite sure i’m not the only one here saying that cheaters got a huge advantage ;)
    You know this is another thread, there is the previous one with everyone saying the same thing i said

Also, good hunter or not it is impossible to sell eggs in bulks, i have seen people selling eggs in bulks (20 i would say) and then refilling them! How is that possible?
    edited March 2018
    The "cheat" you are referring to, at least to my knowledge, does not exist. I believe you are mistakenly under the impression that making textures transparent will show the eggs from a longer distance. We will most certainly stop and ban if there actually is a cheat. Nobody has reported it.

EDIT: Furthermore, extending the radius allows for transparent textures to be MORE effective. So by extending the radius, it benefits people who would modify the textures.
  • Maybe still 1.5 block spaces,but make one realm have 4-7 eggs at least
  • LateCom said:

why not make it visible, but lessen the spawn rate?

Because if it is visible, all you have to do is make the game's textures semi-transparent, and you can then see all the eggs in a realm. We could encrypt the textures, but that is usually an arms race that the developer loses.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited March 2018
    Well.. we added the radius to prevent cheaters. Of course that makes it harder for everyone, but I think it's better to have a fair difficult contest than an unfair easier one. With regards to there being a cheat this year we are currently not aware of any easy way. If someone knows a way then PM us and we'll attempt to fix it if it's possible.

Now is the radius too short? Well... Maybe it's a little on the short side, so we may increase it a tad as part of the other updates we're doing, since we're rolling out bug-fixes at this time. So, time permitting you may see some small range increases before the end of the contest, but no promises since we have to fit it in with the other work already underway.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If we do it probably not 5.. but maybe 3 to 4...
    edited March 2018
    I think somehow, somebody got it in their head that it worked like last year with modding textures and cheaters had an advantage. I know how it works internally and it would be very difficult to make a cheat. That's why I am skeptical.
  • At least something should changes,expect it ! Thanks for your Answer
  • Thanks for the responses @CosmicCow and @SirKewberth !! Glad to hear the hack is just urban legend and not really possible. {With so many people claiming it was possible, I was beginning to get sucked into believing it myself - thanks for setting us straight!!}

As one of the diligent hunters, I would still love to see a slight expansion as when I have to jump over a bush or tree or a block or two of terrain, I am pretty sure I'm probably missing some eggs that I'm walking past. ~2.5-3 block range would greatly help in this situation as often I'm typically jumping up two blocks due to the obstacle (be it terrain or trees). Thanks for listening to all the comments and providing input!
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    b3achy said:

As one of the diligent hunters, I would still love to see a slight expansion as when I have to jump over a bush or tree or a block or two of terrain, I am pretty sure I'm probably missing some eggs that I'm walking past.

I think about this myself every time I jump over something in my set path haha I try to go around objects if possible rather than jump.
  • I have had multiple individuals show me that they were using some form of method that they would not tell me. They were able to consistently go to eggs without fail without searching. I don't think they are going to give me the information as to how they are cheating especially seeing as I am trying to stop them lol.
  • Something I would like to point out is how are we supposed to report a cheating method if we aren’t aware of how it’s done?

I fully understand where Cosmic is coming from but at the same time, someone who is cheating doesn’t usually tell their method of doing so and we’re being asked to send one of the devs a pm regarding the method which doesn’t connect in my point of view.
  • b3achy said:

b3achy said:

Joy had the best video on how to hunt...check out their video (at this link) at about the 2:30 mark as they show a solid hunting strategy // I've modified it slightly that I do the three block from the edge all the way around the outer edge of a realm on all four sides before switching to going the 5 blocks in (ie, concentric circles). Usually two circles nets me about 3-4 eggs and takes ~5-7 minutes if I don't get distracted with mining some ores.

I felt I needed to comment too because if we exaggerate how hard it is to find the eggs, then the devs might just roll their eyes and think it's those that aren't using a systematic method (or those who want it to be too easy) that are complaining and would more likely not consider doing anything differently because they wanted some real effort to be put into the hunting of eggs since the pows probably have some amazing things in them.

I also don't want those of us that are actually hunting and putting in many hours of tedious hard work, but have a better technique than just randomly jumping around, getting lumped in with those that are actually using a hack such as changing the texture packs to make them easier to see. BTW, if the eggs are made more visible (whether increasing the range or just making them all visible to level the playing field with those using a texture hack), those diligently using successful search techniques (though the techniques may change if all the eggs are visible) are going to be getting even more eggs than those just randomly jumping around, or doing the technique once or twice and throwing up up their hands and claiming it's too hard. Those people aren't cheating, they are just being smarter about how to find/collect eggs.

But yes, it would be nice to hear if the devs are going to change anything if the texture packs can be modified and provide an advantage to those that are doing that type of hack.
    Wait a minute... Joystick has a video on it, and didn't add my name in it???? I told HIM to do that, and he told me I'M WRONG! Joystick Ima gonna kill you!!!! Jk. Just so people know, I told Joystick this, and after I saw him doing the lines, I said "I told you so", and he agreed. just saying, MY IDEA! I still appreciate what Joystick is doing, just acknowledging me would be great :P
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    It would be nice if pets could alert you as they do for arts :3
  • My friend,tryed a lot make eggs visibility,he is good,but when he enter in game settings,he see need some program,called charles proxy pro,it is harder to work as cheat engine ... should fix this charles proxy thing ;-;
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember

My friend,tryed a lot make eggs visibility,he is good,but when he enter in game settings,he see need some program,called charles proxy pro,it is harder to work as cheat engine ... should fix this charles proxy thing ;-;

Charles Proxy is a HTTP request monitor. (according to their site) Cubic Castles doesn't send HTTP requests for every action you make in the game.
  • hmm,so idk what program he sayid ,but he go try cheat it more,I think he can't XD
  • It would be nice if pets could alert you as they do for arts :3

I've been thinking something similar...if the eggs could appear further out depending on the level of your pet that is with you.
This discussion has been closed.