Blueprints

If you build a lot you are probably sick of building multiple structures over and over. Forests as an example. You have to build every tree block by block and its very time consuming especially if you love detailing.
So what I thought of is if we could possibly have a blueprints pack that would work like this:

-Once you buy it you receive 8 marker blocks and a Blueprint Bumper.
-When you have a structure done you can use the 8 markers to form a cube around the structure.
-Once the markers are placed you could place down the bumper and bump it. A menu would pop up asking how many blueprints do you wish to make.
-Now that we have the blueprints and we want to use them how would it work? Well what I had in my mind is that we would have a preview of the building when we place the blueprint, something transparent.
-To complete the copy you would have to put the materials in the blueprint and boom.

This way we could both save a LOT of time and also be able to sell blueprints. Now yeah I realize that people could scam that way so I suppose a preview thing would be necessary to see what blocks the blueprint requires. I didnt spent much time to think of the flaws of blueprints but if you like this idea and want to help comment some flaws and solutions you can think of, or even ways to improve this system.

Comments

• I am a hundred percent for this idea! Other games like creativerse have blue print modes and this is needed for CC to help take the load off builders plus encourage new builders! Everything introduced nearly has had a counter group who thought it would be used for scams. Like hidey bumpers, wow do any of you remember the big hoo hah that surrounded it and how it would be used for scamming. I think features need to be added and fine tuned according to the situation. Not just throw it in the trash as not viable.
  • As such a copy and paste? If yes then +9999
  • +10
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +1
  • YEEEEEEESSSSSS PLZ I WANT THIS!!! +1 :D
  • +(8x8x8x88x888)
  • +1 I need this in my life
  • Yes yes, especially when making the same houses over and over again. Good for making a village.
    +1
  • +1 This would be amazing if it was implemented.
  • +1 yess
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The problem I see is if say somebody built something innapropiate and made a blueprint of it. Then they could go trade with people and stick it in the register making people see it, if infact a preview would pop up. Then they could close it after a few seconds and walk away to find somebody else to troll, without anyone having any proof since it’s just a blue print in their inventory. Although it’s hard to build something that innapropiate. I personally think they should be untradeable, and I would love it.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    But how would you place the blueprint again? Because if you have to make another border for it then its only more work
  • U said:

The problem I see is if say somebody built something innapropiate and made a blueprint of it. Then they could go trade with people and stick it in the register making people see it, if infact a preview would pop up. Then they could close it after a few seconds and walk away to find somebody else to troll, without anyone having any proof since it’s just a blue print in their inventory. Although it’s hard to build something that innapropiate. I personally think they should be untradeable, and I would love it.

Every blueprint could be given a 4 letter ID or a name.

But how would you place the blueprint again? Because if you have to make another border for it then its only more work

A transparent preview will pop up or something like Ed suggested
    Ed said:

-Now that we have the blueprints and we want to use them how would it work? Well what I had in my mind is that we would have a preview of the building when we place the blueprint, something transparent.
    -To complete the copy you would have to put the materials in the blueprint and boom.

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

U said:

Every blueprint could be given a 4 letter ID or a name.

A transparent preview will pop up or something like Ed suggested
    Ed said:

Ah okay, didnt look right then xD thnx
  • edited March 2018
    I'm not one for building, so I would probably not have a use for these, but they might help others so +1
  • +1
  • jim04jim04 Member
    +1 it would be so much quicker to build but it should only contain basic structures so that builders still get credit for their work
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We already had this design for a while. Almost identical to your design. I think I even described it to a few players long ago... So it is something we considered doing.
  • If u considered it, perhaps it is now time to incorporate into da game! :D
  • Yeeeeeessss ++++++11111111

Yeeesssss

Please

+1
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator

We already had this design for a while. Almost identical to your design. I think I even described it to a few players long ago... So it is something we considered doing.

If u considered it, perhaps it is now time to incorporate into da game! :D

I feel like tweaking and fixing should still be the main priority before adding any new features but yeah thats awesome to hear that its already been considered.
  • I KEPT MY MOUTH QUIET I DID NOT SPILL THE BEANS!
  • DafniDafni Member
    Very cool, a bit confusing to read but I am not a good reader lol.
    +1 :)
  • +1 and u can trade the blueprints so other ppl can try to build ur thing
  • ValyreenaValyreena Member
    edited March 2018
    +1 this will be very usefull! Just wish everyone feels the same
  • #BuildsFirst!
  • My idea includes your idea