Is CC really dying?

Many people are saying CC is dying, and I think nowadays there are way less players from back then, so what do you think? Btw, this is kind of like a opinion poll, so please don't get mad over a question and just either answer it or don't.

Comments

• LiteRary said:

Hm, true answer is "no". Developers doing their best for us. l'm sure game will be better with every single new features.

Thanks for your opinion.

• Well thanks MGN.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited February 2018
    the amount of players online is still standard (800-1k)
    in my opinion, i think cc is fine
  • Piratax10 said:

the amount of players online is still standard (800-1k)
    in my opinion, i think cc is fine

Idk why but on android it once said it had over 500k downloads, that's probably not true tho
  • CC by no means is dying it is only flourishing. People do not cope with change and when change happens they reflect on the "old days" that then brings forth conclusions built nothing more on sand. Do players quit all the time? Yes but that is a natural cycle of any game, CC is going to have a high rate of players who quit because many of the players start playing at an early age like say around fifteen then in two to three years massive changes begin in their life like college. It is important to remember that just as many players are picking up the game if not more than those who quit.

I know for a fact CC is growing, when I first began playing the player base was so small you essentially knew everyone almost. CC has grown to the point that I am meeting new people all the time. Update side..pft back then we rarely got updates and the updates were small. You did not have Thanksgiving, Summer Bummer, and April Fools. There was not even a lobby with the overworld being the only way to access creations. This game has come so far and it is going to keep going far if the devs keep up the work.
  • CC by no means is dying it is only flourishing. People do not cope with change and when change happens they reflect on the "old days" that then brings forth conclusions built nothing more on sand. Do players quit all the time? Yes but that is a natural cycle of any game, CC is going to have a high rate of players who quit because many of the players start playing at an early age like say around fifteen then in two to three years massive changes begin in their life like college. It is important to remember that just as many players are picking up the game if not more than those who quit.

I know for a fact CC is growing, when I first began playing the player base was so small you essentially knew everyone almost. CC has grown to the point that I am meeting new people all the time. Update side..pft back then we rarely got updates and the updates were small. You did not have Thanksgiving, Summer Bummer, and April Fools. There was not even a lobby with the overworld being the only way to access creations. This game has come so far and it is going to keep going far if the devs keep up the work.

+1 I argee with everything Grey has said ❤
  • Realistically it's not dying but it's not growing either. It's not a bad game it's just average. With tough competition for CC out there it is not the one with any form of innovation which is sad because it could be an amazing game.
  • To call this game average...lol. This game is free and keeps people playing it for years while forty to sixty dollar games people play for an average of 100 hours then forget about. This game is what you make it and it is free!
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited February 2018
    Cubic Castles is not dying, and creating threads like this will make people think it's bad. Then it will "die". Please do not make threads like this, I like CC.
  • People who play just kinda get bored over time. It has existed for 4 years. New people start playing, and replace old members
  • cc will never die
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

To call this game average...lol. This game is free and keeps people playing it for years while forty to sixty dollar games people play for an average of 100 hours then forget about. This game is what you make it and it is free!

A thousand plus dollars for some.. lol
  • U said:

To call this game average...lol. This game is free and keeps people playing it for years while forty to sixty dollar games people play for an average of 100 hours then forget about. This game is what you make it and it is free!

A thousand plus dollars for some.. lol
    Damn I'm prob about £400
  • Well, I wouldn't say it's dying but I would say it isn't growing in the community. Mainly because I just see the same players in the lobby and in pens yard rental. The new players are barely noticeable and aren't much out because they are either doing something in their realm or out mining in the over world. For me, the only times I meet new players were in mines. I would say the cc community is getting smaller and getting bigger with poor people. Basically, billyboo in the olden days had like a full party around him in his clan room, nowadays, it's only 3 - 6 which means a lot of the players from the past that knew billyboo have left. The cc community has gotten bigger with poor people due to rich people buying their own realms to make their own singe place. What I mean is, poor people are going out to pens yard rental more and some can't even afford wings, rich people however stay inside and make their own vend shops and never go out and even if they aren't, they would make their own realms to stay in and never go out to lobbies. For example, billyboo. Nowadays, he dosnt have any new people around him, only people from the past would know him and since he stays in his own realms, he isn't known by new people. Poor people are every where, does anyone else just hate it when you sell stuff at pens yard rental and people ask for the price and you tell them and then they leave? And that repeats like 10 more times, even if it's a wing that costs 80c. I believe that happens because everything depends on c and people aren't precise about their c, what I mean is to make c requires you to spend c, so basically, you can't spend an hour in mines and make something that will make you c. You would have to spent hours to mine for c. Also, people who go to pens yard rentals are most likely there to buy a rental and make c, not buy stuff. The worst thing about cc is honestly the economy, you offer some poor person 20c of a wing which would be 80c and they just leave, they rudely leave especially when you offer a bad price, most likely answer for a bad price is, Scammer, your overpricing, Instead of them telling you the correct price, they take stuff too big and call you a scammer and then they also leave. i know many people who go to mines and get magic dust or do mining to make something like fady foam and if there was something to actually make that will sell and at a decent price, they could always do that. I know that a lot will now reply with, you can always make roads and sell them, well, you need to find someone that's buying them at a decent price.
  • Cubic Castles is not dying, and creating threads like this will make people think it's bad. Then it will "die". Please do not make threads like this, I like CC.

I was only making this to get people's opinions, so please don't tell me what to do because I free to do whatever I want.

Cubic Castles is not dying, and creating threads like this will make people think it's bad. Then it will "die". Please do not make threads like this, I like CC.

I was only making this to get people's opinions, so please don't tell me what to do because I free to do whatever I want.

I agree that I don’t like seeing threads like this created, but I don’t think it will cause Cubic Castles to “die”. Although, multiple opinions have already been gathered.
  • =-D Some people have really loaded wallets and I need to rob them because like 400 dollars could buy me a lot of pizza and icecream. Then I could be bigger than a barn and play even more CC. No I can't get out of bed to fat :O: must play CC.
  • edited February 2018
    Hmm i think lvl 60 players tend to quit alot, so instead, ill create a 2nd account to play on when i get bored on my lvl 60 account. And i think cc might be getting more popular, just somepeople play at different times. The lobbys are much more full now. there used to only be 5 people in a lobby but now theres like 10 people in a lobby. (Theres 2 lobbys, theyre just the same blocks everywhere)

Hmm i think lvl 60 players tend to quit alot, so instead, ill create a 2nd account to play on when i get bored on my lvl 60 account. And i think cc might be getting more popular, just somepeople play at different times. The lobbys are much more full now. there used to only be 5 people in a lobby but now theres like 10 people in a lobby. (Theres 2 lobbys, theyre just the same blocks everywhere)

I did that and am on my third level 60, I think there should just be no level cap lol.
  • We have seen threads like this for years. The funny thing is, our number of users actually depends on the whim of google and the Play Store. Sometimes they send us a lot of players, and sometimes they don't. Right now they're not. It changes randomly.
  • I think how many players are present depends on the time during summer and winter breaks when schools let out for holiday there are many many many players on at one since the players are not involved with school.
  • I mean, I stopped playing xd.
    I don't see it dead. Well you know, all of my ***CLOSE*** friends don't play like ever anymore
  • CosmicCow said:

We have seen threads like this for years. The funny thing is, our number of users actually depends on the whim of google and the Play Store. Sometimes they send us a lot of players, and sometimes they don't. Right now they're not. It changes randomly.

I found the game on steam under free to play games then i found out that it wad on mobile as well
  • Actually, CC is not dying. It just need more improvements like in the play store and steam. They just need to update the official trailer and add more new pictures in it. But in the activeness of the players, CC is fine tho. Yes, there are plenty of new players are coming and start to be a newbie, but I prefer them to watch videos of some youtubers in CC to get tips and advice. We can also help them by inviting them to join the forum to get some tips and to join some events. But for those lvl 60 players, some are already bored and decided to quit. but CC is updating and making new levels for us. Just be patient and wait when CC will be ONE OF TOP GAMES and I hope so.
  • Many people are saying CC is dying, and I think nowadays there are way less players from back then, so what do you think? Btw, this is kind of like a opinion poll, so please don't get mad over a question and just either answer it or don't.

I'd love to get back into Cubic, but I'm not sure how. It is sorta dying, but I think it'll be boosted A LOT pretty soon.
  • Yes, I think Cubic Castles is dying. It is having a TON of unexpected errors on my end. And, its taking longer for Cosmic Cow to fix them. Normal for me its 30min to 1hr. Now its been a day.
  • CosmicCow said:

We have seen threads like this for years. The funny thing is, our number of users actually depends on the whim of google and the Play Store. Sometimes they send us a lot of players, and sometimes they don't. Right now they're not. It changes randomly.

It boggles my mind that Growtopia and other 2D games have so many. As a developer, do you have any idea why this is?

Does it have to do with performance on low-end devices?
    It can have numerous reasons,
    growtopia may have easier controls, better marketing, easier access to realms and stuff, less scammers.

CC is all about cubits, u cant do alot if you don't have them, u need cubits for realms/rooms, for farming for cool clothes. and if u are new/noob its likely harder to play then growtopia. (not that i play growtopia, it looks to stupid for me)

maybe a better tutorial, when i first started playing at least I didn't know a lot, and the betamax awesomeness was forgotten for a long time to me.
  • epieownz said:

CosmicCow said:

It boggles my mind that Growtopia and other 2D games have so many. As a developer, do you have any idea why this is?

growtopia may have easier controls, better marketing, easier access to realms and stuff, less scammers.

CC is all about cubits, u cant do alot if you don't have them, u need cubits for realms/rooms, for farming for cool clothes. and if u are new/noob its likely harder to play then growtopia. (not that i play growtopia, it looks to stupid for me)

maybe a better tutorial, when i first started playing at least I didn't know a lot, and the betamax awesomeness was forgotten for a long time to me.
    honestly, growtopia is way harder then cc in my opinion, locking your world, getting your first world locks (requires some grinding) and the way you promote your world are examples of things you do differently on cc and are way easier
  • Piratax10 said:

epieownz said:

CosmicCow said:

honestly, growtopia is way harder then cc in my opinion, locking your world, getting your first world locks (requires some grinding) and the way you promote your world are examples of things you do differently on cc and are way easier
    No, Cc is harder. When you get on growtopia, you can enter worlds that give unbelievable prizes and are on featured and cc is a lot about scamming and there are so many scammer. Growtopia, not so much and games can be runner by no one in growtopia. This would make great work for quiz stuff and most aren't silly questions. For example, true or false games in cc or quiz games, questions I've heard from other players hosting them were Am I a noob? We all say no cause he is like a level 40 but then it turns out the answer was yes. That's a stupid question while as growtopia is more history with questions such as When was the maximum machine gun made? That's an actual question we can search up or know. We can't search up if someone is a noob and we don't know they're a noob because we dont know them or how they play. Yes a cc world can buy portals and give them passwords with signs asking the questions and the passwords as the answers but those won't be featured because there's no feature list. They have to be hollad or have lots of players in them with a correct leading name. For example, a world could be called shop but really be a quiz but was just called shop because the owner wanted to make it a shop first but didn't know how to change its name. Now hollas, it's already bad enough the owner has to give away something and buy portals and passwords but now you want them to spend 2k c to just get players?
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited February 2018

Piratax10 said:

epieownz said:

CosmicCow said:

No, Cc is harder. When you get on growtopia, you can enter worlds that give unbelievable prizes and are on featured and cc is a lot about scamming and there are so many scammer. Growtopia, not so much and games can be runner by no one in growtopia. This would make great work for quiz stuff and most aren't silly questions. For example, true or false games in cc or quiz games, questions I've heard from other players hosting them were Am I a noob? We all say no cause he is like a level 40 but then it turns out the answer was yes. That's a stupid question while as growtopia is more history with questions such as When was the maximum machine gun made? That's an actual question we can search up or know. We can't search up if someone is a noob and we don't know they're a noob because we dont know them or how they play. Yes a cc world can buy portals and give them passwords with signs asking the questions and the passwords as the answers but those won't be featured because there's no feature list. They have to be hollad or have lots of players in them with a correct leading name. For example, a world could be called shop but really be a quiz but was just called shop because the owner wanted to make it a shop first but didn't know how to change its name. Now hollas, it's already bad enough the owner has to give away something and buy portals and passwords but now you want them to spend 2k c to just get players?
    the only thing you said here that makes sence is the holla fee, and the amount of "giveaways"
    but "scammers, quizzes, community" wont make an entire game harder or easier...

well, community may help you if it is good, but still, this does not affect the game difficulty