Item Plaque's - A New way to display items

BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
edited February 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
It's not a unique idea, and many of you will go "Minecraft!" or "So and so game!", but this would be an awesome addition to CC. Specially for most players whom have highly organized and possibly large storage rooms.

I Would like to Suggest adding... "Item Plaque's"

"What is it?"
Simply a sign type of item, that displays an image of any item from within the game.

"How do you propose that would work?"
Well the idea is to have a "blank" plaque that you pop into a crafting bench. Add the desired item, hit craft, and PRESTO! You have..
eg: "Red dye Plaque"

Imagine using these to visually indicate what is inside each chest!

What are your thoughts on this, my fellow Qbee's?

Comments

• +1 this could help a lot
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited February 2018
    +1 nice idea noo darkness stole my first seat X0
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    I like it +1
  • +1

Right now, I'm just putting item inside a glass at the top of my cabinets to indicate which cabinet stores what. This idea will really help alot
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Would like to have this +1

And since you suggested it, im sure it will get added :p
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Knyze said:

Right now, I'm just putting item inside a glass at the top of my cabinets to indicate which cabinet stores what. This idea will really help alot

I Also glass items to help indicate what chests contain what, then add signs as a secondary marker. Glassed items just seems so.. messy though. I Hate seeing so many items bobbing up and down in a storage/workshop.

Plaques just feel more visually appealing and organized.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    I have been doing the same thing as well for at least a year or two now.
    I would love to see these plaques, or something similar, as it would totally help in regards to organizing. C:
    +1 from me!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Sheesh guys just learn your loot rooms lol. No glass or signs for me. Just memory.

Yeah I like the idea tho. the assets are there. The use of the coffee sign (i guess without the coffee cup on) with whatever the item icon you place/craft with it.
  • Yes, it would be awesome to have this for other purposes as well. In shops or in storages, so +1
  • Wow thats a good idea! It would also work with shops, like you could display your items in the block. But the question is, canyou get the item OUT?
    edited February 2018

...But the question is, can you get the item OUT?

Yeah i thought about adding that to the original post, but I kinda realized that i'm personally happy either way if one can or cannot. But sort of leaning towards "cannot".
    I Don't think "uncrafting" has ever been done before in CC.

If it was ever to be added, It would be something the devs would work out. We can only share our opinion on the matter.
    lucaaa795 said:

or what about a plaque with an UI pop-up that has a tab in which you can place one item and it will be shown just like in the recent added cabinet thingy?

Ahh.. like a mannequin? Would be more optimal.
  • I don't use storage rooms but it will be a really cool idea for people that have a lot of items and the the signs so I would give it a +1. But there are quite a lot of items in the game so it would be hard to make.
    _Elf said:

...there are quite a lot of items in the game so it would be hard to make.

Not sure about the technicalities, but item icons already exist. Surely they could be used in conjunction.
  • BJDware said:

_Elf said:

...there are quite a lot of items in the game so it would be hard to make.

Not sure about the technicalities, but item icons already exist. Surely they could be used in conjunction.
    Alright cool. I wasn't doubting the idea I love it I was just saying :)
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited February 2018
    +1 Love the idea as just regular signs with writing doesn't really help because I have to get the pop up to come up. Would love something that would be visual only but doesn't require floating items above my crates/chests/cabinets.

However, I'd like to add...could we get multiple sign textures? Clearly wooden signs would be one texture (the default to have). Would also love stone signs, and sandstone signs, or at least official signs (black, red and/or green) too. I'm all about aesthetics and sometimes wood signs are just so informal for the realm build/design.
  • +1 Why not!

I would like to add it be nice if we could place our friends on a workbench then fuse their soul to a sign. That way my friends could never ever leave me...ever. I could keep a collection of my friends souls forever and ever.

...I would like to add it be nice if we could place our friends on a workbench then fuse their soul to a sign. That way my friends could never ever leave me...ever. I could keep a collection of my friends souls forever and ever.

I'd rather keep yours in a glass jar so i can watch it flutter around >:3
    b3achy said:

...However, I'd like to add...could we get multiple sign textures? Clearly wooden signs would be one texture (the default to have). Would also love stone signs, and sandstone signs, or at least official signs (black, red and/or green) too. I'm all about aesthetics and sometimes wood signs are just so informal for the realm build/design.

Most definitely! More variations the better!
  • edited February 2018
    BJDware said:

...But the question is, can you get the item OUT?

Yeah i thought about adding that to the original post, but I kinda realized that i'm personally happy either way if one can or cannot. But sort of leaning towards "cannot".
    I Don't think "uncrafting" has ever been done before in CC.

If it was ever to be added, It would be something the devs would work out. We can only share our opinion on the matter.
    Haha you or i should make a discussion about that xd also, i meant like of you break it, it goes to the normal plaque and the item drops out

Haha you or i should make a discussion about that xd also, i meant like of you break it, it goes to the normal plaque and the item drops out

Yeah there are a few ways it could work. I kinda like that idea though. Much more simple. though id imagine people might get annoyed over it constantly popping out lol.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    My question is, what happens when somebody wants a ram sign? They have to spend a million cubits to make them?
    U said:

My question is, what happens when somebody wants a ram sign? They have to spend a million cubits to make them?

The point is to make a sign by combining an item with a plaque. So, yes, if that is what a player chooses to do.

Then again, if such an item was added to the game, who knows how the developers will design the mechanics.
  • +1 nothing to say :D
    BJDware said:

U said:

The point is to make a sign by combining an item with a plaque. So, yes, if that is what a player chooses to do.

Then again, if such an item was added to the game, who knows how the developers will design the mechanics.
    -1 then, players with ram signs can easily sell them 10k each if that’s what everyone with a ram does. Also, what happens when people start the “Can I borrow your krampus to craft some krampus’ signs since I’m too poor to afford one”? I actually like the idea for the signs, but I think their needs to be a different way to craft them.
  • lucaaa795 said:

U said:

BJDware said:

U said:

-1 then, players with ram signs can easily sell them 10k each if that’s what everyone with a ram does. Also, what happens when people start the “Can I borrow your krampus to craft some krampus’ signs since I’m too poor to afford one”? I actually like the idea for the signs, but I think their needs to be a different way to craft them.
    Nobody would waste up to 900k to create a goddamned sign .
    As for the people and the borrowing, it will not happen i mean the item they will use in crafting will be gone.
    How about if it used the actual item instead of creating a sign and you keep the original item? This way people wouldnt be able to sell loads of lets say ramm signs and profit off them
  • An organized freak like me needs this.

There's no stopping me making my storage room cleaner and more organized!
    Either way, I still am aggainst it using the actual item because nobody wants to pay 100k-1 million cubits just to make certain signs.. (Depending on the item)
  • U said:

Either way, I still am aggainst it using the actual item because nobody wants to pay 100k-1 million cubits just to make certain signs.. (Depending on the item)

True