Give me tips on how to be a good clan leader, PLEASE XD

So, I already made a huge mistake managing my clan, which is not having set up the rules room.... :/

That’s why I need your advice how to run a clan, especially from those who are experienced clan leaders (like a month’s experience)

I already have these set rules for myself in mind:

- Don’t be a jerk, don’t fullcaps yell at people
- Be respectful, fair, and kind
- Treat members like they’re welcome! :3
- Make every room a scam-proof room
- Reward your members for their hard work!
- Host some fun every now and then, make events!

Teach me, masters. What other things do I have to keep in mind?

Comments

• edited February 2018

So, I already made a huge mistake managing my clan, which is not having set up the rules room.... :/

That’s why I need your advice how to run a clan, especially from those who are experienced clan leaders (like a month’s experience)

I would say only recruit a handful of good people. If you have to have lots of rules you have the wrong people.

Also, create a brand, it will help you get the right kinda people.
    How you do make a brand? Please elaborate.

Also, I’m recruiting kids (age 11 and below) who are miner but I have alternate rules for them. They can only take jobs from leaders [don’t worry they will still have enough jobs, this is to protect them from customers who can be bullies] they are excused from the rule that you need to mine 7K a week instead they promise to mine as much as they can, they are only required to work on weekends but they have to sell the resources by Monday.

Is this a bad idea?
  • I might have a few tips too.
    Don't force your members too hard (It might cause them to leave). And never forget to stay alert, anything can happen. If your members ask for sick days off, it'd be best to give them. I dont know if this helps, but I hope it does.
  • edited February 2018
    Here are my tips to being a good clan leader
    • Be nice to you fellow clan members
    • Don't leave your clan so other people are left with nothing
    • Make sure to keep up to date with it and rank people if needed
    • You don't have to do giveaways but try to keep you clan member happy and entertained in your clan eg. events, parkour
    • Make sure to level your clan regularly
    • Get your clan members to get more members and so on..
    Hope this helped :)
  • One question for people potentially wanting to join - what about people that are aged 12+?
  • So, I already made a huge mistake managing my clan, which is not having set up the rules room.... :/

I would say only recruit a handful of good people. If you have to have lots of rules you have the wrong people.

Also, create a brand, it will help you get the right kinda people.
    How you do make a brand? Please elaborate.

Also, I’m recruiting kids (age 11 and below) who are miner but I have alternate rules for them. They can only take jobs from leaders [don’t worry they will still have enough jobs, this is to protect them from customers who can be bullies] they are excused from the rule that you need to mine 7K a week instead they promise to mine as much as they can, they are only required to work on weekends but they have to sell the resources by Monday.

Is this a bad idea?
    Eh, I found kids to be unreliable, so I’m not recruiting kids anymore

One question for people potentially wanting to join - what about people that are aged 12+?

I guess the original rules still apply but I’m changing the rules so it’s easier to join; they’re too demanding and honestly, I wouldn’t wanna join either