Signatures

Hey everyone! I've been wondering for a while why we don't really have signatures on this forums? Shore it could provide malicious links, however, it can also be useful for a service that you'd like to promote, your art thread, or whatever thread you'd like to promote. My idea would be (if possible) that, the forums blacklist websites that are nonpg, such as a very common one, "..." hub. I dont believe that just because these are possibilities, that it should be keeping us from having signatures.

Applying to be allowed to have signatures would also be another way to prevent it and help Forum Moderators+ make sure that your signature is not a malicious link, gif and so forth.

As a personal opinion I do believe its also nice to for staff to promote specific links, players to promote builds, or just for fun things like dancing dogs/cats. Of course this is a personal opinion, and i'd like to hear the communities opinions on this.

Comments

• maybe buying sig. spaces for karma?
  • KnyzeKnyze Member
    edited January 2018
    +1 Sounds good, some game forums have it. And I cannot see a reason why not
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Been suggested before.
    I believe its not wanted by the admins as i think horus prefers the clean look.
    This was why we switched to these forums in the first place.
    It also makes it easier for people on mobile to load the forums better. This is a free to play game so it attracts lots of people who have lower end devices and slow internet connections.

You can promote stuff on your walls/activity feeds.

maybe buying sig. spaces for karma?

No please. It would just lead to more karma farming which damages the quality of the forums as a whole.
    I kinda wish they'd just get rid of karma. It promotes quantity over quality.
  • BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
    edited January 2018
    gdog said:

Been suggested before.
    I believe its not wanted by the admins as i think horus prefers the clean look.
    This was why we switched to these forums in the first place.
    It also makes it easier for people on mobile to load the forums better. This is a free to play game so it attracts lots of people who have lower end devices and slow internet connections.

You can promote stuff on your walls/activity feeds.

maybe buying sig. spaces for karma?

No please. It would just lead to more karma farming which damages the quality of the forums as a whole.
    I kinda wish they'd just get rid of karma. It promotes quantity over quality.
    I guess, I mean it would be nice to have a enable/disable sigantures viewing etc. And karma system is pretty good, but they have to be something at least something. Maybe karma should only be given 1-5 karma every 24hours? depends. But like I said, I do believe signatures are still better. The activity wall etc is nice and all, but not everyone goes there to check.

and don't you mean "BEAN suggested before?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    I'm with Gdog on this.
    The forums have been much better without Sigs. Besides, the activity wall is the perfect compromise.