Two-Factor Authentication

There should be a feature in CC for logins to protect users from hackers/scammers from using other people’s accounts like two-factor authentication.

So basically we make all new CC accounts with a mandatory email address (idk why an email address isn’t necessary to play...) and so if someone were to steal another person’s account, they cannot use it because it’s being logged in under a different IP address.

When this happens, the game will tell the hacker/scammer that they need to enter this code that is sent to the registered email and voila~! No more stolen accounts :D

This wouldn’t affect those who would play at a friend’s house or relative’s place if they live close by and it can be disabled after 5 (or whatever number the devs choose) successful logins from different areas if said players travel a lot.

I hope you like my suggestion as I hope it can decrease the amount of stolen accounts that has happened recently :)

Comments

• Useful! +1
  • Thats not the problem, the problem which get your acc stolen is the players are greedy for free cubits thats y, they enter their password in public page to get this 'hack' but it comes to their acc get stolen
  • Thats not the problem, the problem which get your acc stolen is the players are greedy for free cubits thats y, they enter their password in public page to get this 'hack' but it comes to their acc get stolen

Yeh but then their accounts wont be hacked/stolen as a result of this cos the 2FA would then stop it being hacked/stolen so +1

That is why we need this in the first place and also, almost every time I see a decent suggestion to prevent scams and hacks, there’s always that one comment that states “the player needs to take responsibility for their account” which I get completely but when there are ways for people to get scammed and hacked... that’s the problem....

If this idea is implemented and there’s STILL people getting their accounts stolen well, they only have themselves to blame... I’m just giving a suggestion that should be able to counteract with all these problems :)
  • edited January 2018
    CosmicCow said:

We're aware of the sites, and I hate it. And your suggestion would work, it's how Steam does it. But with being a mobile game and IP Addresses changing all the time, I don't think it's practical for us. We're talking about other solutions too.

This is what Cos said in dec 2017.
    I suggested the same thing.