Inventory Locking

Many of us carry a set group of items with us at all times, specific warp foods, a gather bumper etc. It would be nice if we could lock these items into a slot in our inventories. I want organization in my inventory and I find that my key items are getting shuffled around all the time because I am a builder. It is maddening and being able to lock items to slots so they could not be moved around be great. This would also be useful to keep items from being accidentally dragged out of the inventory, items like gather bumpers could still be placed.

Comments

• Multiple inventories be fantastic, the current inventory we have now is far to small especially if one is building. Could set a hot key like tab to switch to the different inventories like for food.
  • I'd like to lock certain things in my inventory also as it drives me nuts when things start sliding around.

Us miners could use bigger inventories also. It's brutal as I typically can't go to more than two mines at a time without having to head back to my realm to dump stuff into storage (and sometimes I'm throwing things out in the second mine so I can walk normal). I used to play a game where we initially had much smaller inventories (like 16 spaces), but you could purchase both small and large bags that fit into the slots and get either 10 or 16 more spaces. So you could have 160 slots with small bags or 256 slots with larger bags. It was nice because you could swap out the bags too...so you'd have your mining bag, and your party bag, and your give away bag, and your collection bag, and your cooking bag, etc. All the storage options allowed for bags to be put into the slots also, so you had unlimited storage at your home once we could make storage furniture.

Like both the ideas +1/+1
  • +1 im A Forgotable person ._.
  • I got this idea ages ago I agree a lot!+1 for being first xD
  • Sure, I’d like that since I do need some items in my inventory at all times and trying to sort through or clear the inventory could be harder than it should be. So, +1
  • My warp food is constantly getting shuffled around. I support this lock idea. But as Eagence said, I wish to see a backpack or new inventory of sorts for better organization in the future. :P
  • Liberated said:

My warp food is constantly getting shuffled around. I support this lock idea. But as Eagence said, I wish to see a backpack or new inventory of sorts for better organization in the future. :P

Yup if we can have like inventory upgrade and press a number to switch from inventory to inventory that will help a lot.I can keep all of my stuff in different places.But I think that u should be able to buy from the c store upgrades and it shouldn’t be free.That will be pretty cool!
  • +1
  • Thanks for all the support everyone ^_^. It just be so handy!
  • good idea from ur madness! +1
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    The Player inventory definitely needs some future improvement. This suggestion should be considered in any possible inventory optimization in my opinion.
  • Kind of like how you have to drag your inventory up and it covers half the screen when you need to look at something at the bottom.....instead of also being able to expand it left and right >_>.