The Cubic Castles Race League (ENDED)

Comments

• lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

@space_fetus i came with an idea for points..
    My sports teacher used to do it when we had to race.
    Basically she used to set the points on the speed we have
    Example:Anyone who would run 100m in 10 seconds or less would get 10 points
    Anyone who would run 100m in 13 seconds gets 9 points
    Anyone who would run 100m in 15 second gets 8 points
    And so on.
    You got the idea i hope.
    Like that, cheaters will earn as many points as those who really race fairly and practise all day long..
    And if many will end with same points, then a real 20players race would be nice...it would matter only the place and not a goddamned time

Although this idea sounds good for me the brackets would be too large I think for example between 30 and 40 seconds get the same points, not many people get a score outside of that time. However if you bring the brackets down again you have the potential for people lagging to still be in a seperate bracket. I'm considering taking the lag score ie. 34 seconds and saying I won't accept anything faster than 35 this would make it somewhat more obtainable to everyone? How do people feel about this, and each track I'll put the lag times as the no go time.
    I was thinking a 2 seconds bracket (34:00-35:59) since most of the racers that do not lag do not get anywhere close to 34:50 or 34:75
    But yeah after that bracket things could go second by second (36:00-36:59//37:00-37:59//38:00-38:59 etc etc.)
    Taking the lagging score and saying you wont accept anything faster than 35 is no good either..Cheaters can just wait until their timer is 34:something and just go past the line to score 35:00-35:25 and still be the first
    But by the same logic cheaters can garuntree a place in the bracket too. I think we have to go by what's best for those who submit fairly both laggers and non laggers. Although the brackets would avoid the need for laggers to re submit. I'll have a think
    The idea of putting cheaters in same bracket with those who work hard was to prevent the cheaters from getting all first places..The lag cannot be solved but things that can go around it can be invented
    That’s so true, then the cheaters have to race against the non cheaters right? They won’t be able to cheat cause of course space gonna be watxhing
  • I agree with the issue with lag giving players a boost in time, it's rather unfair even if it's something some people can't really deal with. My own high score (or is it low score? Confusing owo) was achieved because of lag. Though I don't really lag too often (my internet is rather odd), my score is somewhat cheating in my eye. If my internet was to run smoothly, I would've never gotten that score. So I think for those of us who have gotten the "untouchable" score, we should submit only the best score we get with normal internet. Understandable if you don't want to or can't, but I'm withdrawing my score for a score unbiased by lag.

That sounds good. Although people will be like "I always lag, so to bad"

• SweetPyxelSweetPyxel Member
    edited January 2018

lucaaa795 said:

@space_fetus i came with an idea for points..
    My sports teacher used to do it when we had to race.
    Basically she used to set the points on the speed we have
    Example:Anyone who would run 100m in 10 seconds or less would get 10 points
    Anyone who would run 100m in 13 seconds gets 9 points
    Anyone who would run 100m in 15 second gets 8 points
    And so on.
    You got the idea i hope.
    Like that, cheaters will earn as many points as those who really race fairly and practise all day long..
    And if many will end with same points, then a real 20players race would be nice...it would matter only the place and not a goddamned time

Although this idea sounds good for me the brackets would be too large I think for example between 30 and 40 seconds get the same points, not many people get a score outside of that time. However if you bring the brackets down again you have the potential for people lagging to still be in a seperate bracket. I'm considering taking the lag score ie. 34 seconds and saying I won't accept anything faster than 35 this would make it somewhat more obtainable to everyone? How do people feel about this, and each track I'll put the lag times as the no go time.
    I just read this and i must ask. What about my time? My times were not only lag free but barely above the margin you stated, does this mean I'll have to go back to my 35:07 and hope i can bring it as close as possible?
    Edit: Just in case that's how it's gonna be

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited January 2018
    ok so i of course want both lag players and non lag players to have the fairest system possible. I don't want to people to feel like they shouldn't bother because they cant beat lag times and most importantly i don't want to hinder the fun or the wonderful social aspect this event has caused this week down on the racetrack.
    However that being said something does have to change to bring it back to being fair.
    So from what i can tell the lag times are less than a second from non lag times but still very fast lap times non the less even if they were not to have lag.
    So here is how we are going to do it, it isnt ideal but i think it is fair and this will go for all future races to.
    1st place can and will be a joint position of anyone with a score within the top 1.10seconds, this should allow for the lag
    other positions will then be ranked as normal.

prizes for 1st second and third may have to be tweaked slightly as a joint first place is now possible but we will deal with it when we get there.

cheaters will be continued to be checked for and i will continue to follow up on the fastest times to check for authenticity.
    on this matter @Ome R i will not be accepting your submitted time because you were one of the first to utilise the glitch and your screen shot is you racing alone with no witnesses to back up your legit score. A re submission that fits the criteria will be needed please.

I hope everyone is happy with the new rules, it is the best i can do to fix a system out of my hands and i hope you will all continue to enjoy the race league :)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Thats a very big bracket o-o
  • Thats a very big bracket o-o

Agreed!
  • ok so i of course want both lag players and non lag players to have the fairest system possible. I don't want to people to feel like they shouldn't bother because they cant beat lag times and most importantly i don't want to hinder the fun or the wonderful social aspect this event has caused this week down on the racetrack.
    However that being said something does have to change to bring it back to being fair.
    So from what i can tell the lag times are less than a second from non lag times but still very fast lap times non the less even if they were not to have lag.
    So here is how we are going to do it, it isnt ideal but i think it is fair and this will go for all future races to.
    1st place can and will be a joint position of anyone with a score within the top 1.20 seconds, this should allow for the lag
    other positions will then be ranked as normal.

prizes for 1st second and third may have to be tweaked slightly as a joint first place is now possible but we will deal with it when we get there.

cheaters will be continued to be checked for and i will continue to follow up on the fastest times to check for authenticity.
    on this matter @Ome R i will not be accepting your submitted time because you were one of the first to utilise the glitch and your screen shot is you racing alone with no witnesses to back up your legit score. A re submission that fits the criteria will be needed please.

I hope everyone is happy with the new rules, it is the best i can do to fix a system out of my hands and i hope you will all continue to enjoy the race league :)

OK IM CONFUSE ON THE NEW RULES, WHAT ARE BRACKETS AS WELL, and what a joint position
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    If I suspect someone of cheating, do I send a PM?
  • edited January 2018
    The rules are good but if i lagged really bad should i do another race to make it a legit time?
    I am not sure
    edited January 2018
    Hello updating score :D, please disregard the lagged score I posted earlier.

Took me a while to get this score, but I like it!

• Guys I get how it’s unfair that some people lag, and get a better time, but everyone should just stop complaining, and just have fun, lag isn’t something space fetus or anyone can control, complaining will just lead to the event getting cancelled, and ruining the fun. So everyone should just stop complaining, and let @space_fetus find a solution.

Guys I get how it’s unfair that some people lag, and get a better time, but everyone should just stop complaining, and just have fun, lag isn’t something space fetus or anyone can control, complaining will just lead to the event getting cancelled, and ruining the fun. So everyone should just stop complaining, and let @space_fetus find a solution.

He kind of did put up a solution :P, everyone within the top 1.20 second of the top score will get 1st.
  • Guys I get how it’s unfair that some people lag, and get a better time, but everyone should just stop complaining, and just have fun, lag isn’t something space fetus or anyone can control, complaining will just lead to the event getting cancelled, and ruining the fun. So everyone should just stop complaining, and let @space_fetus find a solution.

He kind of did put up a solution :P, everyone within the top 1.20 second of the top score will get 1st.
    Ya but that won’t stop people from complaining about lag. And also what is the top score so far? One that counts, not a lag one.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Ok, i'm out have fun all.
    Wish there was a way to not get notifications from a thread anymore.
    edited January 2018

Guys I get how it’s unfair that some people lag, and get a better time, but everyone should just stop complaining, and just have fun, lag isn’t something space fetus or anyone can control, complaining will just lead to the event getting cancelled, and ruining the fun. So everyone should just stop complaining, and let @space_fetus find a solution.

Ya but that won’t stop people from complaining about lag. And also what is the top score so far? One that counts, not a lag one.
    The top lagged score is from SayWhat at 34.11 , the highest non lag score is SugarCat101 at 34.89.
    A full leaderboard :

SayWhat: 34.11
    Sugarcat101: 34:89
    CanItBeDone: 34.99
    Bluejay_1: 35:19
    OrangeTail: 35:60
    V: 35:51
    JackFury: 35:66
    Kewbin: 35:83
    MM2-2: 35:85
    Redgaming1: 35:95
    A I R: 36:17
    OrangeTail: 36:29
    Jadabug: 36:56
    Bossman6788: 36.57
    Laani: 36:90
    EpicLBPTimeGirlMelody: 37.20
    Graceful Thunder: 37:33
    MeHawk: 37:53
    Medd: 37:63
    H4RPY D3Li4lY: 40:25
    Ome R: 40:60
    Flooks: 41:17
    *SnowyOwl*: 42:22
    Epieownz: 42:90
    b3achy: 45:47
    OutdatedChicken: 4:35:96
    CanItBeDone: 30:00:95 (lol)
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited January 2018
    I did 35:17 yeasterday, posting today
    Im gonna edit if i get a better time

• OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited January 2018

The top lagged score is from SayWhat at 34.11 , the highest non lag score is SugarCat101 at 34.89.
    A full leaderboard :

2 OrangeTails? O.o
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited January 2018
    So @space_fetus when you said that 1st qualifies as the people within the top score and 1.20 seconds after?
    For example: Qbee 1 got 1:30. Qbee 2 got 1:90. Are they both first? (Just trying to understand properly)
    So as long as you are within 1.20 seccond of the top score, you are 1st?
    edited January 2018

A full leaderboard :

2 OrangeTails? O.o
    Oh I must of forgot to fix the ranking xd

Updated:

Piratax10: 35:17

(Note: these are scores from people who submitted)

A full leaderboard :

2 OrangeTails? O.o
    Oh I must of forgot to fix the ranking xd

Updated:

CanItBeDone: 99:00:95 (lol)
    Did you really take 99 minutes? And my score is now 04:07:28
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Why is orangetail above me when I have a faster time than him? xD
    edited January 2018
    U said:

Why is orangetail above me when I have a faster time than him? xD

My mistake, thanks for pointing it out though.

CanItBeDone: 34.98

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Here is my best time so far at 37:10. I am going to keep trying but just in case I get too busy this is my entry for this week as of today.

• OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited January 2018
    I GOT A NEW HIGHSCORE THAT I’M PROUD OF. :’D
    My score is the second at the top.
  • @space_fetus I watch your video and you said the record per racetrack gets a sportsmobile right? Does that still count since anyone with a 1.20 score is first?

A full leaderboard :

I would like to say you never included me. My score was 34:67 which was a lagged score.

Dark101 Gaming: 34.67
    CanItBeDone: 34.98
    OrangeTail: 35:38
    WhimsicalFirefly: 37:10

A full leaderboard :

I would like to say you never included me. My score was 34:67 which was a lagged score.
    Updated the list, but lemme just say this, I don’t believe your score is legit for one second.
  • I am bumping my old time. And Thanks to OrangeTail for being my witness.
  • Bluejay_1 said:

I am bumping my old time. And Thanks to OrangeTail for being my witness.

Hehe, no problem! :P