How was 2017 for cubic castles? (Please read)

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Before i start, this thread is not talking about specific players, i’m just explaining everything so it’s just about Cubic Castles, no players involved.

Let’s talk about 2016 shall we?
2016 was Cc’s best year, why? Let’s see:
Krampus giveaway challenge 2016:
Sirkewberth in december 2016 hosted an event where anyone who beat a puzzle in his realm could bump a guestbook to have a chance of winning a Krampus. 50 krampuses were given in the end. Also there was a building contest with krampuses as prizes
And the winter weekly event but sadly it was shutdown because of cheaters.
Cubic halloween town: a building contest with prizes, cool that was amazing with the ghost hunt ;)
There was create a new cc video trailer contest, amazing too!
The cubic clan race, this was the best clan race! Grats to redwood souls they won!
Raffle was introduced it was amazing!
Egg hunt was amazing too!
Valentine contest too! There was 2 options, either write a poem or take a screenshot of your valentine and something like that, that was the best contest right?
New years pack, and there was a huge celebration at different timezones in town center.
Ok so there was 2 building contests (correct me if i’m mistaken) , 1 race and it was amazing (thank you horus and cortana), a create a trailer contest (amazing aswell), 1 parkour and 1 puzzle (thank god there was a parkour!).
That was 2016 and it was amazing!

Let’s talk about 2017 now:
2017 was OK, let’s see
There was a valentine building contest, it was amazing but we all missed write a poem contest but it’s ok, the building contest was amazing, 2 players could work on the build.
Next there was ramm week, another building contest, build a ramm and win a ram! It was amazing too.
Then there was the clan race... oh boi... we all liked the old clan race, this one was too confusing, and at the end i heard there was too many people cheating... anyways it was new maybe we should get used to it, idk.
Then there was the egg hunt, it was ok, cheaters everywhere, but everyone was satisfied at the end i guess, so no problem.
Raffle kept going it was amazing.
Halloween started with the ghost hunt and a halloween building contest, great as usual thank you Horus and cortana and everyone who helped.
Christmas, there was a building contest on facebook, where a lot of people participated and only 10 krampuses were given away.
No puzzle no winter weekly event.
And there was a quick contest on facebook, where you need to show your farm and best farms wins, so technically a building contest.
New years pack, but no celebration.
Forgot to say, there was the farm update, it was amazing
Ok so there was 5 building contests, 0 parkours, 1 race (but no one liked it), 0 puzzles...

So do you really think this is fair? FIVE BUILDING CONTESTS WITH ZERO PARKOURS AND PUZZLES? It’s like saying HEY! if you know how to build, you’re welcome to win cubits in cc, but if you suck at building and like parkours and puzzles you can just leave?
I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT BUILDING CONTESTS, i want everyone to see what i said, that’s why i used caps... i love building contests, i even won a honourable mention this year i was so happy cause my skills at building are not good, but i still participare because why not? Horus was so busy too, i completely understand he’s an adult.
But how is this fair?! I’m not blaming any players, i’m blaming you cc, what is the solution to this?
Well for once and for all there could be someone who takes care of events in game! This would be amazing!
Or like horus and cortana could take care of building contests, cause they literally do all the building events and they are so busy irl, they don’t have enough time, so huge thanks to you guys, you really do help builders in cc.
And there could be someone who takes care of parkours, are parkours that hard to run? Well the person who takes care of parkours could stay there and watch us play and watch for cheaters (alt problem have been fixed, they cannot take items from prize dispenser if they have already taken one from the main account)
How many thread do i have to write so i can get a response @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Also i would like everyine to read and tell me where i went wrong and if they agree with me or not. Thank you

Comments

• Well spoken.
  • #WillParkourWatcher
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well I don't disagree having more events and entertainment and different kinds of events and contests going all the time would be great. It would be nice to have a dedicated person for that job as Knop has suggested, but it's a really tricky position to fill. But there was no special plan on our part to bias the kinds of events one way or another. I didn't just decide not to do a puzzle at xmas this year because I wanted to favor builders. I just didn't have the time needed is all. We'll think on it and see if we can find a way to improve the overall events in 2018.
  • Well I don't disagree having more events and entertainment and different kinds of events and contests going all the time would be great. It would be nice to have a dedicated person for that job as Knop has suggested, but it's a really tricky position to fill. But there was no special plan on our part to bias the kinds of events one way or another. I didn't just decide not to do a puzzle at xmas this year because I wanted to favor builders. I just didn't have the time needed is all. We'll think on it and see if we can find a way to improve the overall events in 2018.

Thank you so much for your reply, yes exactly time is what’s missing, that’s why someone who have enough time for parkours could takeover but as you said it is tricky, let’s hope the best for 2018
  • Well I don't disagree having more events and entertainment and different kinds of events and contests going all the time would be great. It would be nice to have a dedicated person for that job as Knop has suggested, but it's a really tricky position to fill. But there was no special plan on our part to bias the kinds of events one way or another. I didn't just decide not to do a puzzle at xmas this year because I wanted to favor builders. I just didn't have the time needed is all. We'll think on it and see if we can find a way to improve the overall events in 2018.

Thank you for the reply. I would really love to see different kinds of events happening in cc. 2017 was mostly building :v
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    What about an official staff who plans events and of such? Surely that'll be easier to manage :o?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited January 2018

What about an official staff who plans events and of such? Surely that'll be easier to manage :o?

It would be nice to have a dedicated person for that job as Knop has suggested, but it's a really tricky position to fill.

2017 was way better imo.
    So many more updates which i prefer they worked on than doing contests tbh. Cars, Farms and 3 awesome updates in the last month of the year are way more important and community engaging and better for the game in the long run than events/contests.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    gdog said:

It would be nice to have a dedicated person for that job as Knop has suggested, but it's a really tricky position to fill.

2017 was way better imo.
    So many more updates which i prefer they worked on than doing contests tbh. Cars, Farms and 3 awesome updates in the last month of the year are way more important and community engaging and better for the game in the long run than events/contests.
    Oh I read over that xd
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    i agree, sure there were some building contests.... but you needed your own realm and it was on facebook so not many people could participate..... so that only makes 2 official building competitions that allowed everyone (sure you can make a facebook account, but you need to be 18 to make a facebook account....) and like you already said.... the people that cant build are just shoved on te side.... its sad, but i guess we have to live to it.... and sure there were building competitions made by players but they are not really trustable....

lets hope 2018 is a better year ^^
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited January 2018
    lucaaa795 said:

Make cc great again?
    Building contests are rigged because of the jury.
    Racing contests are rigged because of cheaters.
    Parkours are not really rigged..i mean the use 100 alternates problem has been fixed...Although Paid parkours aka payaways are still a problem.
    Clan race contest pretty much rigged but still very cool.
    CC is mostly rigged.
    ------
    The updates are good at least...Except for the new years update which was rushed and had only 2 hats.

Building contests are rigged, lol how. Just because you don't agree with the winner doesnt mean they are rigged lol.

Races can be built in such a way that people cant cheat. Its on the builder to design their track correctly so this cant happen.

Paid parkours are not against the rules so long as they are able to be completed.

The whole world isnt rigged lucaa. Damn and i thought i was cynical.

(sure you can make a facebook account, but you need to be 18 to make a facebook account....)

It's 13 actually which is the same as the age you should be to play this game without a parent present. So that argument is moot. As you could just use a elders account if you are under 13 to enter.
  • edited January 2018
    Thank you devs for all your hard work and the wonderful updates ^_^. CC is ever evolving and it has been a great journey thus far <3 <3 <3.
  • A big thank to SirKewberth and his team for hard work.

I didn't recieve the 5,000 cubits(sended ticket and you answered, but didnt got them), good luck for 2018
  • i agree, sure there were some building contests.... but you needed your own realm and it was on facebook so not many people could participate..... so that only makes 2 official building competitions that allowed everyone (sure you can make a facebook account, but you need to be 18 to make a facebook account....) and like you already said.... the people that cant build are just shoved on te side.... its sad, but i guess we have to live to it.... and sure there were building competitions made by players but they are not really trustable....

Actually, you can sign in to Facebook if you are 13+ o.o
  • What about an official staff who plans events and of such? Surely that'll be easier to manage :o?

Maybe a group. The more people, the more diversity and creativity.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I gave away 100k, UV shades, 2 reindeer, 8 dragon’s, and more. (Mostly in contests) Does that help some?
  • Personally, I prefer all the updates that the devs have been working on to provide to us. There will always be something lacking as they are humans and cannot simultaneously work on more than one thing over a period of time. If they were to host more events, they might not have had time to work on the sleds that we got this year.

Think about the things you got and not what's lacking on every single aspect. Sure, it's completely fine to point out some of the things that needs to be done to engage with the community more but don't get hung up on it after it's already over and done with. I just love that they still give us as much as they possibly can whether it is through updates or events and I am very grateful for it, thank you. :D
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

i agree, sure there were some building contests.... but you needed your own realm and it was on facebook so not many people could participate..... so that only makes 2 official building competitions that allowed everyone (sure you can make a facebook account, but you need to be 18 to make a facebook account....) and like you already said.... the people that cant build are just shoved on te side.... its sad, but i guess we have to live to it.... and sure there were building competitions made by players but they are not really trustable....

Since when is it 13+when i made mine it had to be 18+

I think for a few years now :P
  • i agree, sure there were some building contests.... but you needed your own realm and it was on facebook so not many people could participate..... so that only makes 2 official building competitions that allowed everyone (sure you can make a facebook account, but you need to be 18 to make a facebook account....) and like you already said.... the people that cant build are just shoved on te side.... its sad, but i guess we have to live to it.... and sure there were building competitions made by players but they are not really trustable....

I think for a few years now :P
    Really? Its only been about a year now, but some countries still make it 16+ so I think it varies and depends on where you are