Clarification on Scams.

JackFuryJackFury Member
edited December 2017 in Community
I see quite a few players misusing the term "scam", it is one of the favorite words of the noobs of Cubic Castles and is used far too frequently in the wrong context. Here's the exact definition:

Scam: A dishonest scheme; a fraud or a swindle.

A "scam" is something put up by another person to get you to pay money for a reward or prize you do not receive. They will set up false systems that require you to pay to get in, promising a prize, but you do not receive said prize.
Here is a list of things that are not scams which I frequently see players calling scams:

- If someone calls players to their realm for a "giveaway" but it's not a giveaway, it is not a scam.
- If someone overprices their items in vending machines, it is not a scam.
- If someone hosts a game and you lose the game and someone else wins the prize, it is not a scam.
- If someone hosts a parkour with prizes and you can't make the last jump but everyone else can, it is not a scam.
- If someone hosts a giveaway and everyone gets a prize except you, it is not a scam.

Calling other players "scammers" for offending others is a ridiculous trend that sweeps Cubic Castles every day. "Scam" or "scammer" have just become meaningless insults, but half the players have no idea what it even means. They're just offended at whatever someone did. If a player overprices their items, that's not a scam. No one will buy the items, because they're overpriced, but it is not a scam. A swindle is someone promising you something for a super low price to get payment from you, then running off. It happens in real life too, such as those carnival games that everyone knows are rigged.

As in the above-mentioned parkour one, just because you can't complete the parkour doesn't mean it's a scam. However, yes, there are certain parkours that you cannot complete, and you must pay to get in. Those are scams.

If you want to be viewed as unintelligent and a noob, sure, continue to misuse this term whenever you get offended at the slightest thing. But really, the English language is huge and complex, we have plenty of words to express our feelings. "Scam" is not a universal term for "I'm mad at you", so bear this in mind.

Comments

• Omg this is so true
  • MF DOOMMF DOOM Member
    edited December 2017
    Super true... all ppls say in my shop " scammer overpriced " and i just say: Owner prices, Owner Shop, Owner Realm. if i bought for 20k one item, i need to sell for 25k or 30k, need to make a little profit, if i bought for 20k i dont lower for 19k ._. but the all ppls dont know it and say "ovepriced scammer..."
  • "Scam" is the most overused word in cc. And a lot of places aswell...and someone can walk up to you and say 'Your a scammer. Report!' For no good reason.
  • Great post!
  • Does someone asking for free cubits and they "plan to give them back" make them a scammer? But I 100% agree with this thread. Does anyone else want to knock out the snotty little brat who's screaming at the top of their Qbee's lungs the stupid six letter word!?!?!?!? But thanks for informing the CC public that most of them are retarded, and can't understand English.
  • Does someone asking for free cubits and they "plan to give them back" make them a scammer? But I 100% agree with this thread. Does anyone else want to knock out the snotty little brat who's screaming at the top of their Qbee's lungs the stupid six letter word!?!?!?!? But thanks for informing the CC public that most of them are retarded, and can't understand English.

You said most of what I wanted to say, I'm just too nice to say it ;w; And on the subject of loans, that all depends on how well you know the person. If some random person asks for a loan, don't ever do it. However, I frequently loan to my good friends in the game :3
  • Great post I try to explain that very pricy stuff all the time is not a scam it's just a rip-off. lol :p