Textures

Does anyone know how to change the textures on mobile?

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I'm pretty sure there are ways to replace the texture on mobile with a custom one, but it involves a pc or laptop. And your mobile device must be connected to the laptop. It's a bit complicated, but you can find some good guides on YouTube
  • I managed to download a texture in my mobile and thats how:
    First, you need to find the file where the old original texture is, then download the new textures and move them to the file where the originals are, change the names/delete the old ones (better change name so you wont have to uninstall and download game again if you wanna change back) and change the names of the new textures to the names the originals had
  • @xomer55 have you got a video of you doing it? This would help so much
  • Sorry i dont have a video of doing it
  • Oki that fine I will scour yt for a vid
  • The directory for the files on the android version should be on the device itself so heading to \Android\data\com.cosmiccow.cubiccastles\files\sandbox\dyna\images should get you to the files. Assuming you know how the textures are changed on pc, you'll just have to do the same thing, just in that directory.
  • edited December 2017
    Do you have to plug in your phone? @Sugarcat101
  • I'm pretty sure there are ways to replace the texture on mobile with a custom one, but it involves a pc or laptop. And your mobile device must be connected to the laptop. It's a bit complicated, but you can find some good guides on YouTube

It does not have to be pugged in to a laptop. I know how to do it without making it complicated.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

I'm pretty sure there are ways to replace the texture on mobile with a custom one, but it involves a pc or laptop. And your mobile device must be connected to the laptop. It's a bit complicated, but you can find some good guides on YouTube

It does not have to be pugged in to a laptop. I know how to do it without making it complicated.
    With iOS devices?
  • I'm pretty sure there are ways to replace the texture on mobile with a custom one, but it involves a pc or laptop. And your mobile device must be connected to the laptop. It's a bit complicated, but you can find some good guides on YouTube

With iOS devices?
    Yes, I think so.

With iOS devices?
    Yes, I think so.
    Please tell us? :P
  • If anyone has the way to do it on android this would be greatly appreciated
  • If anyone has the way to do it on android this would be greatly appreciated

Sugarcat showed it above you open files go to device and follow the path she showed.
  • Pimydd said:

If anyone has the way to do it on android this would be greatly appreciated

Sugarcat showed it above you open files go to device and follow the path she showed.
    I was meaning for without plugging in my phone to pc because then I can edit it when on the go/school etc.
  • SweetPyxelSweetPyxel Member
    edited December 2017

Pimydd said:

I was meaning for without plugging in my phone to pc because then I can edit it when on the go/school etc.
    You should be able to go through the files while on your android device through the file manager app BUT i'm unsure of how many digital art apps support the creation/editing of .png (the format used for all of the texture files).
    Edit: You'll have to look for the same directory i mentioned above
  • If you wanted just to change the texture with an already made pack, same as what sugarcat said, there are different file manager apps you can use to browse your files and look for the cc files. just have to replace the image with the one you downloaded to the one on the file...

But if you wanted to edit/customize your own texture pack, then you need some app that supports png (I would recommend picsart) . Save the images on the cc file, there are different "Categories" there like blocks, characters, ui, etc. - then open one of it that you wanted to edit using the editor app, save then replace the one on the cc file again...

Sugarcat already showed the specific files up there so just follow that guide goodluck :)
  • edited December 2017
    Yeh im wanting to use yours @kurt... lol

Edit: its not letting me ;-;
  • Yeh im wanting to use yours @kurt... lol

Edit: its not letting me ;-;

If there's an option there to show hidden files might try checking it, if it isnt still working maybe try to look for different app instead of es file...
  • Pimydd said:

That's what I meant you open the "files" app then follow sugarcat's steps

• Nah im getting the exact same thing coming up ;-;

• this may helps
  • edited December 2017
    Guys or is possible for androids from es file explorer and idk what's going on if it's not working but for samsung users there's a easier way just go to My Files (the app downloaded on the device) > Device Storage > Android > data > com.cosmiccow.cubiccastles and to get to the images to replace the textures go to files > sandbox > cache > Dyna Content > images

Plz note that this is for Samsung's and only if u have my files downloaded on the system when I get the device and it wasn't always in this order infact it changed just this update so if your looking at this like 2 updates later or etc it's likely the images will be somewhere eles but no matter what all the way up to com.cosmiccow.cubiccastles is the same no matter how many updates up from there u might have to explore a bit. XD Ik alot of writting and alot to take in XD.

Sos for spelling mistakes xD so if you don't understand something because it doesn't make sense it's probs because there's spelling mistakes.

XD alot again