Name Records

CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
Hi all! I've been thinking a bit about names recently. There are a good number of players in this game who change their names frequently. Usually, they don't change it to much that you have no idea who they are. But when they do, it becomes a bit annoying. I like to keep my friend list clean, and not filled with random people who I've never met. When a name appears, I become very interested in who the person is. Usually I can just tp to them and ask. Yet, those who live in a differently time zone becomes a bit harder to track down. I just think a site or something that holds the records of people's past and current name would be useful? Not to mention pretty nice to have.

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Well got one "no," would greatly appreciate it if the person commented why not.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Many people change their names in order to have a fresh start without others knowing them. Theres also people who hate their old name and want it gone for good.
    I suppose if there would be a toggle for everyone to decide for themselves it could work but thats too much of a hassle imo. Ill have to -1.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Ed said:

Many people change their names in order to have a fresh start without others knowing them. Theres also people who hate their old name and want it gone for good.
    I suppose if there would be a toggle for everyone to decide for themselves it could work but thats too much of a hassle imo. Ill have to -1.

I mean changing your name for a fresh start doesn't really hide the fact that you are who you are. The realm, items, flag, etc will probably also have to be changed if you want a fresh start. It's much easier to just make a new account. As for names people dislike, I think it's like a bad picture. It's there, and that all there to it.

But I guess it's really up to the player :P
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Ed said:

I mean changing your name for a fresh start doesn't really hide the fact that you are who you are. The realm, items, flag, etc will probably also have to be changed if you want a fresh start. It's much easier to just make a new account. As for names people dislike, I think it's like a bad picture. It's there, and that all there to it.

Not really, it’s not that hard to change your name, and lock your realm to get a fresh start.
  • I disagree, I didn't get off to a good start on cubic castles and I have changed my name for a fresh start. -1
    U said:

Ed said:

Not really, it’s not that hard to change your name, and lock your realm to get a fresh start.
    And delete the people on your list and how you act? Eh, point is, I just think it would be pretty nice to have this just for the sake of convenience.
  • I believe the whole point of name changes is to attempt to remain anonymous compared to who you were before. I don't think anyone would spend thousands of cubits to get a name tag and change their name unless they are hoping to change it to something completely new or add onto it.

Not only that, keeping track of name changes seems sort of unnecessary as of now, not just based on it's low usefulness but assuming also in terms of unnecessary resources that would be used to keep track of all the names.
    edited December 2017
    Raizuseku said:

I believe the whole point of name changes is to attempt to remain anonymous compared to who you were before. I don't think anyone would spend thousands of cubits to get a name tag and change their name unless they are hoping to change it to something completely new or add onto it.

Not only that, keeping track of name changes seems sort of unnecessary as of now, not just based on it's low usefulness but assuming also in terms of unnecessary resources that would be used to keep track of all the names.

Isn't the name kept somewhere though? For future reference?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Raizuseku said:

I believe the whole point of name changes is to attempt to remain anonymous compared to who you were before. I don't think anyone would spend thousands of cubits to get a name tag and change their name unless they are hoping to change it to something completely new or add onto it.

I don’t think so
  • Nope -1.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to disagree with all of you only because I have a special case: Cas-xT is a terrible scammer whom I see and attempt to stop in the lobby all the time. If anyone sees him, report him, because he has been taking in lower leveled players who may not have scammer experience for his drop games. I personally want to protect Cubic Castles, so I highly agree with this. #SaveCC
  • I'm going to disagree with all of you only because I have a special case: Cas-xT is a terrible scammer whom I see and attempt to stop in the lobby all the time. If anyone sees him, report him, because he has been taking in lower leveled players who may not have scammer experience for his drop games. I personally want to protect Cubic Castles, so I highly agree with this. #SaveCC

This is one of the pros, but a con is losing privacy.
    There's a lot of talk about privacy, while I find that privacy is something everyone deserves, I don't see how changing your identity is really important. If you did something bad in the past, I think it's better to take the blunt of the possible negative moods that'll come your way. If someone can't realize that you've changed, well that's all you can do about it. Fixing your reputation is also a possibility isn't it?
  • +1, I hate it when people won't tell me who they are.
  • edited December 2017
    I like the idea and all, but it'd be kind of hard to record everyone's names and when they change it. forgive me if a am mistaken. so, -1
  • Raizuseku said:

As far as I know, I'd assume not. Even if it is, they are probably going to keep their record of names for 30 days and remove it because that would just take up unnecessary resources.

But again, I am not the game developer and neither do I have access to anything, lol. So, I wouldn't exactly know
  • Dissagree -1