Why does support need our info?

Nukey6Nukey6 Member
edited December 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
(Which category does this go in?)I understand why support might want our emails/phone number but why does support need our full name? I would personally feel as though a method such as this one would work perfectly, of course there would be a few changes so I propose this:
1. It asks for our email, username, and password (your support account password, not cubic castles one)
2. (Assuming that the password is correct) it sends an email to the email address so that it knows the email is correct
3. It asks for the category that the problem or whatever falls under
4. Asks for a topic/brief summary
5. Asks for a detailed description
Once it is all done someone will review the problem and reply via the email address.

Comments

• Actually Mabz, which is the support admin, prefer calling you by your name. But you can change it to another name of course. And for the second thing...well, the thing we have now is good for me ^^
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Personally I don't mind, but if people are uncomfortable with this, just make a random name :P
  • should be added
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Basically, the format actually forces you to fill in the below;
    1. In-Game Name
    2. Realm Name
    3. Brief summary of the subject
    4. And of course, the description of your reason.

And it is optional, and not required, to fill in your phone number and your full name. Personally, I haven't added a phone number, and I just recently switched from Professional Killer nickname to my real full name there. No one can actually see it, apart from Mabz, who is our Customer Support, and the rest of the admins.
  • Actually Mabz, which is the support admin, prefer calling you by your name. But you can change it to another name of course. And for the second thing...well, the thing we have now is good for me ^^

Yeah imagine how weird it would be if someone has a name like "Mlgskrub360" and you would have to make a serious email with that
  • *>Remo<* said:

Actually Mabz, which is the support admin, prefer calling you by your name. But you can change it to another name of course. And for the second thing...well, the thing we have now is good for me ^^

Yeah imagine how weird it would be if someone has a name like "Mlgskrub360" and you would have to make a serious email with that
    Yeah ikr but everyone's free to use whatever name he wants :P but yeah, it would be weird ^^
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

*>Remo<* said:

Actually Mabz, which is the support admin, prefer calling you by your name. But you can change it to another name of course. And for the second thing...well, the thing we have now is good for me ^^

Yeah ikr but everyone's free to use whatever name he wants :P but yeah, it would be weird ^^
    It’s actually illegal to use fake names on website that ask for your name in the US. It’s not like this is enforced though.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    U said:

*>Remo<* said:

It’s actually illegal to use fake names on website that ask for your name in the US. It’s not like this is enforced though.
    Only if you are committing a fraud though
  • Mabz if I say my name is succ lord would you call me by succ?
  • Everyone is going to lose trust in Kew and Cos. Why? They both said that they or any of the staff would NEVER ask for their password.

Everyone is going to lose trust in Kew and Cos. Why? They both said that they or any of the staff would NEVER ask for their password.

What? How does that make you lose trust in them? Lmao.
  • U said:

Everyone is going to lose trust in Kew and Cos. Why? They both said that they or any of the staff would NEVER ask for their password.

That's technically asking for your password, what he suggested.

U said:

That's technically asking for your password, what he suggested.
    Makes more sense.

I thought them saying they never were going to ask for your password was because they didn't need to? Maybe I'm wrong, or it's both about trust and this o-O
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember

The OP from my understanding is saying we provide a email, username, & password to login (or register?) to the support site.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There's different passwords here. We will never ask for, nor do we need your account password. This is probably the password for the support site. It's so you can login to support again and see the answers to your ticket. You can and should use a different password for that.
  • There's different passwords here. We will never ask for, nor do we need your account password. This is probably the password for the support site. It's so you can login to support again and see the answers to your ticket. You can and should use a different password for that.

Yes, okay. Got it.
  • There's different passwords here. We will never ask for, nor do we need your account password. This is probably the password for the support site. It's so you can login to support again and see the answers to your ticket. You can and should use a different password for that.

I should've made that clear, editing.