Player anniversary. Developer appreciation for players.

2»

Comments

• -1, This will/might just create / enlarge gaps between new players and older players.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

a stuatue would be nice or my idea is a tag like the admins,mods and beta testers except, veteran tags are completely useless and has no power whatsoever and just for display, colours would be any , your choices :)

On the previous forum they did have a veteran badge for those who played in the beta days, not sure if they'll ever incorporate it in the game or here though
  • lucaaa795 said:

epieownz said:

-1, This will/might just create / enlarge gaps between new players and older players.

There are already major gaps..Plus who said that there shouldnt be differences between the 2 sides..
    We're all equal in many ways...But the time we spent playing cc is a difference between newbies and pros..
    Yes, but I don't want the gaps to become bigger by this.
    I mean if its an accomplishment for playing a year I'm fine with that. Everyone can achieve that. so is 5 years, but not for beta because no one can achieve that again.
    actually as logn as the player appreciation rewards are achievable with enough time/ effort I am fine with it.

Imma change my opinion to -1/+1.
  • U said:

I'm not against it in principle. I do think it's a nice idea.

I have issues on the implementation side though.

How do we differentiate someone who made an account during the beta period and left, and then decided to start playing this year? Is it important that we do? What about people who play just a month every year? Is this something that would be awarded to everyone who has an older account or should you be an actual active player in the game? Are these items trade-able? Can you give your 3yr anniversary statue to a rich new player for some extra cubits? Does it lose meaning if you do?

I say you have to of been online for 365 day’s on that account to get the trophies, and it should be untradeable.
    Yea, and maybe only people who are level 40+
    nooooo, not ppl who are lv 40+, u don't have to be high level to be active :/
  • I have an idea of something that would be untradeable, and even who only plays once a year or so could get, titles, they would work just like the clan tags but they would have some sort of decoration and we would be able to toggle it on or off and who knows maybe collect them like we could get one every season for example easter if you did play at easter 2017 then you would get a title "Easter 2017" with eggs on the sides etc, just something I thought about and I want to see what you guys think :p
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    players will always trade their rare items for cubits. But will i lke the idea of the qbee statue, with no name. I imagine a qbee statue with a number 3 in the chest and a sign who read 3rd year anniversary of the year. Or give to everione that item like the 5k cubits from new years.
  • edited November 2017
    I think it should be un-tradeable
  • As I mentioned before, but want to clarify given some of the questions - I would like to see untradeable statues/decorations for appreciation - anniversary of the game, helping out (mods, beta testers), or special commemorations. I think everyone should get the ones that are applicable to them, no matter level or how long they play or how much they sign on (some people have real life issues, and if something was given out, it's nice to get it when you come back, especially if you've been through a rough patch - it's nice to know you weren't forgotten). I'd also like to see something similar for participating in events (as more would probably participate knowing they'd at least get the token statue even if they don't win a big cubit prize) - it's a way of thanking them for being part of a community event.

I like the idea of titles too, but frankly since you can only display one at a time, I think those are best awarded for various achievements, and then the player can chose the one to display. Though there is no reason why we can't have both titles and statues. I play another game where we get to have titles and it's fun...some days I'm a Fashion Designer, other days I'm a Super Sleuth, and other days I'm a Gardener Extraordinaire. But I think I'd only like it if we could toggle our clans on/off, as another line of text over my head would be really annoying while mining and building.
  • I have been playing since January, 2016 but I had multiple accounts can't they just use it by I.P.?
  • What if they have been PLAYING 3years for example but they have made a different account than which they started with will they not get the 3year trophy? Because if they don't I'm gonna be pissed off.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

What if they have been PLAYING 3years for example but they have made a different account than which they started with will they not get the 3year trophy? Because if they don't I'm gonna be pissed off.

I mean it’s not their fault that they switched accounts.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

What if they have been PLAYING 3years for example but they have made a different account than which they started with will they not get the 3year trophy? Because if they don't I'm gonna be pissed off.

The original idea is per account. Not per IP.
    Per IP would not as well as account. Harder to track and multiple users per IP.

Giving such a thing to another account due to alternative accounts kinda makes the point moot as well.
  • So to add extra 'challenge' to get these things your asking me to play a further 3 years to get a trophy? I Disapprove! \(-.-)/
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

So to add extra 'challenge' to get these things your asking me to play a further 3 years to get a trophy? I Disapprove! \(-.-)/

Same thing as mining to get cubits?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Disapproving an entire suggestion just because you chose to make and use an alt as a main? Come now, look at the bigger picture.

@SirKewberth i have been telling you that everyone loves collectables and achievements for such a long time now. And this partially falls under that. xD

Seems a lot of people are keen to extend this idea as well.

Any further thoughts on this?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We discussed it and generally like the idea so there's a good chance we'll do something, but it won't happen until next year after the xmas update, as we already have all sorts of work lined up in the queue already. We often see good suggestions on the forums but it can take some time to get to them if they're not something we can easily just toss in.
  • lucaaa795 said:

We discussed it and generally like the idea so there's a good chance we'll do something, but it won't happen until next year after the xmas update, as we already have all sorts of work lined up in the queue already. We often see good suggestions on the forums but it can take some time to get to them if they're not something we can easily just toss in.

So all spots are taken until xmas 2018?
    i think next year is 2018.
    SO... not after xmas 2018 but after xmas 2017
    Update confirmed
  • U said:

I'm not against it in principle. I do think it's a nice idea.

I have issues on the implementation side though.

How do we differentiate someone who made an account during the beta period and left, and then decided to start playing this year? Is it important that we do? What about people who play just a month every year? Is this something that would be awarded to everyone who has an older account or should you be an actual active player in the game? Are these items trade-able? Can you give your 3yr anniversary statue to a rich new player for some extra cubits? Does it lose meaning if you do?

I say you have to of been online for 365 day’s on that account to get the trophies, and it should be untradeable.
    Agreed.
  • How About A Gold Manequin With Our Outfits?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

How About A Gold Manequin With Our Outfits?

Good idea! Although coding clothing on it would be very hard since there would be made a item model for every possible clothing combination...

I would suggest more like a golden mannequin just like a normal mannequin, and then when you give it clothing that item will turn golden too

How About A Gold Manequin With Our Outfits?

Good idea! Although coding clothing on it would be very hard since there would be made a item model for every possible clothing combination...

I would suggest more like a golden mannequin just like a normal mannequin, and then when you give it clothing that item will turn golden too
    Golden headlessness
  • I like a golden mannequin, not so much of a statue.Statues feel like like they'd be a bit too big, but hey haven't even seen what they'd look like yet. Also golden mannequin is like a bit wider and taller but still on one block?
  • Or maybe a non-tradable hat/block
  • +1 ye i like this one wiiiii