Suggestion For Hiding Clan Name

I know we have hidey bumper which hides all as long as you don't leave or relog... and now we have option to turn off the swirls around your name, but what about an option to hide your clan name, so it will look like you are not part of a clan. Sometimes you just want your name to show but you don't want to leave your clan just for that. What do you guys think?, Pros/Cons? +1/-1?

Comments

• Hmm it's quite good to have your clan name shows around :/ it's easier for others to know which clan are you from... But some don't really like to show off their clan name... Hmmm
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited November 2017
    Hey lets have an option to turn on/off our qbees.

Don't want your clan's name above your name then don't join a clan or use your alt as a leader if you are one.
  • Reaper BearReaper Bear USAMember
    edited November 2017

Hmm it's quite good to have your clan name shows around :/ it's easier for others to know which clan are you from... But some don't really like to show off their clan name... Hmmm

True sometimes you do want it showing, especially if you are trying to get more people to join or holding some kind of event.. but also again theres times where/when you might not want it showing, (i was talking with some other people and thats why i have brought this up)

Don't want your clan's name above your name then don't join a clan or use your alt as a leader if you are one.

EDIT: I do and so do the others i talked with we were just saying theres sometimes a time when we want it not showing, not like permanently just temporarily while doing something..
  • <

o.O wha
    The qbee one was sarcastic.
  • <

o.O wha
    The qbee one was sarcastic.
    yeah kinda got that... also i hit send before should have lol, edited prev reply
  • Still a no.
    "Don't want your clan's name above your name then don't join a clan or use your alt as a leader if you are one."
  • Still a no.
    "Don't want your clan's name above your name then don't join a clan or use your alt as a leader if you are one."

thank you for your opinion :D
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I know plenty of people who prefer a clean name, but I don't mind the tag myself. It may be a bit annoying if you have a small screen, but that can be fix with a hidey. Don't see why you want to hide your clan if you are part of one either.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2017
    +1 - This was brought up a little while ago. I love having my clan name showing, but I had no idea of the real estate on the screen that it would add. It's already annoying when mining just to have my name above my qbee, much less the additional line of the clan name as it can be hard to see the blocks (especially if you are mining for something specific). Would love to have the option to toggle it on/off. When I'm just tooling around or hanging out in game, would like to have it on...but when trying to mine or build, I'd probably turn it off so I can see better to remove/place blocks...though I might also consider turning it off for whenever I have to parkour as having it in the way when trying to line up a jump has also been an issue for me.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited November 2017
    Well its for me +1/-1
    +1 because yeah some indeed doesnt want to show their name to certain people....
    -1 because showing clan names is the biggest way to advertise your clan... if this option will be added then it would have a disadvantage for most clans...

Also like julie said just dont join a clan or make an alt the leader if you dont want to show it...

And btw hidey bumper hides both...
  • b3achy said:

+1 - This was brought up a little while ago. I love having my clan name showing, but I had no idea of the real estate on the screen that it would add. It's already annoying when mining just to have my name above my qbee, much less the additional line of the clan name as it can be hard to see the blocks (especially if you are mining for something specific). Would love to have the option to toggle it on/off. When I'm just tooling around or hanging out in game, would like to have it on...but when trying to mine or build, I'd probably turn it off so I can see better to remove/place blocks...though I might also consider turning it off for whenever I have to parkour as having it in the way when trying to line up a jump has also been an issue for me.

exactly what i'm saying, and for mobile users it def takes up some space

Well its for me +1/-1
    +1 because yeah some indeed doesnt want to show their name to certain people....
    -1 because showing clan names is the biggest way to advertise your clan... if this option will be added then it would have a disadvantage for most clans...

Also like julie said just dont join a clan or make an alt the leader if you dont want to show it...

And btw hidey bumper hides both...

true about the advertising... and again with the "dont join or make an alt yur leader" well we want be in a clan thats the whole point its just sometimes the tag is a hassle and making an alt a leader only works if its your clan or you have obtained that rank, where as low ranks dont have that option to do that