Penguin for Christmas

I have no idea if this has been suggested before, but yeah it's high time we've had a christmas penguin in the game! Idk what else to say about it, but I heard someone else talking about it last year but it wasn't put in the game so I decided to suggest it in case it wasn't something the devs had thought of yet.

Comments

• Yeah t has already been suggested... and that's a nice idea :)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I want pets to do something special ;-;, besides finding fossils and alike.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1 has been many times suggested but that only proves many people agree
  • I want pets to do something special ;-;, besides finding fossils and alike.

Pengus can waddle around :)

Maybe if the penguin waddles on water it turns into ice? And then if you mine it you just mine water?
  • Instead of pet treats u feed it fish
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I would give anything to have a penguin pet! And also a penguin outfit ;-;
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited November 2017
    Well I researched this and turns out Santa is at the North Pole whereas penguins live at the South Pole. So there's no obvious Xmas connection.

While the obvious replacement is the venerable leopard seal, it turns out that leopard seals ALSO live at the south pole. Luckily we're not completely stuck, and I found a solid north polar replacement pet idea. That's right.. the walrus has our back here.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Well I researched this and turns out Santa is at the North Pole whereas penguins live at the South Pole. So there's no obvious Xmas connection.

While the obvious replacement is the venerable leopard seal, it turns out that leopard seals ALSO live at the south pole. Luckily we're not completely stuck here, and I found a solid north polar replacement pet idea. That's right.. the walrus has our back here.

• Lol for me I would’ve found a loop hole with a big story about it.

One day Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus were going about their normal routine of making toys for kids (and adults cause we like presents too XD) all across the world and then suddenly Santa had an idea!!! What if I expanded my workshop? I mean it is the 21st century and there’s more kids and adults to give out presents to. He pondered on the thought with his wife a good while. Mrs. Claus kept reminding him that he needed to live somewhere cold where nobody could find them. So Santa got on his laptop and searched all across the globe (cause he was allowing his reindeer to rest for the upcoming big ride across the world)... Until!!! He saw it!! The South Pole!! What a marvelous idea!! So Santa gathered all his things and took his plane with all of his elves to the South Pole. On his way to finding a stable spot for their new shop Santa’s magic dust had fell out of his pocket!! They searched and searched till they finally found a great and stable spot. Santa Claus reaches down in his pocket for his magic dust and realized it wasn’t there!!!! (Dun dun dun) BUT!!! About 10 feet away Santa saw something heading towards them carrying his magic dust in their beak!! “Why would this animal steal my magic dust?” Santa thought to himself. The animal finally reached them and dropped the magic dust into Santa’s hands. The animal is know to be the new workshops mascot.... THE PENGUIN!!!

Not the best story but it’s what I could come up with at the time XD
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Maybe if the penguin waddles on water it turns into ice? And then if you mine it you just mine water?
    Cool feature, but I rather just mine ice instead of water @-@.

While the obvious replacement is the venerable leopard seal, it turns out that leopard seals ALSO live at the south pole. Luckily we're not completely stuck, and I found a solid north polar replacement pet idea. That's right.. the walrus has our back here.

Walrus pet confirmed?

Walrus pet confirmed?
    Yeah but if you then mine ice you will have an exploid to get many ice blocks.... that would never be added

Walrus pet confirmed?
    Yeah but if you then mine ice you will have an exploid to get many ice blocks.... that would never be added
    Yea, but you'll still have to get water to do so o-o

Walrus pet confirmed?
    Yea, but you'll still have to get water to do so o-o
    True..... but no one will make ice again then....