Fall update destroyed half of my crops!

epieownzepieownz Member
edited November 2017 in General Chat
I watered most of my crops yesterday. The other ones were already watered
and now it looks like they all grown ane extra time and a decent amount is dead now!
WHyYYY?!?

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    It has become fall in cc, thats why they died....

All jokes apart.... i think its because something was wrong with the farm update items....
  • Is this the room you're referring to?
    CosmicCow said:

Is this the room you're referring to?

Cosmic to the immediat rescue xD
  • Not sure there will be a rescue here for @epieownz
  • welp there goes your profit
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited November 2017
    Here is how long ago since watering of crops here...
    That's why they died.
  • epieownzepieownz Member
    edited November 2017
    CosmicCow said:

Here is how long ago since watering of crops here...
    That's why they died.

They would have been fine without the update I could have watered them an hour ago.

another point I ask:
    I don't know why you change the rules about farming. First you would have to water them everyday,
    then it became 2 days, but the soil is not dry after the 1st day so you just have to wait 2 days to water them, or water them anyway but u cant see which ones you have watered and which ones u don't because they were already watered.
    Why not make the soil dry after 1 day so we can water them again easily and let the dry time be longer without them dying?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The rule, if you want to be safe is water them once a day. Some leeway is given so that someone who watered at 5pm the previous day and who shows up to water at 5:15 the next day doesn't end up with a bunch of dead crops. That leeway is not intended to be used as a trick to let your crops go right up to the edge before they die and stretch it as much as possible. So basically if you want to be sure. Water them once a day. We may change the system in the future based on the other thread about casual players and crop deaths but for now that is the rule you should use to be safe.
  • epieownzepieownz Member
    edited November 2017
    I want to water my crops everyday!. But they are still watered.
    I just want them to be unwatered so I can water them again.
    if they are already watered u cant see the difference if u water them again.
    Its been pissing me off since this changed, and now my crops are dead because it changed again.

already cost me 2 hours, 1 and a half hour more, I Should have been spending on farming today,
    WHY do you do this to me!?!?!
  • It’s not their fault. It’s apples fault for being a bad platform. It takes forever for them to approve an update.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    To be fair, the watering thing is still kind of screwed up from the original bug. Did the times ever get reverted? Cuz it takes a good day - day and a half - for my crops to look dry after they've been watered.
  • It’s not their fault. It’s apples fault for being a bad platform. It takes forever for them to approve an update.

sure whatever. my day is ruined anyways

apple isn't a bad platform, actually, their products are awesome
    BUT
    the approval people aren't that efficient...
    Piratax10 said:

It’s not their fault. It’s apples fault for being a bad platform. It takes forever for them to approve an update.

BUT
    I disagree with ya....
    Sure they LOOK great but:
    -their screens are actually provided by samsung
    -the approval on their app store takes so freaking long
    -like if you have a iphone 3 (dunno their names) when like a iphone 6 comes out (3 versions after number 3) then every new phone that comes gets the iphone 3 a "new update" but the only thing that the updates do is making the phone slower and bad....
    -they remove like the earbud hole and stuff to FORCE you to purschase their easy losable and hughly expencive accesory's, they even plan to remove the charger slot too and make you to charge you via wireless....
    -like with every iphone they make it so that you cannot change the battery and such.... what will cause you to spend a lot more money than needed on a repair might something break, and surprise surprise they are actually very fulnerable for breaking
    -and as last, the phone itself is very expencive.... way more expencive than it could be...

Just wanted to make that clear....
  • Piratax10 said:

It’s not their fault. It’s apples fault for being a bad platform. It takes forever for them to approve an update.

BUT
    Apple products are highly overpriced, their marketing tricks are amazing though. They don't listen to their customers (Who even wanted a thinner phone, we just wanted some durable cords, my god) if the apple sheep would take a second to actually think before purchasing the newest apple product, we wouldn't have a problem.
  • Piratax10 said:

BUT
    Apple products are highly overpriced, their marketing tricks are amazing though. They don't listen to their customers (Who even wanted a thinner phone, we just wanted some durable cords, my god) if the apple sheep would take a second to actually think before purchasing the newest apple product, we wouldn't have a problem.
    Guys, this post is about crops dying, not how bad or good apple is.

Some of my crops died too, but because I was late to water them.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited November 2017

Piratax10 said:

BUT
    "apple sheep"? insulting a person makes your opinion priceless
    im not gonna join this drama, and we should stay on-topic....
  • epieownz said:

I want to water my crops everyday!. But they are still watered.
    I just want them to be unwatered so I can water them again.
    if they are already watered u cant see the difference if u water them again.
    Its been pissing me off since this changed, and now my crops are dead because it changed again, FML.

Ikr happened to me too
  • also you cant plant your crops again if the soil is wet, you have to break the soil before planting it so the next day so you dont to want see your crops die.
  • Same it also happened to me and i used all my recube to just buy all crop's seed that lost :( i reported it but it didnt reply so i just replace it with new seeds :(
  • But hey... Why do you care so much about if the watered texture is there or not, just water every of them everyday... If you're not sure which plant is watered, I'll suggest you to split your plants into some groups, hope that helps.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 2017

But hey... Why do you care so much about if the watered texture is there or not, just water every of them everyday... If you're not sure which plant is watered, I'll suggest you to split your plants into some groups, hope that helps.

It's pretty misleading and looks weird. I rather have the watered texture go away when the plants needs watering. Sure you should water all your crops regardless, but sometimes I water a single plant a couple of time without realizing it until it's too late.
    Okay so now i am sure i watered them on around 12am yesterday.... now 25 hours later they were suppost to be fully grown but over half of them died....
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    what is the realm name.. cosmic can check
  • I already replaced it with new seeds but my realm is All Pinoy Pentaholic here! And i also have room for another crops i placed the door near the crops also
  • @PentaholicOne if it ever happens again, do not replace your crops because I have tools to show exactly when the last watering was. So far, since the update, every crop death has been legitimate.
  • Ohh sorry.... I'll remember that thanks
    Alright i replaced them already too next time i shall let them be withered till checked
  • Did the drying time change I see my soil has dried again.
    where can I find info on this?