Different breaking modes for scaffold

SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
edited November 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Note:This is a suggestion so i dont expect everyone to agree...
So theres this thing called scaffold which i guess is made to make it easier to move when building without having to break the blocks after.But sometimes i have had to lose like 30-100 scaffold just because i placed one wrong and it was connected to the others so i think there should be 2 modes to break scaffold:1 block per click and all of it in one click.

Comments

• It happens to me so many times :v so this would be great :D
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The problems is the UI. How would it work exactly? How would you tell the game to do one vs the other?
  • The problems is the UI. How would it work exactly? How would you tell the game to do one vs the other?

Maybe a special tool? Idk
  • The problems is the UI. How would it work exactly? How would you tell the game to do one vs the other?

Maybe a switch button when we select scaffold blocks which diassappears when our mouse isn't on the item in our inventory?

lele.PNG 138.8K
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This idea wouldn't prevent miss clicks but what about a scaffold block that you could connect to others but had to be removed seperatly. It could be a different colour and if you remove one it only removes that block instead of the whole scaffold. I'm someone who uses both scaffolds a lot and I currently solve this with a normal block of dirt or something. But would be nice to have a proper scaffold for it. So I could connect scaffolds but remove sections seperatly
  • This idea wouldn't prevent miss clicks but what about a scaffold block that you could connect to others but had to be removed seperatly. It could be a different colour and if you remove one it only removes that block instead of the whole scaffold. I'm someone who uses both scaffolds a lot and I currently solve this with a normal block of dirt or something. But would be nice to have a proper scaffold for it. So I could connect scaffolds but remove sections seperatly

?I meant like when you misclick it and it connects then you dont want the misclicked one to be there and you remove it but then it removes all its connected to as well
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    *>Remo<* said:

This idea wouldn't prevent miss clicks but what about a scaffold block that you could connect to others but had to be removed seperatly. It could be a different colour and if you remove one it only removes that block instead of the whole scaffold. I'm someone who uses both scaffolds a lot and I currently solve this with a normal block of dirt or something. But would be nice to have a proper scaffold for it. So I could connect scaffolds but remove sections seperatly

?I meant like when you misclick it and it connects then you dont want the misclicked one to be there and you remove it but then it removes all its connected to as well
    I know what you meant it just reminded me of this. Its going to be real tricky to stop miss clicks so maybe just be a bit more careful hold down the click so you can see the block hovering to make sure it goes in the right place if its a tricky one perhaps
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    This is probably the main reason why I don't use scaffolds, anywaaaaays...

I think a good solution would be a timer as mentioned above
    LateCom said:

or maybe hold long for like 2-3 secs to break the whole piece off, and touch to break just 1?

You'll have time to fix your mistake, and it would be rather useful. Maybe a pop up can appear, that shows how much time is left before the scaffolds break.

Maybe a switch button when we select scaffold blocks which diassappears when our mouse isn't on the item in our inventory?

Triple click for the option
  • This idea wouldn't prevent miss clicks but what about a scaffold block that you could connect to others but had to be removed seperatly. It could be a different colour and if you remove one it only removes that block instead of the whole scaffold. I'm someone who uses both scaffolds a lot and I currently solve this with a normal block of dirt or something. But would be nice to have a proper scaffold for it. So I could connect scaffolds but remove sections seperatly

Another scaffold block would be good but...why not just use glass or any other block?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Another scaffold block would be good but...why not just use glass or any other block?
    Just for convenience, I would assume. There's no extra work of breaking the blocks when done, but with other blocks... Not the same case.
  • I like the idea.. But it would have to be implemented in another fashion as SirKew stated.
    I think we all mess up with scaffolds occasionally but given the low price, i mean.. its not such a big deal to mess up.. Just costs a lil extra time on the fix

I like the idea.. But it would have to be implemented in another fashion as SirKew stated.
    I think we all mess up with scaffolds occasionally but given the low price, i mean.. its not such a big deal to mess up.. Just costs a lil extra time on the fix

Dunno about that, sometimes you'll have to make extremely big scaffolds. It's a good thing not all of it breaks when you mine a very big one, but still, it's rather annoying.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Please do not bump old and outdated topics.
This discussion has been closed.