Better account security

edited November 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
I would like to suggest a better account security just like in discord.
If you don't know how discord security works.....
Whenever you log-in from a new IP adress, it sends a confirmation link to your email to confirm its real you. It should also work whenever you change your email.

If this is applied to Cubic Castles then even if some people(Mostly Kids) get tricked by those account stealers they won't be able to take their stuff.
They may change their account password but that don't matters because mabz can help you get your account back.
If not this, I just hope there is a better account security-thing.
This is just a suggestion please no negativity... Also I know it's your own fault when you give out your password to anyone. I just dont want to see people saying someone hacked them, when actually they gave their password to some websites.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Yeah but as you said, it's our own fault if someone play on our account. So it won't be useful for that. But it is more secure of course :P
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Yeah but as you said, it's our own fault if someone play on our account. So it won't be useful for that. But it is more secure of course :P

Well it still prevents people from logging into your account after they phished it. The only downside is the possibility of going through this entire process yourself when switching device/ip.

• +1? i have 3 friend that got hacked >_< before :<
  • +1, it may reduce some hack cases
  • Added a poll :v
    Can someone please fix the poll?
    If it cant be edited then vote something similar for yes!
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Added a poll :v

Couldn't you delete it and make a new one?
  • Added a poll :v

I can uncheck it but when I check again, same thing appears that cant be edit

Added a poll :v

I can uncheck it but when I check again, same thing appears that cant be edit
    Well, if you still want the poll, you can contact one of the forum moderator to fix it for you.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Most people who get "hacked" don't get their CC passwords stolen. They get their email passwords stolen and use that to find their CC account info. Even if this system was implemented, it would be instantly bypassed, since hackers already have access to the supposedly secure email.
  • edited November 2017
    NoeNt said:

I don't think I will works since if you change the password you can also change the email+if someone taps on that link you showed in the other thread,the guy who made the link can spy and know all your passwords..

They can also add the same verification thing on changing emails.. Also 'mostly' people get scammed by giving out their cc passwords. That was the first cc account scam I had ever seen which scammed your whole email.

Fixed the poll :D
    Even so, this would prevent some cases. If someone was phished for their CC password, then this will be a big help. It might not be effective against the stolen email password, but it's still something.
  • NoeNt said:

NoeNt said:

I don't think I will works since if you change the password you can also change the email+if someone taps on that link you showed in the other thread,the guy who made the link can spy and know all your passwords..

They can also add the same verification thing on changing emails.. Also 'mostly' people get scammed by giving out their cc passwords. That was the first cc account scam I had ever seen which scammed your whole email.

Fixed the poll :D
    As i said above that wont change anything if people will continue going on links etc...
    If you read clearly I said it will prevent cc account scams and like CanItBeDone said atleast its something then no saftey atall..
  • bringing up an old discussion due to recent events. we know its our fault to give our account details but a double confirmation link sent to email would be better.
  • edited April 2020