2 Suggestions - Shrink Bumper and Toilet Seats

gdog gdog Retired Moderator
edited November 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
So I've recently been having my shrink wand equipped for the first time in awhile.
So much fun and not just the pvp aspects of it. Seeing a little qbee run around or be literally engulfed in a cup of coffee is too funny.

The only downside is that its a very short period of time that you stay small.
My suggestion is a shrink bumper that the owner can place down in their realm and allow players to bump it to toggle between a big qbee and a little qbee.
This could also work really well for some parkour or adventure maps as being that size will allow you to squeeze between certain blocks. eg. Trunks, bars and pillars etc.
You could make mini parkours by having a bumper at the start of the course and then having pillars or other blocks that only little qbees would fit trough. Pixel and sculpty blocks would be perfect for this. If you died while on the parkour and spawn at a checkpoint it would keep you as a small qbee until you left the realm.

EDITS from comment feedback.
- Make the bumper purchaseable form the store for around 2000c (seems about right could be more)
- When a small qbee leaves the room/realm they would go back to normal size.
- Make is so the owner can decide if small qbees would be squished by big qbees by setting pvp on/off.|
On would allow qbees to be squished by large qbees. Off would not allow qbees to be squished by large qbees.

Next idea is just to make toilets work like chairs so when you stand on them you sit down.
As Michael Stipe from REM said. "everybody poops, sometimes"
I may be mishearing those lyrics lul.
Yeah why not tho. It'd make it that bit more immersive for role players etc.

I always try to suggest stuff that is easy to implement. The mechanics for both these suggestions are already in the game so why not? What do do you think?

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 2017
    Allowing Qbeez to sit down on toilets, sure thing! As for the idea of a shrink bumper. If the shrink bumper only allowed a player to shrink into a smaller scale for a duration of time, I'm for it. If it wasn't, I can imagine how costly it would be to utilize this bumper. Having to rebump the bumper to get back to normal size is a bit expensive for me, at least. Of course, it's not of big importance. A player can simply create a map dedicated for small Qbeez. Or have only one section dedicated to a small qbee. But if it were a different scenario, I find the wand preferable. Now the most important question: I wonder if you can still squish players if we use these bumpers.
  • Yes and yes! +1
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Allowing Qbeez to sit down on toilets, sure thing! As for the idea of a shrink bumper. If the shrink bumper only allowed a player to shrink into a smaller scale for a duration of time, I'm for it. If it wasn't, I can imagine how costly it would be to utilize this bumper. Having to rebump the bumper to get back to normal size is a bit expensive for me, at least. Of course, it's not of big importance. A player can simply create a map dedicated for small Qbeez. Or have only one section dedicated to a small qbee. But if it were a different scenario, I find the wand preferable. Now the most important question: I wonder if you can still squish players if we use these bumpers.

It would be just like a mute bumper or a hidey bumper. Not a one time use item.
    When you left the room or realm it would just make you go back to normal size.
    Could be 2k from the cubit store for the bumper.
    Which would also allow those who can't afford the wand to go to people realms who have the bumper and enjoy the hilarity that is being a small qbee.

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    gdog said:

Which would also allow those who can't afford the wand to go to people realms who have the bumper and enjoy the hilarity that is being a small qbee.

I guess if players can make the maps adaptable to relighting and check pointing then it wouldn't be much of an issue. But aren't shrink wands 1000 cubits?

gdog said:

I guess if players can make the maps adaptable to relighting and check pointing then it wouldn't be much of an issue. But aren't shrink wands 1000 cubits?
    Yeah they are but shrink wand a, only have 1500 charges b, work for only one player c, have a small duration of time before you become a big qbee again.

Other players would be able to use the bumper without having to buy it themselves.
    Much like the hidey bumper.

Here's an old video where i show what you can squeeze through while being small.
    Go to 3minutes into the video if it doesn't start you there automatically.

I picture mini parkours too with pixel blocks. Just think it would be fun.

Remember this is all optional. You don't want small qbees in your realm or parkour don't put a shrink bumper down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I've watched the video when it came out, pretty interesting series.

Anyways, I'm for both of your suggestion, but juuuust a little clarification. Will players be squished if a bigger player steps on them when using this bumper. Anndd, can't multiple people get shrieked by the wand when they are close enough to each other?
    edited November 2017

I've watched the video when it came out, pretty interesting series.

Anyways, I'm for both of your suggestion, but juuuust a little clarification. Will players be squished if a bigger player steps on them when using this bumper. Anndd, can't multiple people get shrieked by the wand when they are close enough to each other?

Good question.
    I guess big players would be able to get squished if the same mechanics are used.
    I guess this could be an option that the owner sets. eg. if they set pvp to on then yes small qbees would be squished. If they have pvp set to off then small qbees would not be able to be squished by big qbees. Seems like a good way to do it right?

Good point though, glad you made it. If this were to get added its details like this that could really make or break the enjoyment of the block.

Yes multiple players can be shrunk at the same time by a shrink wand.

Added some edits to the original post from feedback in the comments. Thanks for bringing up possible flaws or oversights.
  • edited November 2017
    I will like when qbee sittin in toilets, its more accurate from doing a School RP also I like the idea of Mini Parkour when if they gonna add Mini Bumpers (Sound Cute Tho :D) also if we (just a suggestion) want our selfs to be mini, the big qbees might squish us!
  • OMG pretty idea +1 :D ,sirkewb apply please anyways :D
  • :OOO Shrink Bumperss!!!! +!!!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    LiteRary said:

l think it should be one of mini updates before thanksgiving. +1

No updates before thanksgiving, but we miiiight have time to do one between tg and xmas. No promises!

• LiteRary said:

No updates before thanksgiving, but we miiiight have time to do one between tg and xmas. No promises!

omg omg omg! ;)
    wow :O
  • I agree on the shrink bumper! +1

LiteRary said:

ooooh huge thanks boss.
    Bluejay_1 said:

I agree on the shrink bumper! +1

nearly spat my coffee out when i opened that picture. see guys its hilarious being so small :)
  • +1
  • Great suggestions! Especially the one about shrink bumpers!!! OMG I LOVE SHRUNKEN QBEES!!! They are so tiny and cute... I actually wanted to suggest a mini cow cause they are adorable next to their large counter-parts... Would be great if we could use a shrink bumper on anything or anyone!! O.o
  • Hey Y'all, me and @danlovespie2 we're having a little fun with shrink magic.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited November 2017
    Woohoo! Let's sit on toilets :D nice ideas +1
  • +1 like this idea
  • Shrink bumper would be awesome pvp can get really annoying sometimes
  • honey i shrunk the qbees! +1
  • Yesssss! +1!
  • For Sure! +1
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

honey i shrunk the qbees! +1

lol
    You beat me to it. :D

And sitting on a toilet.... makes sense.
  • honey i shrunk the qbees! +1

Hey I just realised I watched that film today xD
  • +1 to the shrink bumper and also
    +1 to the toilet seats xD it so good if you can sit to the toilets.
  • I love themmmm +1638 for all
  • If they add this I will replace all chairs I have with toilets for Very SERIOUS MEETINGS! XD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    93.75 to 6.25 with 48 votes.. wow.. Well +1 for both!
This discussion has been closed.