Help Me Beat the LAG!!!

I want to know EVERYTHING in a realm that causes it to lag!
I already am aware of torches.
Plus putting too many items in a vend.
The rest i'm not positive about, so ONLY COMMENT if u are absolutely sure (not guessing).
Thank You!!!
I'm tryin to make the best shop i can for everyone so all help is appreciated as i know phone users can have issues..

Comments

• Internet connection and too many items dropped.
  • Getting low bat (broke memory)
    Low Internet Connection
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited November 2017
    > Amount of floating items
    > Geyser and more generally animated blocks like mobs
    > Glass- Ice, items with kind of transparency if huge amount.

... summary of a discussion i had with kewberth a year ago.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It depends what kind of lag. There are 2 kinds. Visual/graphical .. which is device based, and networking lag. For networking lag mostly it's mobs that could hit you there since they communicate with server the way players do. And of course having more players in a realm adds networking lag. For graphics the stuff Knop said, but also the complexity of the items.

If you have many items that have a lot of edges/faces that is slower than blocks. An example of a complex object would be the bones item that Gdog is so fond of. The more you have of that sort of item the more likely it is to slow down display on older devices. On a pc or modern latest top of the line phone/tablet it won't matter too much.
  • Thank you all SOOO Much!!!
  • It depends what kind of lag. There are 2 kinds. Visual/graphical .. which is device based, and networking lag. For networking lag mostly it's mobs that could hit you there since they communicate with server the way players do. And of course having more players in a realm adds networking lag. For graphics the stuff Knop said, but also the complexity of the items.

If you have many items that have a lot of edges/faces that is slower than blocks. An example of a complex object would be the bones item that Gdog is so fond of. The more you have of that sort of item the more likely it is to slow down display on older devices. On a pc or modern latest top of the line phone/tablet it won't matter too much.

I've noticed that when chunks (chunks are what I'm calling the 10x10 or whatever size area of blocks drawn as a single object) are removed from memory (making them invisible) and someone enters the room, the chunks are reloaded, making me think the entire map may be being reloaded when someone enters.

Is it something you're aware of? Is this what is happening? If this is why we lag when someone enters (the entire map is being redrawn) is there anything we can do to fix it?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Giant_ said:

It depends what kind of lag. There are 2 kinds. Visual/graphical .. which is device based, and networking lag. For networking lag mostly it's mobs that could hit you there since they communicate with server the way players do. And of course having more players in a realm adds networking lag. For graphics the stuff Knop said, but also the complexity of the items.

I've noticed that when chunks (chunks are what I'm calling the 10x10 or whatever size area of blocks drawn as a single object) are removed from memory (making them invisible) and someone enters the room, the chunks are reloaded, making me think the entire map may be being reloaded when someone enters.

Is it something you're aware of? Is this what is happening? If this is why we lag when someone enters (the entire map is being redrawn) is there anything we can do to fix it?
    If the entire realm/room is reloaded when someone enters, and you are lagging, I highly doubt that's the issue. That's probably your internet.
  • Pen's Yard Rentals!
  • Just tell them to drag their camera angle down. Sounds weird, but it actually works.
    But one of the main thing that causes lag is Arcello Rings.