I give up the build for today cause of some persistant glitch... do something.

enza widowenza widow Member
edited November 2017 in Bug Reports
Two things in this game becomes really boring:

1- When i build a simple block, my qbee go away and come back to build it. That's to say, instead of insta-build, i wait for 3 seconds that my qbee finished his ride. It's just a non-sens

2- Removing a block is sometimes headhache, and it's not always due to a bad connexion. Tonight, i just give up with a build since i have to spend... up to 5 secondes... to remove a single block (12 block = 1 minutes....wooo). It's not always the case but it sometimes happend.

So... if building or removing block becomes hell, i'll stop it, and join the wonderfull collaboration of hat seller... and wait, seating on a chair.... and wait.... for hat buyer.... cool....

Comments

• Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited November 2017
    I barely build but first problem always happens to me i hate it, and sometimes the qbee can’t finish his ride (he gets stuck to something)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Your issue with breaking block is most likely your internet connection.
  • Here's a good mindset to fix it: I could if I?

Also, try going closer to your router. If it doesn't actually fix the problem(or decrease), then try something else.
  • for me, when I go free building, it doesn't show the blocks I'm building and after I refresh it finally shows
  • I agree with this thread because it even happens when I’m farming, I try to plant down seeds in a straight line, but some how my web walks to the side and walks back to place a seeds, and it continues going normal for a while until it happens again.
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember

2- Removing a block is sometimes headhache, and it's not always due to a bad connexion. Tonight, i just give up with a build since i have to spend... up to 5 secondes... to remove a single block (12 block = 1 minutes....wooo). It's not always the case but it sometimes.

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The random moving bug has happened to me for years when I am placing blocks on the very bottom of a realm, never as frequently as you stated though.
  • This has never happened to me. I am on an iPad. Maybe its your device? Did you send a support ticket. I think it is rather rude of you to demand that something be done. Suggesting is one thing, but demanding is rude.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited November 2017
    Shaanti said:

This has never happened to me. I am on an iPad. Maybe its your device? Did you send a support ticket. I think it is rather rude of you to demand that something be done. Suggesting is one thing, but demanding is rude.

There's nothing rude in saying "do something!" , at least in my country... so maybe it's a bad translation or something like this, and it depends of how it's said, so... Anyway, be sure that devs will let me know if they feel affected... dont you think?

Anyway my first issue lasts since many month and becomes worth each day. I'm playing on Windows-Steam.

Concerning the second one, well... it happens when i've lag, but happens too when i dont experience any lag.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited November 2017
    I build a lot, and I'm not really sure what kind of issues you're having here or why they're happening. Is this something that has always been a problem or is it something new? Does it only happen sometimes or all the time. It might be fixable, but right now I can't say I fully understand the issue.

Just to be clear about how building works... here is roughly what it does...

1) Am I close enough to build right away? Ok build then (maybe an additional test here to ensure the qbee is standing on a valid surface)

2) If I'm NOT close enough, can I reach somewhere close where I can stand?

3) If not say "I can't reach that"

4) Otherwise, if I can reach a position to build.. walk a path to that spot and then build

So it kind of sounds like it's failing that first "close enough" test, but then walking away and back again to build, if I follow your description.

One thing that would help correct this is if you could come up with a specific scenario when building which causes it to occur. Like build this shape and then try to build a block here while standing in this other spot and the effect happens.. that kind of thing. If it's not happening all the time maybe it only happens when standing on a particular kind of block or something like that. I personally have not experienced this so again it's hard to fix since I'm not really sure when it happens or if I fully get it.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Building a patterned floor (one flat surface, but multiple types of blocks) usually makes my qbee walk away and back again, but it's never actually stopped or impeded building. Maybe it's related?
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember

I build a lot, and I'm not really sure what kind of issues you're having here or why they're happening. Is this something that has always been a problem or is it something new? Does it only happen sometimes or all the time. It might be fixable, but right now I can't say I fully understand the issue.

Just to be clear about how building works... here is roughly what it does...

1) Am I close enough to build right away? Ok build then (maybe an additional test here to ensure the qbee is standing on a valid surface)

2) If I'm NOT close enough, can I reach somewhere close where I can stand?

3) If not say "I can't reach that"

4) Otherwise, if I can reach a position to build.. walk a path to that spot and then build

So it kind of sounds like it's failing that first "close enough" test, but then walking away and back again to build, if I follow your description.

One thing that would help correct this is if you could come up with a specific scenario when building which causes it to occur. Like build this shape and then try to build a block here while standing in this other spot and the effect happens.. that kind of thing. If it's not happening all the time maybe it only happens when standing on a particular kind of block or something like that. I personally have not experienced this so again it's hard to fix since I'm not really sure when it happens or if I fully get it.

Usually happens on pixel blocks
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

So if you're standing on pixel block and then build nearby it causes unecessary walking around? Does that make sense with what you were experiencing Enza?

• Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Yes I’ve experienced this way too much, annoying as it uses so much more time, it also occurs when breaking pixel blocks, I’ve noticed it happens when there is a large number of sculpties or pixels either around you or in the realm.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited November 2017

So if you're standing on pixel block and then build nearby it causes unecessary walking around? Does that make sense with what you were experiencing Enza?

All i've read above explain exactly what happend to me.

Since Sculpty block update, it happend when some sculpty or half block are already built in the room.

...and I agree with eagence about that glitch with pet, cause it's due to same issue: Sometimes, pets looks like stucked by an invisible wall.

Ty to care, it's really boring and yesterday, i just gave up the build because of this =/
    OK I will look into it and see if it can be improved for the thanksgiving update. Hopefully the problem is not too difficult to fix and adjustments can be made.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    I have faced the wandering qbee problem too. Although I can't help by saying when it happened for me since I don't remember. But it also happened when there were no sculpties in the room. Half blocks and stairs were there, however. It has been there for as long as I've been playing and leaving the game and coming back usually solves the problem for me.