Sellback

CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
In this game, making cubits and profits is pretty hard as it is. You are limited to selling certain things, and that's only the first step of what must be done to actually sell things. While this game has several features to make trading more manageable (e.g. Registers, /trade, vending machines), selling things is different from making it easier to sell things.

Before I get berated by people saying, "Cubic Castles isn't all about making money!" I'll have to say, cubits play a huge part in this game. Certain building materials are only obtainable through cubits, while the ones you can craft of mine dull in it's presence. For an example, take a look at some of the building contests, while some very talented builders can create art with normal blocks, it can't compare with the appearances and effects of holiday blocks/furniture. Cubits also decide on the building space we want.

Anyways, my point is, we should have a feature where players can resell unwanted vanities (beanies, etc). The pricing of the resold item can be low, but who cares? It's better than having it collect digital dust in our old cabinets. Most of the vanities you can obtain through the store on a daily basis is unwanted. Sure. You'll have several people who would purchase it, but that's only if they still want it. We already have the recube bins for unwanted hats, but most people probably prefer getting cubits than recubes.

Comments

•   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    +1
  • +1
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Attached a poll :P
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Hello, hello! Threads on this forum often drown under the seas of others, so I'll be bumping this. I noticed that someone voted "no." Hmm. Yea, can I get some feedback on why this isn't something you would like? Any feedback is appreciated actually. Thanks!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I’m confused. Would it be like a machine where people could sell to it? If so -1 Because Prices always are changing. A price could drop a ton and then stuff sold to the machine would be worth more than the items value. Which would take the items out of the game causing it to rise again. If not please explain what you mean i’m not exactly sure..
    U said:

I’m confused. Would it be like a machine where people could sell to it? If so -1 Because Prices always are changing. A price could drop a ton and then stuff sold to the machine would be worth more than the items value. Which would take the items out of the game causing it to rise again. If not please explain what you mean i’m not exactly sure..

Okay, a sellback can be done by selling it on the cubit store, or something like the Farmer's Co-OP. Prices change a lot, but that doesn't mean sellback value should change along with it. The sellback value will prevent prices from dipping too much or going too high.
  • QbirdQbird Member
    edited November 2017
    +1
    Sorry, can't answer the poll , don't see it
    (I know it's there , but I'm on mobile)
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    -Gundam- said:

+1

If you go to the full site you can see it. (there’s a button at the bottom of the page to go there.)

U said:

Okay, a sellback can be done by selling it on the cubit store, or something like the Farmer's Co-OP. Prices change a lot, but that doesn't mean sellback value should change along with it. The sellback value will prevent prices from dipping too much or going too high.
    Hmmm, I still stand saying it would take items out of the game causing them to rise. Say 10 discontinued items are sold to it a week, it would rise quickly as those items are no longer in the game. Anyways, I think both of our opinions are clearly stated and don’t think it’s nessasary for us to debate on this topic anymore. Feel free to quote me and respond but I won’t respond unless I have a strong opinion to it.
    U said:

-Gundam- said:

+1

If you go to the full site you can see it. (there’s a button at the bottom of the page to go there.)

U said:

Hmmm, I still stand saying it would take items out of the game causing them to rise. Say 10 discontinued items are sold to it a week, it would rise quickly as those items are no longer in the game. Anyways, I think both of our opinions are clearly stated and don’t think it’s nessasary for us to debate on this topic anymore. Feel free to quote me and respond but I won’t respond unless I have a strong opinion to it.
    Understandable. But I'm just going to point out why I suggested it in the first place. Considering the hat pack is filled with hats that were released years ago, they certainly don't hold much desire and worth. The sellback is only something to get rid of those hats for pure cubits. Or if a item was to drop in price, the sellback will drag it back up. For the items that rise in price, we will now know they won't dip so fast. Also considering that sellback will not have a high selling price, I highly doubt people will even bother liquidating rare items to it.