Knowing the owner by just typing /owner.

so I know that the command /owner is just for a mod and admins so I suggest that command can effect to a normal player because sometimes there is owner that using his/her realm to scam and using hidey bumper. so if normal player effect that command it would be easily to know the owner specially if the realm doesnt have a *info bumper*

Comments

• Well we can look at the pros and cons of this suggestion:
    Pros:
    -Reduce Hidey Bumper scams by 75%, Or completely
    -Most scammers will quit because equipment for most other scams are expensive
    -Game will be more clean
    -Moderators get to rest more
    Cons:
    There are none... Really.

So 10/10 from me :).
  • +1
  • +1 Biceps
  • I think it's a nice idea to allow us to use this perk as players. I never did understand why we couldn't in the first place. What's the harm in letting players see who owns a realm? I think it would help a lot, with not only scams but just in general.

I go to shops sometimes and have no clue who the owner is, but if I could just /owner inside the realm, my problem is solved, and I am happy.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    +1
  • +1
  • +1
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1 this has a lot of pro's:
    -scammers cant hide their name anymore

-some of the scams will be harder to trick people for so scammers wont do that as often

-because scammers will go on to another type of scam it could get easier for mods to do things about it

-remember when you enter a shop and you have to ask who the owner is and since the owner is busy he doesnt react? Well not needed anymore then

I also wanna suggest an adition: when you use the command the owner will be highlighted with and arrow above that person heads or even an outline around the person that also is seeable trough blocks and such, that will cause another type of scams to be stopped
  • thanks for the support guys :) i really wish this command will effect to an normal player instead shouting "who's the owner" realm or room this is really helpful if normal player have this command.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    I Once suggested a long while ago, about being able to name rooms and have the owners name show up with the room/realm name that is displayed upon entering.

But having an "/owner" or such ability would be useful for players more so.
    Would it devalue info blocks? Perhaps, but the owner name is not the only bit of information the block portrays.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    BJDware said:

I Once suggested a long while ago, about being able to name rooms and have the owners name show up with the room/realm name that is displayed upon entering.

Would it devalue info blocks? Perhaps, but the owner name is not the only bit of information the block portrays.

Some doesn't even bump info bumpers.
    BJDware said:

well the name upon entering a realm would be handy, but the scammers ussually just use rooms what makes it so you dont see any realm name since its a room so it wont work everytime then
  • +1 since it's hard to find the owner of a realm without the info bumper. Support this one.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    LiteRary said:

Ed said:

+1

Erm...You're mod but anyway....Yeah...weird..ughh...You can command it actually.
    It helps us mods too when someone tries to provide proof
  • It's a great idea. I have implemented it and it will be present at the next server restart, within the next two days.
  • CosmicCow said:

It's a great idea. I have implemented it and it will be present at the next server restart, within the next two days.

:O :D thanks devs!
    Question @CosmicCow
    Does this affect rooms?
    And cons:
    Alt made room, then main account will use the realm/room for a cover up.

But in all. This is a spectacular bonus!
  • so what if the owner has an alt hidden in the realm with perm? can we also see a list of players with perm in the realms/rooms i feel like this would be beneficial to be able to know in case you need to report the alt(if owner has to quote on quote go afk or goes offline.
  • edited October 2017
    CosmicCow said:

It's a great idea. I have implemented it and it will be present at the next server restart, within the next two days.

Wow that's the fastest implement I've seen so far :O
    Does that means this is a miracle?
  • CosmicCow said:

Big thanks to you! @CosmicCow

CosmicCow said:

Wow that's the fastest implement I've seen so far :O
    Does that means this is a miracle?
    Well this implenatation is just hitting a switch and done i guess
  • CosmicCow said:

thanks cosmic :D
  • im just asking but what if you setting up a prize dispenser and a player tp to you and use this command will it work? pls no

im just asking but what if you setting up a prize dispenser and a player tp to you and use this command will it work? pls no

What do you mean? They will just see who the owner is not tp to you/become the owner or so
  • im just asking but what if you setting up a prize dispenser and a player tp to you and use this command will it work? pls no

What do you mean? They will just see who the owner is not tp to you/become the owner or so
    oooooh i get it now im super sorry im just not thinking straight