Account name availability.

QuackersQuackers Member
edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
You know how inactive accounts have lots of lets say "rare" names that people desire but cannot have due to inactive accounts owning those names. Well my suggestion to that is after, lets say 6 months to a year a user name can be up for grabs and used by other players if they use a name tag or an account with that name and finally have access to that name.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree, I have wanted the username Dragon for years now, ever since I started. For about a year now I have even offered a million cubits for the username yet nobody has contact with this player and this player hasn't played for a couple years now as far as I'm aware.. So, of course I support this. Also, this won't ever be a issue because the time could restart every time that person logs on. So, if someone doesn't want to lose their name but is inactive they can just find a device, download cc for a few moments, log on, log out, delete cc, and go on their way.
  • My question is how would the system handle changing their name to make it available? Would the account have to be deleted? How would it work. Not that it would be hard to make my name again I be sad if someone stole it. If I was in a car crash and put in a coma for three years I would like to be able to return to CC with my name lol.
  • Ks.Ks. Member
    if its lvl 0 to lvl 5 account and not active for 8 month , i agree :P
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator

My question is how would the system handle changing their name to make it available? Would the account have to be deleted? How would it work. Not that it would be hard to make my name again I be sad if someone stole it. If I was in a car crash and put in a coma for three years I would like to be able to return to CC with my name lol.

Ive seen a pretty good system for another game i used to play long ago
    I was inactive for very long and they sent me an email telling me i got my name changed to something like name14235 (name being the current name) and you get a free rename when you log in if you dont like the current name, if they are or were inactive for over a year that could work out for CC too imo
  • Yes pls i would love to get the name Jc
  • Ed said:

My question is how would the system handle changing their name to make it available? Would the account have to be deleted? How would it work. Not that it would be hard to make my name again I be sad if someone stole it. If I was in a car crash and put in a coma for three years I would like to be able to return to CC with my name lol.

Ive seen a pretty good system for another game i used to play long ago
    I was inactive for very long and they sent me an email telling me i got my name changed to something like name14235 (name being the current name) and you get a free rename when you log in if you dont like the current name, if they are or were inactive for over a year that could work out for CC too imo
    That's perfect. I want a certain name so badly. ;-;
  • I've always wanted the name Delicate Elegancy... Yet I'm sure that it has been used before....
  • Yes! I agree. There has always been that one name I've wanted but sadly it is taken and I have NEVER seen or heard about these people in the community
  • This would be completely unfair. What if someone is holding on to the username Dragon for their friend in case they ever play CC, or maybe they're holding on to that name because they're writing a book called Dragon or making a video game with that name and want to claim it. Who knows? They might even play again after 5 years, just taking a break.

What about those players who stop for a year or 2 then play again? What if you had a job or business and could only get on only so often? I mean, it's just not fair. If you had an awesome username you wouldn't want it either....

Sorry if I sound too negative...
  • yes i need the name oof.
    now.
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited October 2017
    I say no because i've seen players return after 8 months, 12 months, ect.. I myself took a 5 month break at one point... Names should be written in the stars!! To be remembered as we are, as individuals, singular, and unique....
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2017

This would be completely unfair. What if someone is holding on to the username Dragon for their friend in case they ever play CC, or maybe they're holding on to that name because they're writing a book called Dragon or making a video game with that name and want to claim it. Who knows? They might even play again after 5 years, just taking a break.

What about those players who stop for a year or 2 then play again? What if you had a job or business and could only get on only so often? I mean, it's just not fair. If you had an awesome username you wouldn't want it either....

Sorry if I sound too negative...

I say no because i've seen players return after 8 months, 12 months, ect.. I myself took a 5 month break at one point... Names should be written in the stars!! To be remembered as we are, as individuals, singular, and unique....

By logging on, even for a few minutes, it will reset the time. If you can't log on once after a few months then idk what to tell you.
  • It's a good idea since some people want to get other taken name, but what if someone left the game for some years and when they're back, they'll lose their friends who are still active since those friends didn't know the name and deleted them from their friend list.
    U said:

By logging on, even for a few minutes, it will reset the time. If you can't log on once after a few months then idk what to tell you.

Usually anyone who leave the game also uninstall their CC app, so they won't be able to log in everyday.
  • I would wanted the name " Med ", it just unavailable :Q:
  • I would like 4 years margin...

It's the nature of the online gaming beast. As we are known by our names/ids, using someone else's gets confusing, even if they haven't played in a while. They had an established style of play, and using their name, even if they haven't been in the game for a while, is like masquerading as them, IMO.

Be unique and come up with something that no one has thought of and embrace that name! It's how I got mine. I wanted "beachy" in one of my first online games. It was taken. I was sad. I modified mine to be b3achy, which keeps the flavor of the original name, but is unique. Now, pretty much any game I log into, I use this name, so if you see it elsewhere, it's a good chance it is me playing another game as it sets me apart.

I dislike the thought of reassigning anything personal in games using an arbitrary time span as some people do need to take breaks for a while from a game, and I'm sure many would like to have the option to come back later to play again (if the game is still around) using their original names/ids. Sometimes breaks are unintentional (serious accidents, RL commitments, etc), and a person shouldn't be penalized because of something out of their control. {Yea, I'm that person that also gets irked when my realm gets booted off the overworld map because I had busy week/month, but I'm coming to terms with it since I really don't lose anything per se.}
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited October 2017
    b3achy said:

It's the nature of the online gaming beast. As we are known by our names/ids, using someone else's gets confusing, even if they haven't played in a while. They had an established style of play, and using their name, even if they haven't been in the game for a while, is like masquerading as them, IMO.

Exactly this. Just opening up the door to identity theft. What about the mods that have left the game? Or popular players? Way to open to abuse (as much as I would like the username 'Sid' (also knowing full well that if this system is in place, someone would grab 'Sid' before me most likely))