Louder Speakers

How about a speaker that can cover double the area (30 blocks) then the normal (15 blocks) without fading out entirely or speakers that cover a whole realm.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I agree, i dont want to have to fill the entire realm with boxes to be able to listen to the music....

For a 99x99 it would cost around 42k to fill the realm with music and it would fade out every time, not to be counted all the trouble to even place them right....
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 2017
    Yeah maybe a different kind with more range or whole realm range. This is not about filling realms with boxes so much as... well my idea about was that it was kind of like Disneyland theme-park music. When I visited those theme parks they had speakers in different areas of the park with themed music that would sort of fade in and out as you entered different areas and I always liked that effect. Also I thought that by limiting the range it would allow different moods during a quest. Like cross the fields but reach the witches hut and different songs for each. So yeah in theory I think we could provide some rangier or full realm versions at some point.

I'll just note that it's a bit tricky with regards to people not mixing sounds in a nasty way (yeah people will abuse everything) and so it isn't just a question of quickly adding new boxes. Takes a little more work.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator

Yeah maybe a different kind with more range or whole realm range. This is not about filling realms with boxes so much as... well my idea about was that it was kind of like Disneyland theme-park music. When I visited those theme parks they had speakers in different areas of the park with themed music that would sort of fade in and out as you entered different areas and I always liked that effect. Also I thought that by limiting the range it would allow different moods during a quest. Like cross the fields but reach the witches hut and different songs for each. So yeah in theory I think we could provide some rangier or full realm versions at some point.

I'll just note that it's a bit tricky with regards to people not mixing sounds in a nasty way (yeah people will abuse everything) and so it isn't just a question of quickly adding new boxes. Takes a little more work.

Maybe if you ever add a full realm speaker have the small ones have priority over the big one so we could still get that small area of music in certain parts of a quests as you said
    Would that work?
  • Or their range could be adjustable
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Maybe you can do like this:
    -amplifier: place this against your speaker to make the sound louder, you can choose between 10x, 25x and whole realm

-the boxes set: gives you a receiver (place against the box that you want the music of want to be copied) and in the pack are some boxes with it with different packs with each different ammount of boxes with the more its in the pack you get a small discount on each, like:
    -5 boxes, 1 receiver: 1.000c (200c each)
    -10 boxes, 1 receiver: 1.500c (150c each)
    -20 boxes, 1 receiver: 2.000c (100c each)
    I did it on purpose cheaper than normal boxes since they only copy music so you still need the original box placed