How Secure is YOUR password? And other security questions!

This is a website that can calculate how long it would take a computer to guess your password.

Note - This is not my website, and it CAN'T take passwords and use them, it is just a TEST!

The game is, you insert your current Cubic Castles password, and when your results show up, take a screenshot and post it here! We can also discuss as a community how to make more secure passwords! I would also like to use this discussion as a place for players to talk about security and server questions that they have. #HowSecureIsYourPass ?

Comments

• takes 59 minutes.
    it's time to change my password.
  • edited October 2017
    Takes a day. Holy crap.

And for my alt's password...

Get ready...

35 THOUSAND YEARS! HOLY CRAP THAT'S JUST TOO MUCH!!!!

I think I need to change my pass, and lets see what my new password has to offer.

885 OCTILLION YEARS!

• SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    edited October 2017

• QbirdQbird Member
    edited October 2017
    Only one day ?
    Gad damnit . Gotta change a lot of my passwords .

But let's not forget that this website is made by dashlane, making business with password security . They might exaggerate a bit with the password's weakness .

Just in case the edit fails, this would be an in intended multi post . The comment editing is pretty messed up with me .
  • -Gundam- said:

Only one day ?
    Gad damnit . Gotta change a lot of my passwords .

But let's not forget that this website is made by dashlane, making business with password security . They might exaggerate a bit with the password's weakness .

Just in case the edit fails, this would be an in intended multi post . The comment editing is pretty messed up with me .

Again, these are aproximations, so they will not be 100% accurate, but they ARE close.
  • 6 Million Years for a computer
  • If you type random stuff for a certain amount of time, it will eventually say "FOREVER" XDD
  • 11 trillion years,
    4 weeks
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    People don't generally hack passwords this way though. They steal passwords by installing software on machines to read them from local storage or get them from keyboard monitoring. But that's ultra sophisticated compared to what usually happens. Usually people give their passwords away because they were tricked. It's easier to hack people than computers :-)
  • People don't generally hack passwords this way though. They steal passwords by installing software on machines to read them from local storage or get them from keyboard monitoring. But that's ultra sophisticated compared to what usually happens. Usually people give their passwords away because they were tricked. It's easier to hack people than computers :-)

Someone in my family usually uses this kind of softwares, the "I type some things till it's good" to find OUR passwords and spy on us
    Story aside, I think it's easier to hack computers than people .
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited October 2017
    Mine would take 6 000 years :3

and I observed that if you put a lot of * or $ or thus kind of sepcial characters, you can reach the "Forever" pass ^^
  • If the password is an actual word or name, like Charles or lobster, the password is cracked instantly.
  • My new password takes forever to find out.
    Here's the password:
    ╭━━━━╮
    ╰┃ ┣▇━▇
     ┃ ┃  ╰━▅╮
     ╰┳╯ ╰━━┳╯
      ╰╮ ┳━━╯
     ▕▔▋ ╰╮╭━╮
    ╱▔╲▋╰━┻┻╮╲╱▔▔▔╲
    ▏  ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔  O O┃
    ╲╱▔╲▂▂▂▂╱▔╲▂▂▂╱
     ▏╳▕▇▇▕ ▏╳▕▇▇▕
     ╲▂╱╲▂╱ ╲▂╱╲▂