Farm Perk: Land management 3

If some one has this perk, would you please answer the following? The perk says you may have 100 crops in two realms. MUST you place the crops in two realms or may you place all 100 In one realm. Thank you for your help. PLEASE do not answer if you don’t know or you are not 100% sure. Those kinds of answers are not helpful as I am looking for facts not speculation . Thanks so much.

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    You can have 100 crops in EACH realm :) which would make 200 in total.
  • 100 crops im the first realm and 100 crops in the other realm, too bad you can’t do a room with all the crops inside
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I have the perk. I have 100 crops in 2 rooms. total of 200 crops
  • Thanks everyone. So it seems 100 is the most for each room up to five rooms at the highest perk. I appreciate all the info. You guys are wonderful.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Indeed is 100 per realm, on higher level you can do like 250 and such i believe

Also @CosmicCow or @SirKewberth is it maybe an idea that we can do like all those crops in one realm with the option of doing it in more realms, because its hughly irritating to need to have more realms for it....
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited October 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

Also @CosmicCow or @SirKewberth is it maybe an idea that we can do like all those crops in one realm with the option of doing it in more realms, because its hughly irritating to need to have more realms for it....

The server cant take that much...dont you think they made it like this to keep the servers cool?
    Seems like you're dev. luca^^

What about : because it pushes players to buy more realms?

Nobody knows and will know truth about this, whatever will be said by admin.
    lucaaa795 said:

The server cant take that much...dont you think they made it like this to keep the servers cool?
    In my mind it will only take a heavier load on the servers.... think of all the rooms and realms that come extra because it
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    You have such a cynical view Enza. But what can I say? If you think we're liars trying to trick people into spending more then what good would it do to deny it? If I was a liar then I'd lie about that too wouldn't I? But sometimes it's a let-down to read stuff like that... I like to think we're pretty straightforward with players and not using trickery to support the game, but rather, hopefully adding value that people appreciate.
  • You have such a cynical view Enza. But what can I say? If you think we're liars trying to trick people into spending more then what good would it do to deny it? If I was a liar then I'd lie about that too wouldn't I? But sometimes it's a let-down to read stuff like that... I like to think we're pretty straightforward with players and not using trickery to support the game, but rather, hopefully adding value that people appreciate.

Ohhhhhh 0.0
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited October 2017

You have such a cynical view Enza. But what can I say? If you think we're liars trying to trick people into spending more then what good would it do to deny it? If I was a liar then I'd lie about that too wouldn't I? But sometimes it's a let-down to read stuff like that... I like to think we're pretty straightforward with players and not using trickery to support the game, but rather, hopefully adding value that people appreciate.

Sure Kewberth. I understand your answer.

Meet me anytime you wish. Far from me the idea of covering the rainbow with shadow.
    And well, that's not the subject there.

But is it an option to add the option to do all the soil in one realm?
  • You have such a cynical view Enza. But what can I say? If you think we're liars trying to trick people into spending more then what good would it do to deny it? If I was a liar then I'd lie about that too wouldn't I? But sometimes it's a let-down to read stuff like that... I like to think we're pretty straightforward with players and not using trickery to support the game, but rather, hopefully adding value that people appreciate.

But is it an option to add the option to do all the soil in one realm?
    Sadely not.
    For exemple, If you have the last perk 5x500, you need 5 rooms. You can't do 2500 in only one room.

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    To answer for those who will believe it, yes we did split it up because we were afraid it would be too many plants to process in a single realm when calculating the growth of the plants on the server and we were afraid it would cause lagging issues when entering realms that were being loaded onto the server. Might it be possible to increase the maximum without problems? Cosmic would better answer since hes the main server guy... I'm not 100% sure but we play it a little cautious.
  • Developing an MMO is all about spreading the load across many servers/cores, and not making any single area too intense. We use 3+ghz xeon e5 processors on all of our servers because single-threaded performance is the main limitation we have.

That's why we limit the crops and other things per realm. For example, we also limit the # of mobs per realm to 30. Why would we do that if we're greedy? Wouldn't we want more pets and mobs sold?

I hope that answers the question.

To answer for those who will believe it, yes we did split it up because we were afraid it would be too many plants to process in a single realm when calculating the growth of the plants on the server and we were afraid it would cause lagging issues when entering realms that were being loaded onto the server. Might it be possible to increase the maximum without problems? Cosmic would better answer since hes the main server guy... I'm not 100% sure but we play it a little cautious.

CosmicCow said:

Developing an MMO is all about spreading the load across many servers/cores, and not making any single area too intense. We use 3+ghz xeon e5 processors on all of our servers because single-threaded performance is the main limitation we have.

That's why we limit the crops and other things per realm. For example, we also limit the # of mobs per realm to 30. Why would we do that if we're greedy? Wouldn't we want more pets and mobs sold?

I hope that answers the question.

Ah thnx for the answers ^^