Hotkeys for inventory

On a PC I think pressing 1-8 on your keyboard should "click" the corresponding item in the top row of your inventory based on the number pressed. I attached a photo below which sort of might help explain what I mean.
Pressing 4 would select the grass blocks & pressing 1 would select the "magical hand." This would be real useful for PC users while they're building.

Comments

• +1, it's useful for a lot of stuff.
  • On a PC I think pressing 1-8 on your keyboard should "click" the corresponding item in the top row of your inventory based on the number pressed. I attached a photo below which sort of might help explain what I mean.
    Pressing 4 would select the grass blocks & pressing 1 would select the "magical hand." This would be real useful for PC users while they're building.

it'd be annoying if you're typing
    you're building something you type a number in chat to someone and it switches it
    tbh this is the laziest suggestion i found
    is it that hard to move your mouse and click an item
  • On a PC I think pressing 1-8 on your keyboard should "click" the corresponding item in the top row of your inventory based on the number pressed. I attached a photo below which sort of might help explain what I mean.

you're building something you type a number in chat to someone and it switches it
    Maybe when you're typing, the hotkeys won't work.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember

On a PC I think pressing 1-8 on your keyboard should "click" the corresponding item in the top row of your inventory based on the number pressed. I attached a photo below which sort of might help explain what I mean.

Maybe when you're typing, the hotkeys won't work.
    +1 here.

+1 to what OrangeTail said. As for being the laziest suggestion you have seen. I find it tedious to be constantly accidentally placing a block over another block and then having to go and click the mouse icon over and over.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

This is actually in my current build, so it will be in a future update for PC and Mac. Hopefully within a few weeks.

This is actually in my current build, so it will be in a future update for PC and Mac. Hopefully within a few weeks.
    Omg cant wait... but isnt it like the roblox mechanics

• MrFani said:

Minecraft*
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator

MrFani said:

Minecraft*
    minecraft or not cant wait to have that, im so over to have to swap between 2 blocks constantly by clicking thanks kew <3

• There's a difference between being faster at building and being lazy .
    +1, even if I never play on PC .
  • *crosses fingers for zooms*
  • Well just hope for the best
  • +1 I was thinking about making a thread of the same topic, but you beat me to it.
  • will 1 be the use hand and 2-9 the other things because that would be gr8.
    right now pc is not the easiest to play with: wasd for walking, space for jump, direction keys for cam and mouse for clicking on what u are going to use. and only 2 hands.
  • epieownz said:

will 1 be the use hand and 2-9 the other things because that would be gr8.
    right now pc is not the easiest to play with: wasd for walking, space for jump, direction keys for cam and mouse for clicking on what u are going to use. and only 2 hands.

*2-8 given that there are 8 slots and yes that'll most likely be it

Also, btw, it's possible to reassign keys so that you don't have to take ur hand off of the mouse/arrows/wasd whenever you need to change camera angle or jump. It does take some hand eye co-ordination tho.

Me too >.<
    It'd be so nice to be able to take zoomed selfies with your friends :O

Me too >.<
    It'd be so nice to be able to take zoomed selfies with your friends :O

You can of you have iPhone or iPad. Take a screen shot and edit it in your photo app. Crop it down so only your friend and you are showing. When you hit done the photo will look bigger. Voilà. Selfie.