Realm decay

I have searched this but don't find an anwswer to this question :
I know you have to build

Comments

• Its not if you build in it. When you place a realm in the overworld, it will decay after a week of no overworld visits. If it reaches a certain milestone of visits, it can last a month without decay. When a realm decays, the deed and it's castle stamp (if applied), will appear in your inventory.
  • Its not if you build in it. When you place a realm in the overworld, it will decay after a week of no overworld visits. If it reaches a certain milestone of visits, it can last a month without decay. When a realm decays, the deed and it's castle stamp (if applied), will appear in your inventory.

There IS a certain over-world that you realm can disappear from in a day doesn't matter how much you built or how many visits you get
  • I don't see why visitors should have anything to do with it. This is a game about building, isn't it? At least that's what I thought. Although, come to think of it, I have had days when many people have visited and the realm is still in my inventory the next day.
  • Once you reach 1k block built, your realm will decay after 24 hours if you (owner) don't enter it, and after 5k block built, it will decay after 1 week if you don't enter it, and it will stay for 3 months if you've built 10k blocks in it.
    But in certain situation, your realm will decay faster, such as :
    • You lock your realm,
    • CosmicCow team restart the server (Your realm will instantly decay, but some realm will not. (I don't know why)),
    • You put your realm in Aspen. (There is a bug/glitch in Aspen which make realms decay faster.)
  • Once you reach 1k block built, your realm will decay after 24 hours if you (owner) don't enter it, and after 5k block built, it will decay after 1 week if you don't enter it, and it will stay for 3 months if you've built 10k blocks in it.

• You lock your realm,
    • CosmicCow team restart the server (Your realm will instantly decay, but some realm will not. (I don't know why)),
    • You put your realm in Aspen. (There is a bug/glitch in Aspen which make realms decay faster.)
    Thanks for these details about the levels, but are these still the time lines? Feels like I've had my realm decay faster than these even at 5K+ blocks and not being in Aspen. I really wish they'd put this type of helpful information into the wiki, so people aren't confused/frustrated because their realm keeps falling off the overworld.

Now, for my opinion on some of these rules:
    I think it's silly for any realm to decay in less than a week, even if locked. I can see the need to decay the realms to make space for more active players, but a 24 hour decay rate is just plain frustrating to newer players because just about every time they come back to the game, their realm is in their inventory and not on the overworld.
    I also think it's silly to have a faster decay rate if you lock your realm. You might be working on it, and not want others traipsing through the realm while it is a work in progress. It shouldn't decay faster just because you lock it, especially if you are in it daily. But desiring privacy in your realm shouldn't be a reason for it to be bumped off the overworld map (though I've learned to just have rooms off the realm that I lock down).

Best advice I got from someone was to make sure I placed a few blocks in my realm daily (even if I removed them immediately), so I'd get a bump up in the build/block numbers. That seems to make a bigger difference in keeping the realm on the map than having visitors IMO, as there were days I had people other than me in my realm, but because I didn't build it would fall off the overworld because I'd not been in there daily.
  • If your realm doesn't have a lot of blocks built yet, it won't last for very long on the overworld before it decays and you have to replace it.

Things that make realms last longer:
    1. Using a Castle Stamp (Pipe, Barn, Temple, etc)
    2. Building more blocks in it
    3. Setting the "Who can visit" option in Realm Setup to "Anyone", rather than "Only Me" or "Me and My Friends"

There might be more things that you can do, but that's all I know of x3

There are some other tips here, well just one.
  • ShaantiShaanti Member
    edited September 2017

If your realm doesn't have a lot of blocks built yet, it won't last for very long on the overworld before it decays and you have to replace it.

Things that make realms last longer:
    1. Using a Castle Stamp (Pipe, Barn, Temple, etc)
    2. Building more blocks in it
    3. Setting the "Who can visit" option in Realm Setup to "Anyone", rather than "Only Me" or "Me and My Friends"

There might be more things that you can do, but that's all I know of x3

There are some other tips here, well just one.
    I have a castle stamp, my realm has lots of blocks built in different rooms, and most rooms are set to anyone except the one I'm currently working on.

Once you reach 1k block built, your realm will decay after 24 hours if you (owner) don't enter it, and after 5k block built, it will decay after 1 week if you don't enter it, and it will stay for 3 months if you've built 10k blocks in it.

• You lock your realm,
    Aha! I have built my realm in Aspen as ther seems to be more room there. That must be the problem. I hope it gets fixed!