Can anyone explain me how this happened?

2»

Comments

• Okay thanks
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    edited August 2017
    If you can't find it, I put the star warps for the Co-Op Farm in a vending machine at the Helping Hands realm later last night.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2017
    Per the confusion over the time it takes for the soil to dry out...is it possible the soil resets at midnight Pacific as to a 'new day' rather than 24 hours after originally watering? I noticed my crops needed watering when I got on this morning (10am), even though I didn't plant them until last night (about 6-7pm).

So, another key question is, how long do we have once our crops are 'dry' before they die/wither? They shouldn't die immediately (though it sounds like some do).

Also, with the comment from @SirKewberth above about not putting anything over top...I build my realms in layers, and I have my farm on the bottom layer. I have another layer 25-30 blocks above my crop farm for my fruit bushes (so the bottom layer has plenty of 'sunlight' and the camera isn't affected by the top level/layer). Will this kill my crops? (Going to keep them going 'for science' and report back as right now, they look like they are growing.)
    This is going to stink if my crops are going to die because I don't want to only put my farm on the top layer. Guess it's a good thing I didn't plant all my seeds yet (and points to why we need to have at least tomato seeds purchase-able with cubits - maybe only 5 packs at a time - in case we kill all our plants while finding bugs and have no recubes to buy more).
  • @SirKewberth do the crops wilt even like a few minutes after 24hrs without watering them? Do the crops run on a timer?
  • The same thing happened to me it's in a regular area white clouds and not cover by anything and all of them died expect one
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    @b3achy

Even after reading that if there are blocks above your crops, I goofed and forget I planted my crops in a realm with a glass floor in the middle and at the top about 30 blocks apart. My crops didn't die though, they actually sprouted!
  • @b3achy

Even after reading that if there are blocks above your crops, I goofed and forget I planted my crops in a realm with a glass floor in the middle and at the top about 30 blocks apart. My crops didn't die though, they actually sprouted!

CosmicCow posted some clarification in another thread, that as long as the blocks are more than 12-15 blocks above the crops, you should be okay...don't remember the exact number, but I knew that my blocks at 25-30 should be okay. I think they are trying to gather all the nuances and include them in the wiki too...at least I hope they do, as there are so many additional rules to follow and it's not as simple as putting the crops down, watering them, and harvesting.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

@b3achy

If the ceiling is high enough then yeah it'll be ok. I didn't mention that because I think there's enough new things for people to learn right now, but that's why you didn't have a problem.